d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > European Union News > What's Up In The Eu.
Prev1196197198199200646Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1.00
Oct 18 2018 05:07pm
Quote (Saucisson6000 @ Oct 18 2018 04:12pm)
Your relatives are probably a rejection, Paris is fine.
What is your country ?

Paris certainly is not "fine"in comparison to its former self. It's a dump.
Gold: 17,384.69
Oct 18 2018 05:40pm
Quote (SBD @ 19 Oct 2018 00:07)
Paris certainly is not "fine"in comparison to its former self. It's a dump.

ofc you have not a fucking idea of what you are talking about, not to mention you totally dodged when i asked you: what is your country ?

Quote (ampoo @ 18 Oct 2018 22:10)
paris is a sinkhole ffs :lol:
but i guess thats exactly how sauci loves it, open air migrant camps, dirt, no go areas, crime, violent demonstrations and outrages, constant fear of terrorism and military patrols
just lovely

this kind of vomit fits well with you
Gold: 10,655.00
Oct 20 2018 07:12am

Thousands take to streets in London demanding second Brexit vote

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-britain-eu-protests/thousands-take-to-streets-in-london-demanding-second-brexit-vote-idUSKCN1MU0JD

LONDON (Reuters) - Tens of thousands of supporters of the European Union began marching through London on Saturday as part of what organizers say will be the largest ever demonstration to demand that the British government holds a public vote on the terms of Brexit.

This just started this morning. I expect that the turn out won't be as great as expected, in this article.
Gold: 260.11
Oct 20 2018 07:14am
Quote (Ghot @ Oct 20 2018 07:12am)
Thousands take to streets in London demanding second Brexit vote

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-britain-eu-protests/thousands-take-to-streets-in-london-demanding-second-brexit-vote-idUSKCN1MU0JD

This just started this morning. I expect that the turn out won't be as great as expected, in this article.

Should have happened a while ago. The refedendum wasnt mandatory to follow through, theres no reason they should have started the process based on that vote.

This post was edited by Thor123422 on Oct 20 2018 07:14am
Gold: 10,655.00
Oct 20 2018 07:23am
Quote (Thor123422 @ Oct 20 2018 09:14am)
Should have happened a while ago. The refedendum wasnt mandatory to follow through, theres no reason they should have started the process based on that vote.

I KNOW the info about this is posted on here somewhere, but I believe the "referendum" WAS about leaving... as in actually doing it. Iirc, there was a pre-vote, just to decide if there would be a referendum vote.

ref·er·en·dum
/ˌrefəˈrendəm/
noun
noun: referendum; plural noun: referenda; plural noun: referendums

a general vote by the electorate on a single political question that has been referred to them for a direct decision.

This post was edited by Ghot on Oct 20 2018 07:23am
Gold: 83.30
Oct 22 2018 06:23am
http://www.tellerreport.com/news/--for-the-first-time--non-religious-people-in-the-netherlands-are-in-the-majority-.HyIUyxoiX.html

Finallly an official report from our governmental census organization that shows the majority being non-religious.

I suspect this has been the case for much longer, but the data now reflects it. Previously they would request data from churches/mosques/synagogues but those are very unreliable. For example, I am still enlisted as a Catholic (baptized, communion and confirmed), but haven't been to church in over a decade. Mostly because it's a real fucking hassle to unregister from the Catholic church.
Gold: 4,400.67
Oct 22 2018 07:29am
Quote (balrog66 @ 22 Oct 2018 14:23)
http://www.tellerreport.com/news/--for-the-first-time--non-religious-people-in-the-netherlands-are-in-the-majority-.HyIUyxoiX.html

Finallly an official report from our governmental census organization that shows the majority being non-religious.

I suspect this has been the case for much longer, but the data now reflects it. Previously they would request data from churches/mosques/synagogues but those are very unreliable. For example, I am still enlisted as a Catholic (baptized, communion and confirmed), but haven't been to church in over a decade. Mostly because it's a real fucking hassle to unregister from the Catholic church.

tell me about it. here in Germany, I had to visit three different authorities to unregister from being a Protestant. which I did when I started earning money and paying taxes, since here, the government is automatically collecting church taxes on behalf of the churches. talk about privilege, lol. and yes, there is a "church tax" here. so since I'm an atheist, havent attended service (outside of christmas and funerals) since I got my confirmation at age 14, I thought "fuck it, not paying this kind of tax". but boy do they make it tedious to actually get out. leaving scientology or the LDS might be less of a hassle. :rolleyes:
Gold: 4,383.11
Oct 22 2018 08:07am
Quote (Black XistenZ @ 22 Oct 2018 15:29)
tell me about it. here in Germany, I had to visit three different authorities to unregister from being a Protestant. which I did when I started earning money and paying taxes, since here, the government is automatically collecting church taxes on behalf of the churches. talk about privilege, lol. and yes, there is a "church tax" here. so since I'm an atheist, havent attended service (outside of christmas and funerals) since I got my confirmation at age 14, I thought "fuck it, not paying this kind of tax". but boy do they make it tedious to actually get out. leaving scientology or the LDS might be less of a hassle. :rolleyes:

:lol:
i just needed one visit to the local church and a letter for the authoritites ^_^
i guess i was lucky then, cant complain
btw, i was supposed to be out of the church already, when my mother deregistered, but somehow that didnt work

that entire system needs to be redone from scratch, its a relic from days past

but too easy and important i guess
Gold: 2,617.52
Oct 22 2018 08:19am
Quote (Thor123422 @ Oct 20 2018 09:14am)

I wonder when Meuller will arrest you for UK election meddling
Gold: 260.11
Oct 22 2018 08:33am
Quote (Ghot @ Oct 20 2018 07:23am)
I KNOW the info about this is posted on here somewhere, but I believe the "referendum" WAS about leaving... as in actually doing it. Iirc, there was a pre-vote, just to decide if there would be a referendum vote.

ref·er·en·dum
/ˌrefəˈrendəm/
noun
noun: referendum; plural noun: referenda; plural noun: referendums

a general vote by the electorate on a single political question that has been referred to them for a direct decision.

It was an advisory referendum, not a binding one. If an advisory referendum barely scrapes 50% with a ton of controversy you probably shouldnt make a decision based on that vote. At most you should draw a specific plan and have a vote for that plan.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1196197198199200646Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll