d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > European Union News > What's Up In The Eu.
Prev1195196197198199646Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 4,383.11
Oct 15 2018 11:24am
Quote (IchBinDaddy @ 15 Oct 2018 15:56)
Hostage situation under control at Cologne rail station.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-45862091

German police say they now have an armed assailant at Cologne's main railway station "under control" and the woman he took hostage is receiving medical treatment.
She had minor injuries from the incident but he is reported to have serious injuries.
There was a full evacuation of the station, one of Germany's biggest transport hubs.
Local media say the incident does not appear to have been terror-related.
Earlier there were unconfirmed reports of shots being fired.

55 year old syrian with a criminal record
stormed into a mcdonalds with a weapon and set a girl on fire with a molotov cocktail
then took a female hostage in a pharmacy and fixated her to gas bottles, threatening to blow her up
claims to be an isis supporter

just confirmed in a police press conference

nothing to worry about folks, this is not a terror attack
that poor man is just mentally ill

This post was edited by ampoo on Oct 15 2018 11:26am
Gold: 2,489.69
Oct 15 2018 11:30am
Quote (ampoo @ Oct 15 2018 11:24am)
55 year old syrian with a criminal record
stormed into a mcdonalds with a weapon and set a girl on fire with a molotov cocktail
then took a female hostage in a pharmacy and fixated her to gas bottles, threatening to blow her up
claims to be an isis supporter

just confirmed in a police press conference

nothing to worry about folks, this is not a terror attack
that poor man is just mentally ill

does he have actual ties to ISIS?

while im not usually one for the semantics game, it's similar to Serial Killer vs Copy Cat killers. while the distinction is in many context moot, because people are dying, it is important to know the differences in terms of enforcement. ISIS operatives are generally near impossible to catch, their sleeper cells are very effective at evading detection. Whereas those mentally ill people that ISIS coerces into killing people, or even simply inspires, are usually easier to detect. Beyond that it's important to know whether this was a person contacted and coerced or just a copy cat who acted on his own.
Oct 15 2018 11:54am
Quote (thesnipa @ 15 Oct 2018 19:30)
does he have actual ties to ISIS?

while im not usually one for the semantics game, it's similar to Serial Killer vs Copy Cat killers. while the distinction is in many context moot, because people are dying, it is important to know the differences in terms of enforcement. ISIS operatives are generally near impossible to catch, their sleeper cells are very effective at evading detection. Whereas those mentally ill people that ISIS coerces into killing people, or even simply inspires, are usually easier to detect. Beyond that it's important to know whether this was a person contacted and coerced or just a copy cat who acted on his own.

not known yet, my personal prediction is that he does not, but we will see
wouldnt be the first guy to make a false claim

what matters is that we have yet another illegal migrant, who was inspired by isis and the religion of peace (should have been deported since the year 2016)
whether he was an actual member or not, is of course important for an investigation, but in the big picture its not since isis clearly wants lone wolves/non members to take action

gun, throwing a molotov into a restaurant, taking of hostages, extra gas cylinders and some more fire accelerants
i get your point, but for us citizens the result is the same, isis member or not

there are certainly lots of undetected sleeper cells with thousands of members in germany alone, but so far all groups and individuals that have committed something here were known to the police already
the christmas market terrorist anis amri and loads of his friends and supporters are all high profile criminals with isis connections

i mean, its not even necessary to hide anything anymore here, nothing will happen anyway and this fellow is just another to fit all the criteria of our state failures

german source
https://www.welt.de/vermischtes/article182111108/Polizeigrosseinsatz-in-Koeln-Geiselnehmer-soll-gedroht-haben-Frau-anzuzuenden.html
Gold: 2,489.69
Oct 15 2018 11:56am
Quote (ampoo @ Oct 15 2018 11:54am)
not known yet, my personal prediction is that he does not, but we will see
wouldnt be the first guy to make a false claim

what matters is that we have yet another illegal migrant, who was inspired by isis and the religion of peace (should have been deported since the year 2016)
whether he was an actual member or not, is of course important for an investigation, but in the big picture its not since isis clearly wants lone wolves/non members to take action

gun, throwing a molotov into a restaurant, taking of hostages, extra gas cylinders and some more fire accelerants
i get your point, but for us citizens the result is the same, isis member or not

there are certainly lots of undetected sleeper cells with thousands of members in germany alone, but so far all groups and individuals that have committed something here were known to the police already
the christmas market terrorist anis amri and loads of his friends and supporters are all high profile criminals with isis connections

i mean, its not even necessary to hide anything anymore here, nothing will happen anyway and this fellow is just another to fit all the criteria of our state failures

german source
https://www.welt.de/vermischtes/article182111108/Polizeigrosseinsatz-in-Koeln-Geiselnehmer-soll-gedroht-haben-Frau-anzuzuenden.html

Ya my guess is he had contact with Isis but largely acted on his own. Honestly Isis radicalising Muslims without having to supply them weapons is terrifying and maybe worse
Gold: 2,570.91
Oct 17 2018 11:38am
Eurobarometer on the support the EU has in each member state:

Over all there is still a nice strong support throughout the continent, although in Italy and the Czech Republic it's below 50% (still preferred over a leave option though).

I have to say that I'm really surprised by Poland's result... it's far more euroskeptic than what Polish citizens seem to be.
Gold: 0.00
Oct 18 2018 05:47am
Gold: 0.00
Oct 18 2018 12:42pm
Gold: 1.00
Oct 18 2018 12:52pm
I have some relatives who said they wouldn't go back to Paris again.

Which is strange because they're no stranger to third world streets and pushy people trying to get their buck anyway possible.

I think it's becsuse they we're not in the mindset of okay that's what this is going to be so they were caught off guard.

Tis unfortunate.

This post was edited by SBD on Oct 18 2018 12:55pm
Gold: 17,384.69
Oct 18 2018 02:12pm
Quote (SBD @ 18 Oct 2018 19:52)
I have some relatives who said they wouldn't go back to Paris again.

Your relatives are probably a rejection, Paris is fine.
What is your country ?
Oct 18 2018 03:10pm
paris is a sinkhole ffs :lol:

but i guess thats exactly how sauci loves it, open air migrant camps, dirt, no go areas, crime, violent demonstrations and outrages, constant fear of terrorism and military patrols

just lovely
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1195196197198199646Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll