d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > When We Bringing Down Mount Rushmore And > Jefferson/washington Monuments?
Prev123
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 4,383.11
Aug 21 2017 04:39am
Quote (fender @ 21 Aug 2017 07:42)
who was it again that wanted to "tear down all the historical monuments"? because i remember people talking about monuments of people who went to war with america (look up what secession means, kid) to protect slavery - and were mostly built in times of racial turmoil to provoke black people.

your history will be in museums and history books then, with proper context. this might surprise you, but that's where the vast majority of "your history" is and where most people learn it from...

the moronic claim, the false equivalency that those monuments are the same as a monument to "everyone who ever had slaves" is just a misdirection, a simplistic right wing talking point to defend their statues celebrating slavery proponents and traitors.

you of all people complain about simplistic arguments all the time, while delivering the most uninformed and simplistic american civil war explanation? :lol:
try to make an actual argument when you have at least the most basic understanding
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 20%
Aug 21 2017 08:13am
Quote (ampoo @ 21 Aug 2017 11:39)
you of all people complain about simplistic arguments all the time, while delivering the most uninformed and simplistic american civil war explanation? :lol:
try to make an actual argument when you have at least the most basic understanding

feel free to share your "understanding" of the parts of my post that you disagree with, if this is not just another butthurt rage reply. i'm really curious how "informed" people justify these hundreds of monuments, erected in times of racial tension, as a provocation towards the black minority.
because so far, the main counter "argument" seems to be: 'b-b-but washington and the romans also had slaves, do we destroy their monuments too? muh history!' some particularly "intelligent" supporters of "southern culture" even demanded to tear down every building constructed by aforementioned parties, as an equal reply to taking down confederate statues - some ppl, huh?.
but hey, as a well informed and intelligent bloke, you will surely agree that a lazy false equivalence fallacy doesn't make for a good point, right? so please, present some fresh and valid arguments for a change...
Gold: 285.00
Aug 21 2017 09:34am
Quote (IceMage @ Aug 20 2017 01:41pm)
Argues that we should tear down Lee statues cause he was a "traitor", argues we should put up another statue of a guy convicted of treason.

If we are going to put up statues of treasonist then they might as well be winners.
Gold: 1,895.00
Aug 21 2017 07:14pm
Imo it's a local issue to those living in areas where the statues are located. If the majority don't want the statues there then they should have the right to have them removed.
Gold: 8,933.00
Aug 21 2017 07:29pm
Quote (Skinned @ Aug 21 2017 10:34am)
If we are going to put up statues of treasonist then they might as well be winners.

John Brown didn't win.
Gold: 0.00
Aug 21 2017 07:33pm
I don't understand how destroying any monument to our history is a reasonable thing to do, even if you don't like it, it happened.
Gold: 4,383.11
Aug 22 2017 03:36am
Quote (fender @ 21 Aug 2017 16:13)
feel free to share your "understanding" of the parts of my post that you disagree with, if this is not just another butthurt rage reply. i'm really curious how "informed" people justify these hundreds of monuments, erected in times of racial tension, as a provocation towards the black minority.
because so far, the main counter "argument" seems to be: 'b-b-but washington and the romans also had slaves, do we destroy their monuments too? muh history!' some particularly "intelligent" supporters of "southern culture" even demanded to tear down every building constructed by aforementioned parties, as an equal reply to taking down confederate statues - some ppl, huh?.
but hey, as a well informed and intelligent bloke, you will surely agree that a lazy false equivalence fallacy doesn't make for a good point, right? so please, present some fresh and valid arguments for a change...

its not like you care about facts anyway and while we talk about laziness
you are not even able to invest 5 minutes into reading about the american civil war to understand that there was much more to the conflict than the valiant north vs bad guys in the south (
but dont let me stop you and your propaganda and ridiculous judgement of historical figures like robert e lee
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev123
Add Reply New Topic New Poll