d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > What Do You Think Of Satanism
12334Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 847.98
Sep 11 2017 09:12am
I am a satanist. Have any of you read the Satanic Bible? Not here to piss people off or "convert" anyone. I'm curious as to if any christians have read the satanic bible and your thoughts on it.
Gold: 745.69
Sep 11 2017 09:17am
I don't believe in Christianity or Satanism. I think belief in either is silly. I understand that a lot of people are Satanists for ironic purposes, and that I have no issue with. If we're being objective in our assessment of the two, however, Satanism is a much, much better moral guide than Christianity.
Gold: 2,094.99
Sep 11 2017 09:18am
Quote (Magicman657 @ Sep 11 2017 10:17am)
I don't believe in Christianity or Satanism. I think belief in either is silly. I understand that a lot of people are Satanists for ironic purposes, and that I have no issue with. If we're being objective in our assessment of the two, however, Satanism is a much, much better moral guide than Christianity.

Not true in any capacity but thanks for playing
Sep 11 2017 09:26am
Quote (IgoSoHard @ Sep 11 2017 11:18am)

Lol, ok. Obligatory disclaimer that I'm not a religious scholar of any sort, but here we go. Christianity's highest ideal is to serve God and be good by submitting to his authoritative commands. Satanism's highest ideal is self improvement, that is, to become a better person by your own volition, so that you can have a more equal relationship with everyone, including Satan himself. I think the ideal of individualism and personal responsibility is a much better thing to strive towards than being a submissive sheep to someone else's definition of "good".
Gold: 2.66
Sep 11 2017 09:34am
Quote (Magicman657 @ Sep 11 2017 11:26am)
Lol, ok. Obligatory disclaimer that I'm not a religious scholar of any sort, but here we go. Christianity's highest ideal is to serve God and be good by submitting to his authoritative commands. Satanism's highest ideal is self improvement, that is, to become a better person by your own volition, so that you can have a more equal relationship with everyone, including Satan himself. I think the ideal of individualism and personal responsibility is a much better thing to strive towards than being a submissive sheep to someone else's definition of "good".

^ This. Satanism > Christianity
Gold: 7.77
Sep 11 2017 09:35am
Quote (IgoSoHard @ Sep 11 2017 07:18am)

I mean, the 11 Satanic Rules of the Earth of LaVeyan Satanism are pretty decent:

1. Do not give opinions or advice unless you are asked.
2. Do not tell your troubles to others unless you are sure they want to hear them.
3. When in another’s lair, show him respect or else do not go there.
4. If a guest in your lair annoys you, treat him cruelly and without mercy.
5. Do not make sexual advances unless you are given the mating signal.
6. Do not take that which does not belong to you unless it is a burden to the other person and he cries out to be relieved.
7.Acknowledge the power of magic if you have employed it successfully to obtain your desires. If you deny the power of magic after having called upon it with success, you will lose all you have obtained.
8. Do not complain about anything to which you need not subject yourself.
9. Do not harm little children.
10. Do not kill non-human animals unless you are attacked or for your food.
11. When walking in open territory, bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask him to stop. If he does not stop, destroy him.
Sep 11 2017 09:45am
Quote (Handcuffs @ Sep 11 2017 11:35am)
I mean, the 11 Satanic Rules of the Earth of LaVeyan Satanism are pretty decent:

2. Do not tell your troubles to others unless you are sure they want to hear them.
6. Do not take that which does not belong to you unless it is a burden to the other person and he cries out to be relieved.
7.Acknowledge the power of magic if you have employed it successfully to obtain your desires. If you deny the power of magic after having called upon it with success, you will lose all you have obtained.
11. When walking in open territory, bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask him to stop. If he does not stop, destroy him.

They're not perfect, but yeah, I like this set of rules much better than the 10 Commandments. Notice the major difference; about half of the Christian rules are about keeping people submissive to authority, whereas the Satanic rules have no such rules and instead focus almost exclusively on treating others fairly.

This post was edited by Magicman657 on Sep 11 2017 09:45am
Gold: 0.00
Sep 11 2017 09:54am
Quote (Magicman657 @ 11 Sep 2017 15:45)
They're not perfect, but yeah, I like this set of rules much better than the 10 Commandments. Notice the major difference; about half of the Christian rules are about keeping people submissive to authority, whereas the Satanic rules have no such rules and instead focus almost exclusively on treating others fairly.

Yea... I mean it's a bit drenched in machismo and 'alpha' bullshit but it's still far better than 'thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image'.
Gold: 152.00
Sep 11 2017 10:30am
Actual (theistic) Satanism is pretty interesting and has produced tons of awesome art.

LaVeyan faggotism on the other hand...

Quote (Handcuffs @ Sep 11 2017 11:35am)

Pretty shit.

This post was edited by Voyaging on Sep 11 2017 10:32am
Gold: 192.19
Sep 11 2017 10:34am
Do what thou wilt know what I'm sayin
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
12334Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll