d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > Consoles > Xbox > 100$ Headsets
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 250.00
Warn: 10%
Oct 11 2017 02:08pm
Quote (BABYMETAL @ Oct 10 2017 08:41pm)
Anything that's not marketed as "gaming".

You do realize all the best headsets are marketed as "gaming" headsets right? Astros are marketed as gaming headsets.

You're best bet is to do the research, compare specs, and then check second-site sources like Craigslist/ebay/jsp etc.. I bought my Astros which were like new for $100 from a guy I met online. It works for PC/Xbox One/and Ps4.

Quote (Rektifye @ Oct 11 2017 06:31am)
giving him a heads up that there is next to nothing in terms of wireless VSS and the system will be a disappointment if he was a long term Sony user. Assuming you're one of those Xbox from the beginning guys that took my post to heart in what Xbox lacks, thanks for commenting on my post even tho it has nothing to do with you.

Wired > Wireless for SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO many fucking reasons, but durability/longevity should be more than enough to make even complete idiots, who only care about how they look in their own home, reconsider buying wireless alternatives that have worst specs, and last on average about 1/4 as long as the wired alternatives from the same manufactures.

This post was edited by jadeoshbogosh on Oct 11 2017 02:10pm
Gold: 80.00
Oct 13 2017 05:41am
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Oct 11 2017 04:08pm)

Wired > Wireless for SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO many fucking reasons, but durability/longevity should be more than enough to make even complete idiots, who only care about how they look in their own home, reconsider buying wireless alternatives that have worst specs, and last on average about 1/4 as long as the wired alternatives from the same manufactures.

you cant get VSS on a wired headset without spending crazy money on ASTROs or the TB 800's unless you're lucky like yourself and find a used pair in good condition. I realize that its only Virtual and not Actually DSS but it makes a huge difference when playing games like Siege or COD. not sure why anyone would want to have a cord running from their ear to their hands if they didn't have to. anyhow. The point I was trying to make is Xbox has complete shit in terms of variety in headsets. all the TB sound the same, the wireless ones (Afterglow) are complete shit with no VSS and terrible mic quality. your only alternatives are wired sets that max out at the same quality as the TB series or a set that costs the same as the Xbox itself.
Gold: 21,406.00
Oct 13 2017 12:41pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Oct 11 2017 01:08pm)
You do realize all the best headsets are marketed as "gaming" headsets right? Astros are marketed as gaming headsets.

You're best bet is to do the research, compare specs, and then check second-site sources like Craigslist/ebay/jsp etc.. I bought my Astros which were like new for $100 from a guy I met online. It works for PC/Xbox One/and Ps4.

That's not true at all. Buy brand name and use a modmic. I Is e senheiser he 598 with a modmic, nd they are fantastic. Furthermore, you have a nice set of headphones to use for music etc
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Oct 13 2017 10:10pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Oct 11 2017 04:08pm)

I would have to agree with you on this, I have been on both sides of the spectrum here and wired> (as long as you have the $ to chuck at it)
Gold: 6,000.00
Nov 4 2017 08:02am
Quote (Rektifye @ Oct 11 2017 08:05am)
I was PS for years...switched to xbox for about 11 months before I sold it and went back to PS. I gave it a fair go..but the IOS is shit, the Store charges tax, the controllers require battery's or battery packs, the system didn't offer jack in terms of Wireless VSS headsets and trying to install a SSD drive in the system voids the god damn warranty.. just my opinion but I couldn't bring myself to like it. I understand people that have been Xbox from the get go and love it..but trying to move over from PS wasn't even possible for me.

I had the complete opposite happen got the ps4 cause that seemed to be what all my boys bought now the thing is sitting in the upstairs living room I don't even think it's been turned on since may.

Go Back To Xbox Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll