d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > What Do You Think Of Satanism
Prev1181920212234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 90.58
Oct 22 2017 03:37am
Quote (majorblood @ Oct 22 2017 02:36am)
he is a christian

i see, thanks
Gold: 5,016.77
Oct 22 2017 08:44am
Quote (JohnMiller92 @ Oct 22 2017 12:05am)
tfw when you agree with icemage regarding christianity but not when it comes to politics :lol:

have to say icemage tbh is pretty damn versed in his theology

Not well versed at all, I'm just talking to people who don't know much of anything about Christianity.

Quote (Magicman657 @ Oct 22 2017 03:35am)
I guess it's a good thing that much of what's in the Bible wasn't written before the existence of the church, because if say half the contents of your book was older than the Church and considered sacred then, that would be pretty fucking inconvenient to your argument.

He might be correct in what he says is the official position of the Church, but that in no way means that the official position of the Church is in congruence with reality. It doesn't really matter how well versed in things that are made up you are; it has no bearing on the actual truth of the matter, which is that the Church would not exist today if it didn't have the Bible to wield as a tool to control people.

The main point is that it's the authority of the church(and the authority of the head of the church) which people listened to.

@bold: Can you tell me in practice how Pope Urban II used the Bible to control people? He used his position as the head of the Catholic church to encourage believers to fight in a war.

This post was edited by IceMage on Oct 22 2017 08:45am
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Oct 22 2017 10:16am
Quote (caswallen @ 22 Oct 2017 12:26)
Satan wants things to go back to the way things were.... when people went to hell for sin, it doesn't work like that anymore, aka Satan is defeated

but but but I love him! Satan, I love you! who else could provide all those zombies for my shotgun ?!

This post was edited by the_rest on Oct 22 2017 10:19am
Gold: 745.69
Oct 22 2017 10:34am
Quote (IceMage @ Oct 22 2017 10:44am)
The main point is that it's the authority of the church(and the authority of the head of the church) which people listened to.

@bold: Can you tell me in practice how Pope Urban II used the Bible to control people? He used his position as the head of the Catholic church to encourage believers to fight in a war.

I think I've made this pretty clear by now; if there was no Bible, then no one would have taken the Pope seriously. They did because of their belief in Jesus stemming from the Bible and then people telling them "hey Jesus also wants you to do whatever this guy says". It's using people's good intentions against them, much the same way the radical left does today (though that's another conversation for another topic).
Gold: 847.98
Oct 22 2017 10:59am
Quote (Magicman657 @ Oct 22 2017 12:34pm)
I think I've made this pretty clear by now; if there was no Bible, then no one would have taken the Pope seriously. They did because of their belief in Jesus stemming from the Bible and then people telling them "hey Jesus also wants you to do whatever this guy says". It's using people's good intentions against them, much the same way the radical left does today (though that's another conversation for another topic).

you're making all the right points. These people won't understand. They're Christian. They blindly follow a book written 2000 years ago. A religion that tells you to practice Abstinence of the things that give us pleasure and happiness. A religion that tells you not to question its' authority, for that is doubt and the doubtful are no Christian. A religion that is reinterpreted every time it's proven unethical. Christianity's base relies on inauthentic humans that have not, or never will, become Aware of reality and truth.

Quote (JohnMiller92 @ Oct 22 2017 05:37am)
i see, thanks

Quote (IceMage @ Oct 22 2017 10:44am)
Not well versed at all, I'm just talking to people who don't know much of anything about Christianity.

Quote (the_rest @ Oct 22 2017 12:16pm)
but but but I love him! Satan, I love you! who else could provide all those zombies for my shotgun ?!

Your god is dead, take the good parts of this outdated religion and stop believing in fairies and mystical powers of good/evil. You're given free will, but not allowed to practice in it the form of doubt and understanding? No wonder you just spit out whatever bullshit the clergymen tell you. You've never learned to have an original thought!

Oct 22 2017 11:11am
Quote (Magicman657 @ Oct 22 2017 11:34am)

People took the Pope seriously all around the world without a Bible in their house, and many did without a complete Bible in existence. The church created the Bible, the Bible didn't create the church. The church survived for quite a long time without the full text of the Bible. You don't seem to understand that the church in many societies didn't need to win people over with a copy of the Bible. They converted people with the message of Christ, and that message wasn't presented on paper.
Oct 22 2017 11:13am
Quote (TinyRick @ Oct 22 2017 11:59am)
Your god is dead, take the good parts of this outdated religion and stop believing in fairies and mystical powers of good/evil. You're given free will, but not allowed to practice in it the form of doubt and understanding? No wonder you just spit out whatever bullshit the clergymen tell you. You've never learned to have an original thought!

You haven't even been able to understand and respond to my simple arguments in this thread.
Oct 22 2017 12:30pm
Quote (IceMage @ Oct 22 2017 01:11pm)
People took the Pope seriously all around the world without a Bible in their house, and many did without a complete Bible in existence. The church created the Bible, the Bible didn't create the church. The church survived for quite a long time without the full text of the Bible. You don't seem to understand that the church in many societies didn't need to win people over with a copy of the Bible. They converted people with the message of Christ, and that message wasn't presented on paper.

Quote (TinyRick @ Oct 22 2017 12:52am)
Quote (IceMage @ Oct 21 2017 10:17pm)
That's not what Catholics believe. They believe the Bible is supplemental to the church... the church existed before much of the New Testament was even written.

