d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Are Your Items Safe? > Diablo 2 Maint
Prev1234568Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 354.00
Sep 29 2017 11:43am
So does this afffect Europe, or not?

Quote (Relm @ Sep 29 2017 05:01pm)
Uh no? Dupers, hackers and third party trading ruined the game. The game would’ve had a lot more longevity if hard-to-get items like the high end runewords were actually hard to get, and if the economy wasn’t devestated by people trading outside of the actual game.

Doing data migration 10+ years after the game’s prime has little to no impact compared to the above.

Actually banning bot accounts ruined the game.
A lot of people that work would run their bot(s) and they would find the items for them. Then they would play their chars.
People who work could even get their keys banned every now and then, as long as characters stay (so Blizzard earns money).

Now if you want to play legit, you have to grind and no one who works can compete any more with no-lifers or kids, or people who had the best items.
With a bot, you could do it (at least a bit), without bot, not realistic, unless you are willing to spend money.

Killing bots = killing the game.
Gold: 31.00
Sep 29 2017 11:44am
Quote (dropship @ Sep 29 2017 12:43pm)
So does this afffect Europe, or not?

Actually banning bot accounts ruined the game.
A lot of people that work would run their bot(s) and they would find the items for them. Then they would play their chars.
People who work could even get their keys banned every now and then, as long as characters stay (so Blizzard earns money).

Now if you want to play legit, you have to grind and no one who works can compete any more with no-lifers or kids, or people who had the best items.
With a bot, you could do it (at least a bit), without bot, not realistic, unless you are willing to spend money.

Killing bots = killing the game.

Your argument is stupid. You’re stupid.
Gold: 0.00
Sep 29 2017 11:48am
Quote (Takashi @ Sep 29 2017 06:24pm)
even if i hate you

:rolleyes:

i can tell you one thing: My Pala of my oldest accs, which was expired but i didnt deleted, is resotred (not expired anymore) and all items are there...

which means your account wasnt expired, only the char and it must had have such a bad name that noone else took it, so the char wasnt deleted. thats why you were able to restore it in your account.

Quote (tagged4nothing @ Sep 29 2017 06:35pm)

all i can tell you... when i try to log-in to some old expired accounts, it's now telling me the password is wrong. (i don't remember them, so ya)
prior to this, it was telling me the accounts didn't exist. someone might be mad if i re-obtained my old necro i was scammed out of.
the acct names were a bit obscure, but still fathomable someone else might make them. if that makes sense

well, how long ago did you try to log into those accounts that were expired?
someone else might have created it meanwhile.
Sep 29 2017 11:49am
Quote (Relm @ Sep 29 2017 06:44pm)
Your argument is stupid. You’re stupid.

nvm what that other guy said but your arguments are not very grounded either. you should rethink your view on this world. srsly, how old are you??
Gold: 381.00
Trader: Trusted
Sep 29 2017 11:51am
Quote (Argand @ Sep 29 2017 12:48pm)
:rolleyes:

which means your account wasnt expired, only the char and it must had have such a bad name that noone else took it, so the char wasnt deleted. thats why you were able to restore it in your account.

well, how long ago did you try to log into those accounts that were expired?
someone else might have created it meanwhile.

yes this was a point i was making, they are a bit obscure names, but possible someone else created the same.
it's been nearly a year since i've last tried, so anything could have happened. it is odd though, that "all" of these old accounts are now active. there are quite a few i tried last night.
Gold: 31.00
Sep 29 2017 11:53am
Quote (Argand @ Sep 29 2017 12:49pm)
nvm what that other guy said but your arguments are not very grounded either. you should rethink your view on this world. srsly, how old are you??

You just want to eat your cake and have it too. The ones of us who play the game as Blizzard intended are unaffected by the data migration and we’re having as much fun as we’ve always had.
Sep 29 2017 11:54am
Quote (tagged4nothing @ Sep 29 2017 06:51pm)
yes this was a point i was making, they are a bit obscure names, but possible someone else created the same.
it's been nearly a year since i've last tried, so anything could have happened. it is odd though, that "all" of these old accounts are now active. there are quite a few i tried last night.

hm yeah, sounds weird. 50/50 chance that other people took them then.

i guess we have to wait and see what happens. this is either a wholy new situation for d2 including huge new problems, some sad faces and some luckers (so far i've been neither and that's ok for me) - or blizzard will react on the problems they have created and either create new problems or solve them.
some guys on battle.net forums have already suggested to blizz to get rid of the item-ID-system for all old items and just create IDs on now newly found stuff.

Sep 29 2017 11:56am
Quote (Relm @ Sep 29 2017 06:53pm)
You just want to eat your cake and have it too. The ones of us who play the game as Blizzard intended are unaffected by the data migration and we’re having as much fun as we’ve always had.

you fuckin idiot dont even know how i play, so shut your mouth.
i dont bot, i dont cheat and i didnt get any old chars back because there was nothing to get back again.
why dont you just leave this forum if you hate it so much? :rolleyes:

oh and btw, it's called "have your cake and eat it too", not the other way around.
hf raging over your poorness in d2 btw. i'm going to play ff6 on my snes classic mini now.

This post was edited by Argand on Sep 29 2017 11:57am
Sep 29 2017 12:01pm
This post is a violation of the site rules and appropriate action was taken.

Quote (Relm @ Sep 29 2017 06:53pm)
The ones of us who play the game as Blizzard intended are unaffected by the data migration

so the ones of you are still stuck on old servers, do i understand that correct? :rolleyes: EVERYONE is affected by the data migration you dumbfuck.
even wc3 players.
Gold: 922.67
Sep 29 2017 12:04pm
Quote (Argand @ 29 Sep 2017 18:56)
you fuckin idiot dont even know how i play, so shut your mouth.
i dont bot, i dont cheat and i didnt get any old chars back because there was nothing to get back again.
why dont you just leave this forum if you hate it so much? :rolleyes:

oh and btw, it's called "have your cake and eat it too", not the other way around.
hf raging over your poorness in d2 btw. i'm going to play ff6 on my snes classic mini now.

T-R-I-G-G-E-R-E-D
Go Back To Diablo 2 Discussion Topic List
Prev1234568Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll