d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Player vs. Monster > Assassin Questions
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 25.00
Aug 23 2017 12:04pm
So I have a few dilemmas/questions on my assassin.

I have the following gear:
Bartuc's
Fleshrender
2 different Sup Scissors Suwayyahs with interesting skills (3 Phoenix Strike and 3 Dragon Flight) - one is already 3os, one would be with Larzuk.

I really want to make an interesting PvM build out of this char. I'd love to do Phoenix Strike, Whirlwind (with a Chaos), or a Kicksin, or some combination of the 3.

I've been reading and it seems like most agree that WW is not good PvM - would it work in combo with either of the other two? Or would I be able to make a Fury or two out of those claws, and make a Phoenix Strike Kicker?

I have access to any items I'd probably end up needing.

Help :bonk:
Gold: 0.00
Aug 23 2017 07:39pm
Quote (Envengion @ Aug 23 2017 10:04am)
So I have a few dilemmas/questions on my assassin.

I have the following gear:
Bartuc's
Fleshrender
2 different Sup Scissors Suwayyahs with interesting skills (3 Phoenix Strike and 3 Dragon Flight) - one is already 3os, one would be with Larzuk.

I really want to make an interesting PvM build out of this char. I'd love to do Phoenix Strike, Whirlwind (with a Chaos), or a Kicksin, or some combination of the 3.

I've been reading and it seems like most agree that WW is not good PvM - would it work in combo with either of the other two? Or would I be able to make a Fury or two out of those claws, and make a Phoenix Strike Kicker?

I have access to any items I'd probably end up needing.

Help :bonk:

I really wish Blizz had made Fury so that Sins could use Frenzy when 1.10 came out. There's a cool video on youtube of a guy that hacked one on SP and demonstrated a CS run with Frenzy sin.

If you're gonna go for a PS build, a couple things to remember are that only your mainhand claw will count for charge up, and usually you attack faster with one claw and a shield instead of two. You can check a speed calc to verify. Only real benefit to dual claw is more +skill and not having to spec dex for block if you go the claw block route.

If you wanna do something other than the typical Riftsin or Trapper, you could go with an Aggressin type of build. Tiger Strike damage bonus multiplies with Dragon Tail damage bonus, so you can supposedly get kick damage in the range of 60k with skillers and gear. I'd make mainhand weapon something with ITD or -def on it so you can hit charges quickly. Charge up skill on right click, release on left.
Gold: 25.00
Aug 24 2017 08:17am
Quote (Khboer @ Aug 23 2017 07:39pm)
I really wish Blizz had made Fury so that Sins could use Frenzy when 1.10 came out. There's a cool video on youtube of a guy that hacked one on SP and demonstrated a CS run with Frenzy sin.

If you're gonna go for a PS build, a couple things to remember are that only your mainhand claw will count for charge up, and usually you attack faster with one claw and a shield instead of two. You can check a speed calc to verify. Only real benefit to dual claw is more +skill and not having to spec dex for block if you go the claw block route.

If you wanna do something other than the typical Riftsin or Trapper, you could go with an Aggressin type of build. Tiger Strike damage bonus multiplies with Dragon Tail damage bonus, so you can supposedly get kick damage in the range of 60k with skillers and gear. I'd make mainhand weapon something with ITD or -def on it so you can hit charges quickly. Charge up skill on right click, release on left.

Thanks for all the tips :) Lots of good info!

I also like the idea of the Aggressin - I'll look into that.

Anyone else? :thumbsup:
Gold: 14.90
Aug 24 2017 09:42am
rift sin does pretty well, made one at the start of ladder.
can recommend it

rift runeword, and kicksin :>
Go Back To Player vs. Monster Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll