d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Love Line > The Meaning Of Love > What Is Love?
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 117.00
Sep 21 2017 01:17am
The meaning of love is polyvinylchloride. Mean anything to any of you?

Love is.... a headcrab. It just doesn't let go.

Or like some people have said, "I love your butt".

Sentimentality is manipulation with emotion and love is naught but that manipulation.

Love blinds because it is darkness.

Or like Nazareth sung, love hurts.

In other words, all love (even as Scott Peck defines it "efforting for the spiritual development of others" [which is just a form of work]) is naught but that manipulation, it is all bad, it is all a lie.

Some people call it work, others call it something else, but it's actually all bad. It's all dark like the moon.
Gold: 845.50
Sep 21 2017 05:20am
Gold: 1,495.80
Sep 21 2017 06:05am
Baby don't hurt me
Gold: 28,296.01
Sep 21 2017 07:12am

Your bitterness may prevent love in your own life but it doesn't prevent it from existing in beautiful ways

Whether the animals or the trees or children or a romantic partner or anything in between love exists everywhere it's allowed

and with daily action and dedication and kindness it stays within those that find it, always

This post was edited by Beowulf on Sep 21 2017 07:12am
Gold: 0.00
Sep 22 2017 03:29pm
Quote (Ulfus @ Sep 21 2017 12:17am)
The meaning of love is polyvinylchloride. Mean anything to any of you?

Love is.... a headcrab. It just doesn't let go.

Or like some people have said, "I love your butt".

Sentimentality is manipulation with emotion and love is naught but that manipulation.

Love blinds because it is darkness.

Or like Nazareth sung, love hurts.

In other words, all love (even as Scott Peck defines it "efforting for the spiritual development of others" [which is just a form of work]) is naught but that manipulation, it is all bad, it is all a lie.

Some people call it work, others call it something else, but it's actually all bad. It's all dark like the moon.

Word to the wise, and a quote from Joe Dirt;

Home is where you make it. Or rather, you like to see homos naked.
Gold: 2.66
Sep 23 2017 02:40am
Yeah I agree that love is a word used to manipulate people. Most don't know that the language itself is manipulation. People will say outrageous things to describe their feelings. So they just sum it up into one word. People are controlled by their genes to feel attraction, and then exaggerate it. Most of it is just in your pants. Without your hormones, you wouldn't feel the same way about that special someone. Their would be no purpose. It's all designed in you in order to make babies. Now, to give a shit about someone. To actually care about someone beyond sex is something else. People keep redefining what the word is too. Different words should be used. Why not use different words to describe what is truly felt? Or lets just make the word love have one meaning. That way there is no ambiguity. Let the word "love" be defined as a strong liking of something. I love chocolate. I love my dog. I love my brother. I love my gf. Now the reason why I love is different. I love chocolate because it's delicious. I love my dog because he is fluffy and kind. I love my gf because she is useful for sex. You see that there. You can love someone but not truly care about them. People are trying to make the word mean both. I care about chocolate because I'm a food fanatic, I care about my dog because he is my friend, I care about my gf because we have a strong connection, and she is good friend. Bonds or connections are not developed in days or weeks. They take time. Showing that you care about someone takes way more than just loving them. Lets not get it twisted.

But can you have both with a person that you want to be your sex partner? Yes you can. But first you need attraction. Without that there is nothing. You need sex. Duh that is the glue that holds the relationship together. And you need to be on the same page. You need to bond in more ways than sex. You have to care for each other and show it.

Most people are indifferent about the caring part because that takes too long. We live in a very promiscuous society. People don't got time to let relationships get that far. It's impractical. The best we can do is just enjoy the ride and love one person at a time or use people for sex one at a time. You see! Using the word love to describe that is just a pretty way of saying it. Eventually, some people want that caring aspect and start settling down in their 30s. They realize that they suffer without someone caring about them. Their fertility going away has a lot to do with it too.

People are really needy creatures and it is by design. If you are not careful, you will end up putting yourself in a loop of attachment. You will suffer. I strongly advise to assume that everyone is garbage. That way you put people at level 0. Then slowly see what they are instead of putting them on a pedestal. I rather live my life not delusional. Or you can be delusional and let someone manipulate you with the word: love. The choice is yours.

Remember how manipulation works. A manipulator's objective is to gain your trust. Once he or she got your trust, then you will be played like a violin. Don't fall for it.

A man could have 3 families in three separate cities and say I loved them all. And is he right? Yes. But did he really care about the women and their feelings. Nope. Big difference. Players everywhere. They all guilty of the same shit. Lol, do you really believe what those manipulators say, "hate the game not the playa"? If you did, then you are fool for trusting their words. Thats what they do. I say hate them all.

This post was edited by Malignanttumor666 on Sep 23 2017 02:44am
Gold: 117.00
Sep 23 2017 10:22am
I was reading more Osho, and to add to it, he also says love is just a smokescreen which ultimately just means sex.
Gold: 1,113.99
Sep 29 2017 02:27am
Quote (Happypuppy @ Sep 21 2017 08:05pm)
Baby don't hurt me

Don't hurt me
Gold: 1,495.80
Sep 29 2017 05:18am
Quote (zayl121 @ Sep 29 2017 03:27am)
Don't hurt me

No more
Gold: 2,848.72
Warn: 80%
Sep 29 2017 03:51pm
Quote (Happypuppy @ Sep 29 2017 06:18am)
No more

What is love
Go Back To Love Line Topic List
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll