d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > Consoles > Sony > Ps Reveals Something New Is Coming
Prev123
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 445.00
Aug 23 2017 06:53am
Quote (Danno_omen @ Aug 23 2017 08:22am)
It is what I meant, and I by no means meant it will last longer then a few months. The lack of games is a huge issue for them. But for this holiday season at least I think they will have a sales advantage just cause of that minecraft console not even so much for the X. Every kid that walks into a Walmart,GameStop and Best Buy is gonna see that minecraft console and go nuts and kids that are into minecraft are generally not gonna give a crap about exclusives cause all they care about is minecraft. I by no means mean this is long lasting and gonna all of a sudden change the console race, but I'd think for a couple months it will give them a slight advantage. It's also not like PlayStation has anything big slated for the holidays other then GT. At least not that I can think of atm but maybe I'm missing something, I did just wake up lol

It is a fair assessment of Sony as well but history has shown that when Sony has nothing to show they do some pseudo price drop or something like that to drive sales.

You could be right but I don't think a Minecraft skinned S is going to be enough.
Gold: 9,181.50
Aug 23 2017 07:37am
Quote (ROM @ Aug 23 2017 07:53am)
It is a fair assessment of Sony as well but history has shown that when Sony has nothing to show they do some pseudo price drop or something like that to drive sales.

You could be right but I don't think a Minecraft skinned S is going to be enough.

I'll get a Pro with a price drop!
I mean, I'm getting one regardless
Maybe they'll be a Pro 2.0
Either way, my ps4 is showing it's age
Gold: 394.00
Aug 23 2017 08:52am
Quote (ROM @ Aug 23 2017 08:53am)

History has also shown that Xbox tends to do better just during the holiday months. Even last year i believe they had a 2-3 month stretch of being ahead. This year is a bit different because of a lack of games,but i just try to think as a consumer with kids. If i walk into a store with my kid whos just getting into gaming and i see a GT sport playstation,and i see a minecraft xbox,chances are your going home with the xbox. So between that and the X,which will sell decently but its a premium console on the losing side so its not gonna sell amazingly by any means,or at least i dont think anyway,but i still think those 2 factors make it enough. Now im not saying they are gonna kill the playstation by any means or actually keep the momentum. My guess is Xbox beats playstation in november and december on the NPD and maybe it draws out to January but thats about it.
Gold: 445.00
Aug 23 2017 09:22am
Quote (Danno_omen @ Aug 23 2017 10:52am)
History has also shown that Xbox tends to do better just during the holiday months. Even last year i believe they had a 2-3 month stretch of being ahead. This year is a bit different because of a lack of games,but i just try to think as a consumer with kids. If i walk into a store with my kid whos just getting into gaming and i see a GT sport playstation,and i see a minecraft xbox,chances are your going home with the xbox. So between that and the X,which will sell decently but its a premium console on the losing side so its not gonna sell amazingly by any means,or at least i dont think anyway,but i still think those 2 factors make it enough. Now im not saying they are gonna kill the playstation by any means or actually keep the momentum. My guess is Xbox beats playstation in november and december on the NPD and maybe it draws out to January but thats about it.

Someone should arrange a wager. :lol:
Donations to a pot, you pick a console, if you are on the winning team you split the pot.
Gold: 394.00
Aug 23 2017 11:21am
Quote (ROM @ Aug 23 2017 11:22am)
Someone should arrange a wager. :lol:
Donations to a pot, you pick a console, if you are on the winning team you split the pot.

It's not a terrible idea lol especially now that the switch is doing well otherwise everyone would bet PlayStation no matter what lol
Go Back To Sony Topic List
Prev123
Add Reply New Topic New Poll