The church was around for less than a generation before the Bible was written. it was written like 40-60 years after the death of Jesus Christ; is the estimate (referring to a few different google results). Christianity wouldn't have survived more than a hundred years if it weren't for the bible

it'd be greeeeeat if you'd stop talking out of your ass. You haven't made a single sound argument. You're blind and want to stay that way. Why should I try to teach rationality to an irrational person?

your arguments are literally nothing more than an opposing opinion of the facts and truth Magicman, and myself, have been saying. I could say the sky is up and you'd argue it's down. You'll just say the opposite of whatever we say and try to reinforce it with technicalities.

This post was edited by TinyRick on Oct 22 2017 12:32pm
Oct 22 2017 12:43pm
Quote (IceMage @ Oct 21 2017 01:13pm)
Ah, now we're getting somewhere. So any religious leader who uses the Bible to win over souls is a powerful person using the Bible to control the population. Now your claim is completely meaningless, because leaders in any religious(or ideological) belief system use their designated materials to convince people to join their side. Marxists, anarchists, Muslims, Buddhists, Christians, it's all basically the same process.

you proved how much bullshit you spew by post 154

All the other things you compared it to, aren't even in the same category: ie: Anarchists don't believe in any form of organized religion. Islam doesn't require a conversion, nor does Buddhism... or Marxism?

This was literally the only post where you "sort-of" agreed with the opposing side, and even then, you still tried to argue it with some bullshit statement that you came up with. It's just proof that even when cornered with truth, a christian will have "faith" that's he's right.
guess what tho? your faith is wasted belief. Start believing in yourself and maybe you'll have something more meaningful to say than "not-uhhh, god said something else"

This post was edited by TinyRick on Oct 22 2017 12:45pm
Gold: 578.20
Oct 22 2017 04:32pm
What's the biggest stumbling blocks for you TinyRick to deny the existence of God if I may ask?
I think there's many good reasons and arguments to make a strong case for the existence of God.

- The complexity of our universe, how would you present a case for atheism rather than an unimaginable intelligent being that was behind it all?
- Why is there a universe to begin with? How does it make sense that the Universe and everything came out of nothing? Including Mathematics and The Laws of Nature and what seems to be fine tuning of the universe.
- Why do we have what seems to be objective moral values? The sense of justice, love, goodness, empathy, emotions, appreciation of beauty in nature and music. Are you going to strip all of what we feel and sense into chemical reactions in our brains and evolutionary explanations in form of survival tactics and instincts? I would find it hard to live with thinking that deep down in the times of missing friends and family. You seem to like Nietzsche but you do know he ended up miserable and insane? Most people do to some extend, especially when you take God out of the picture, everything at it's core becomes utterly meaningless. The only way to live with Nihilism is holding on to something that will occupy the mind, pursuing something, getting a career or doing something ''great'' for humanity, while in the end it remains pointless if we truly are the remains of a string of accidents all the way back from the existence of the universe which is mind boggling in the first place, and it's stable and has been for billions of years without collapsing in on itself and expand fast enough to rip everything apart. In the Chaos there is order and it made life possible, which is just as extraordinary. We live on this beautiful planet with millions of life forms, made possible in such complex ways that it takes tremendous amounts of faith to believe it's all a coincidence.

So you want to reject the idea of God simply because it won't make you happy, that you can't be a homosexual and stick your penis in whatever you please because really think that will make you happy? Oh yeah, while it last, a couple minutes. And I suspect you would explain happiness with chemical explosions in the brain anyway, so what does it matter? And then you go on to personal attack everyone who is calmly trying to explain theological statements that you missed? Are you genuine trying to find real Truth in life? Because either way you seem to be extremely hate-fueled and want everyone to believe in your own little world.
My advice would be to look at reality from a bigger perspective, include philosophy, science, history and your own life experience and do it in an honest way and seek truth even though you might not like it where it goes at first glans.

Why do you even hate the ''idea'' of God in the first place? He offers you free salvations, and an eternal relationship with you and everybody else who also accept his gift. He loves you more than you can imagine, stop resisting.
Luke 23:34 ''Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing." '' And that is why he came to us and died for our sins.

So from philosophical questions about the universe and our existence which is poorly presented there's a great debate uncovering the details of Jesus, the resurrection, the Gospels and the historicity, you should defiantly look up much, much smarter people like William Lane Craig, Ravi Zacharias and John Lennox. They are very coherent and easy to understand, you might not agree in their personal faith, but if you are able to transcend from your own biased and ignorant world view in which we all suffer from you might get a few new perspectives and understandings which in turn will make you a more pleasant human being that won't fire gun shots at everyone who doesn't believe in Nothing as you want them to.

I'm not saying there's 100% evidence for the existence of God, which our corrupted mind seeks. But I'm saying there's a good case to be made in favor of God with arguments and reasoning. Like crazy religious, swarms of people are repeating the words ''If it can't be scientific proven it's not true. If it can't be scientific proven it's not true. If it can't be scientific proven it's not true.'' While at many occurrences it's an effective method it's lacking it's ability to tell anything at all that isn't the physical universe. And if you believe the physical universe is everything there is and ever will be, I hope you will get of there before it's too late.

Peace my man

This post was edited by LazyDazy on Oct 22 2017 04:36pm
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1181920212234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll