d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > FPS & Battle Royale > Counter-Strike > New Trader > Help
Add Reply New Trade New Service New Price Check New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.75
Aug 19 2017 03:55pm
I'm new to this site so I'm still figuring things out. How does fg translate to USD. MAIN POINT: I see people on here selling keys (for example) for fg... and I know in csgo keys cost $2.49 ea... but then I see someone on here (for example) saying they are selling 20x keys for 240 ea which sounds like an outrageous price because when you go to purchase fg on this site it costs $10 to purchase 290 fg!!!!! SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN TO ME HOW THIS ISN'T A RIPOFF!!!!! (IM SERIOUS... I DON'T UNDERSTAND)
Gold: 12,044.66
Aug 19 2017 04:02pm
Welcome to JSP!

Every Game / Forum has a little bit different view on the value of Forum Gold (FG) vs $$$ in CSGO its is commonly known to be .85 or .90 : 1
So a $10 skin X .90 = 900 fg
I have never purchased FG from this site, SO you'd have to ask someone with a Star next to their name indicating that they have in fact used $$$ donated to this site to acquire FG.

I also heard that you make killer Signatures Pics... Huge San Diego Padre Fan if you can't tell.
Gold: 12,044.66
Aug 19 2017 04:08pm
If you were to buy keys from another site at a discount you could buy 5 keys there for 10 bucks and sell them here easily for 235 ea or 1175 fg
We use what called the 2/3 rule here.
Our time on the site gives us Street Cred if you will.
When performing a trade the person with LESS of the 3 listed here would normally go first in a trade;

# of Posts: 18,960
Date Joined: Mar 21 2010
Total Gold: 1,266.66

Yes it means we're nerds and spend to much time here, but it also means that we normally don't want to lose this account by ripping someone off.

Aug 19 2017 04:15pm
Thanks again Randz!
Gold: 320.69
Aug 19 2017 11:51pm
As one who has many stars, I'll add to this thread:

I've spent a decent amount on the site, and I can honestly say that it is absolutely the least efficient way of making FG (Forum Gold).

As Randz66 said, many go by the 2/3 rule, but many also don't, for a few reasons.

# of Posts can be heavily exaggerated by spamming GC (General Chat) threads where there's almost no moderation. On a day where I was very active on GC, I've managed over 100 posts in a day. Many of our resident GC members have over 50,000 posts. This is why some members think it's a bad metric for trading.
Join Date, in my opinion, is the best, but nothing is 100% safe. There are too many bad eggs who go for years without ever scamming, and then when they decide they're done with JSP, use all of that trust and a good join date to scam a bunch of people before getting locked :(
Total Gold is a terrible metric, because you can literally have as much as you want, depending on how much $$$ you're willing to spend, or if you spend lots of time in BnP (Bar and Pub Games. You can gamble there)

The best thing to use is common sense. If something sounds too good to be true, it probably is. If someone is in a big, big hurry to make a sale, be cautious. Never be afraid to back out of a sale if it seems shady :) Until the item is given or FG is sent, the sale is NOT final.
You will get some flame for being such a new member, but don't listen to the haters, some of the people I trust most on this site are newer members ^_^

Welcome to D2JSP! :thumbsup:
Aug 20 2017 12:06am
Quote (BMNation @ Aug 19 2017 10:51pm)
As one who has many stars, I'll add to this thread:

I've spent a decent amount on the site, and I can honestly say that it is absolutely the least efficient way of making FG (Forum Gold).

As Randz66 said, many go by the 2/3 rule, but many also don't, for a few reasons.

# of Posts can be heavily exaggerated by spamming GC (General Chat) threads where there's almost no moderation. On a day where I was very active on GC, I've managed over 100 posts in a day. Many of our resident GC members have over 50,000 posts. This is why some members think it's a bad metric for trading.
Join Date, in my opinion, is the best, but nothing is 100% safe. There are too many bad eggs who go for years without ever scamming, and then when they decide they're done with JSP, use all of that trust and a good join date to scam a bunch of people before getting locked :(
Total Gold is a terrible metric, because you can literally have as much as you want, depending on how much $$$ you're willing to spend, or if you spend lots of time in BnP (Bar and Pub Games. You can gamble there)

The best thing to use is common sense. If something sounds too good to be true, it probably is. If someone is in a big, big hurry to make a sale, be cautious. Never be afraid to back out of a sale if it seems shady :) Until the item is given or FG is sent, the sale is NOT final.
You will get some flame for being such a new member, but don't listen to the haters, some of the people I trust most on this site are newer members ^_^

Welcome to D2JSP! :thumbsup:

Thank you so much for all the help, BMNation!!! I really appreciate the 5fg and the help!!! Hope to keep in touch with you in the future!!! HERE IS MY STEAM: http://steamcommunity.com/id/rubiesish/
Go Back To Counter-Strike Topic List
Add Reply New Trade New Service New Price Check New Topic New Poll