d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Help W/ Hc Meph Runs As A Sorc(how Not To Die)
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 458.00
Sep 5 2017 09:08am
Hey guys I've just started doing some MF runs on meph and almost died on my 4th run after teleporting into a pack of fanaticism dolls. Since then I've chickened out and done solo andi runs which are cake. Any advice for where to do legit MF runs as a bliz sorc? I'm running a2 defense merc w/ insight.

Gear
3 piece tals no socket on armor
shako no socket
hoto
spirit mon
travs
magefist
2x nagels
torch
anni

Next season I'll bite the bullet and make a MF Hdin.
Sep 5 2017 03:01pm
Damn...dolls killed my ass! Little turds!
Gold: 1,769.66
Sep 6 2017 03:57am
Can't help you much with specific gear, as I play classic, but I'll throw you tips. I've never personally died MFing Meph. In random order,

1. Make sure you have a decent chunk of armour; I'd say 2000+. This vastly lowers the chance dolls will hit you. So make sure to put a point into a cold armour and remember to use it.
2. Start doing Meph runs at a higher level. Not necessarily for the damage, but to give your defence the punch it needs to lower enemies % chance to hit.
3. You want at least the 70% fcr breakpoint, and probably the 60% hit recovery breakpoint. you'll mostly be able to tele past the dolls instead of getting locked in hit recovery.
4. If you tele into manaburning dolls, just juv then save and exit and go again next run.
5. It's not necessarily a bad idea to have a couple items on switch (in your inventory); safe items to get there then MF items to kill Meph. Adds a little time, but you presumably won't die as often.
6. If you go block, make sure your shield has faster block rate.
7. Maybe get some DR? Stormshield wouldn't hurt.
6. Energy shield can be dangerous due to mana burn mobs.
7. Follow the wall that's to the left of the exit to the room with the waypoint in it. Usually makes teleporting a little faster.
8. Moat trick if you can.
9. Pool mana; that is, let your mana get to half then pool mana pots so you don't run out.
10. Don't stop teleporting, or delay in between casts, as that gives the enemies a chance to swing.

Anyway that's all I can think of for now.
Gold: 21.00
Sep 6 2017 10:46am
L2P is only advice I can give you. :)

edit: well also don't use fg if you want to l2p :)

This post was edited by Agguh on Sep 6 2017 10:47am
Gold: 618.00
Sep 6 2017 12:14pm
MoAt trick
Sep 6 2017 12:45pm
Quote (Agguh @ Sep 6 2017 12:46pm)
L2P is only advice I can give you. :)

edit: well also don't use fg if you want to l2p :)

Usefulness of your reply: "I need help hitting a curve ball" "learn to hit" "edit, learn to hit and don't use an expensive bat"

isn't making posts like this and asking questions a part of l2ping? Clearly since this is hardcore, I prefer to avoid learning the hard way since that would create a lot of downtime and be costly to replace the gear.
Sep 6 2017 12:49pm
Quote (CecilTheLion @ Sep 6 2017 05:57am)
Can't help you much with specific gear, as I play classic, but I'll throw you tips. I've never personally died MFing Meph. In random order,

1. Make sure you have a decent chunk of armour; I'd say 2000+. This vastly lowers the chance dolls will hit you. So make sure to put a point into a cold armour and remember to use it.
2. Start doing Meph runs at a higher level. Not necessarily for the damage, but to give your defence the punch it needs to lower enemies % chance to hit.
3. You want at least the 70% fcr breakpoint, and probably the 60% hit recovery breakpoint. you'll mostly be able to tele past the dolls instead of getting locked in hit recovery.
4. If you tele into manaburning dolls, just juv then save and exit and go again next run.
5. It's not necessarily a bad idea to have a couple items on switch (in your inventory); safe items to get there then MF items to kill Meph. Adds a little time, but you presumably won't die as often.
6. If you go block, make sure your shield has faster block rate.
7. Maybe get some DR? Stormshield wouldn't hurt.
6. Energy shield can be dangerous due to mana burn mobs.
7. Follow the wall that's to the left of the exit to the room with the waypoint in it. Usually makes teleporting a little faster.
8. Moat trick if you can.
9. Pool mana; that is, let your mana get to half then pool mana pots so you don't run out.
10. Don't stop teleporting, or delay in between casts, as that gives the enemies a chance to swing.

Anyway that's all I can think of for now.

Thank you for the info. I've considered switching spirit for SS to have better def and more dr. Sometimes I feel like if my fcr is too fast, tele seems to lag at times like I'm teleing in place every few ports.
Sep 6 2017 01:03pm
Quote (ImFatOk @ Sep 6 2017 02:14pm)
MoAt trick

Killing meph isn't the issue. It's not getting caught by dolls in a bad port on the 2nd floor. When I played SC 2000-2002, It was rare but dolls would catch/kill me every 30-50 runs. Since returning a few years ago and recently only about a week ago I've been a pure HC player and getting caught even that often would not be good. Porting fast sometimes causes me to skip a teleport by clicking between wall, porting into a corner, or what sometimes what seems like porting in place. That's usually what gives dolls time to swarm.

Gold: 21.00
Sep 6 2017 03:08pm
Quote (Jervin @ Sep 6 2017 08:45pm)
Usefulness of your reply: "I need help hitting a curve ball" "learn to hit" "edit, learn to hit and don't use an expensive bat"

isn't making posts like this and asking questions a part of l2ping? Clearly since this is hardcore, I prefer to avoid learning the hard way since that would create a lot of downtime and be costly to replace the gear.

Well I didn't want to be rude, just from the way you listed your gear it seemed to me that you are that type of player who buys all the best gear on jsp and still struggles with the game. Clearly your gear isn't the problem here :)
But that's a common issue with jsp players. That's why advise you to not trade with fg, maybe then you will start learning mechanics of the game, because all these op items just make your character look strong and prevents from learning :D

Also it seems that you are having some lag issues if your teleports are not going through, it's common on bnet and very annoying.

And here's teleport tip - if you hold alt key while teleporting, your character will not get caught by doors or chests etc and will keep teleporting non stop :)
Sep 6 2017 03:58pm
Quote (Agguh @ Sep 6 2017 05:08pm)
Well I didn't want to be rude, just from the way you listed your gear it seemed to me that you are that type of player who buys all the best gear on jsp and still struggles with the game. Clearly your gear isn't the problem here :)
But that's a common issue with jsp players. That's why advise you to not trade with fg, maybe then you will start learning mechanics of the game, because all these op items just make your character look strong and prevents from learning :D

Also it seems that you are having some lag issues if your teleports are not going through, it's common on bnet and very annoying.

And here's teleport tip - if you hold alt key while teleporting, your character will not get caught by doors or chests etc and will keep teleporting non stop :)

Yeah I'm from the days before jsp when there were 5-10 trade games up at any time and soj's were currency. Now it's hard not use jsp bc it's the only easy way to find what you need.

Go Back To Diablo 2 Discussion Topic List
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll