d2jsp Forums > Other Games > Path of Exile > 3.0.2
Prev1101112
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 144,565.01
Oct 12 2017 08:11am
So... Everything but SRS still sucks?
Gold: 0.00
Oct 12 2017 08:10pm
In 3.0.2, we fixed a bug where Desecrate would choose from any possible monster that could spawn in the current area including those that you had as Spectres, but noting that it could not spawn monsters that could never spawn in that area (such as non-map monsters). This was especially confusing due to the fact that there are some monsters that share the same name between their campaign and map versions but are technically different monster types.

The reason why we fixed this was because it was very confusing as to why some monsters could be created with Desecrate if you had them as a Spectre, but others could not be (depending on what area you were in). There wasn't an internal list, it was just due to the unclear way Desecrate worked. We received a lot of complaints in 3.0.0 about how confusing Desecrate's behaviour was, due to the fact that 3.0.0 contained a lot of monsters that shared names between campaign and map versions while technically being different monster types.

The fix to this in yesterday's 3.0.2 update was to make Desecrate work how it was intended to work originally, where it summons monsters from the actual area you're currently in.

Community feedback has shown us that players found the prior behaviour very important, so we are explicitly changing the formal behaviour of Desecrate to: "Desecrates the ground, summoning corpses and dealing chaos damage to all enemies in the area. The corpses will be chosen from the monsters in the current area and any Spectres that have existed in this instance."

We expect to release this change early next week. Thanks for your feedback.
Gold: 202.99
Oct 13 2017 05:38am
Quote (DaTz @ 13 Oct 2017 05:10)
In 3.0.2, we fixed a bug where Desecrate would choose from any possible monster that could spawn in the current area including those that you had as Spectres, but noting that it could not spawn monsters that could never spawn in that area (such as non-map monsters). This was especially confusing due to the fact that there are some monsters that share the same name between their campaign and map versions but are technically different monster types.

The reason why we fixed this was because it was very confusing as to why some monsters could be created with Desecrate if you had them as a Spectre, but others could not be (depending on what area you were in). There wasn't an internal list, it was just due to the unclear way Desecrate worked. We received a lot of complaints in 3.0.0 about how confusing Desecrate's behaviour was, due to the fact that 3.0.0 contained a lot of monsters that shared names between campaign and map versions while technically being different monster types.

The fix to this in yesterday's 3.0.2 update was to make Desecrate work how it was intended to work originally, where it summons monsters from the actual area you're currently in.

Community feedback has shown us that players found the prior behaviour very important, so we are explicitly changing the formal behaviour of Desecrate to: "Desecrates the ground, summoning corpses and dealing chaos damage to all enemies in the area. The corpses will be chosen from the monsters in the current area and any Spectres that have existed in this instance."

We expect to release this change early next week. Thanks for your feedback.

soooo... This is a buff(?)
Gold: 90.58
Oct 13 2017 07:52am
Quote (pypyjyys @ Oct 13 2017 03:38am)
soooo... This is a buff(?)

*after reddit whined about it, for the 99th time

ggg only doing it as a pr move

chris has got to "say sorry, and apologize!, so he can be idolized again!" ggg mahhh fav company, can do no wrong, the BeST!!@3!@#

circle jerk back in full force now, because chris said so

This post was edited by JohnMiller92 on Oct 13 2017 07:57am
Gold: 40,610.50
Oct 13 2017 11:48am
Hope they dont nerf too much spectres next patch. Im gonna start new league with spectre summoner.
Gold: 14.90
Oct 13 2017 12:09pm
i hope they bring back es attack builds
hate low life builds, or high life builds with shit dps forced to use abyssus annd still get oneshot with 8k hp

This post was edited by DalaiLama on Oct 13 2017 12:10pm
Gold: 40,610.50
Oct 14 2017 06:46am
Quote (DalaiLama @ Oct 13 2017 09:09pm)
i hope they bring back es attack builds
hate low life builds, or high life builds with shit dps forced to use abyssus annd still get oneshot with 8k hp

I have high hopes for Es too.I think they will un nerf it a bit cause it's almost unusable now.
Gold: 450.51
Oct 14 2017 03:12pm
I go into an area to kill zombies and raise them as specters. So technically, I have zombies with superspecter powers!

I played a SRS summoner with zombies to tank before. It was before ascendancies and I thought it worked well :)

Could kill up to t13 then.
Go Back To Path of Exile Topic List
Prev1101112
Add Reply New Topic New Poll