d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Thousands Of Gods But Only Yours Is Real? > Why Do You Believe In Your God?
Prev123410Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1,532.01
Aug 18 2017 02:27am
People believe in God because it is a major part of their upbringing and culture, particularly in the U.S. which is the western country that immediately comes to mind when you think of an inability or unwillingness to leave children's stories behind.

Another question would be why would you want to believe in the abrahamic god on faith alone? It is abundantly clear that he is a callous and inept psychopath who condones and orders genocide, infanticide, racism, slavery etc...

This post was edited by GetOnYourKnees on Aug 18 2017 02:28am
Gold: 5,016.77
Aug 18 2017 06:39am
Romans 1:18-20
For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who by their unrighteousness suppress the truth. For what can be known about God is plain to them, because God has shown it to them. For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse.

This post was edited by IceMage on Aug 18 2017 06:40am
Gold: 0.00
Aug 18 2017 06:49am
Considering your position - go read "Thus Spoke Zarathustra" and you'll have your answer for god.
Gold: 260.11
Aug 18 2017 07:01am
Quote (IceMage @ Aug 18 2017 06:39am)
For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who by their unrighteousness suppress the truth. For what can be known about God is plain to them, because God has shown it to them. For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse.

Pretty shitty reasoning
Gold: 0.69
Warn: 50%
Aug 18 2017 07:19am
lol awesome they moved topic before some zealot saw my post
Gold: 5.27
Aug 18 2017 07:46am
Quote (ChivasRegal @ Aug 18 2017 12:46am)
you asked a question, and then got upset that the answer didn't fit your thinking...

No i just find it hard to believe people think like that lmao
Aug 18 2017 07:48am
Quote (kai_jph @ Aug 18 2017 12:34am)
I stand corrected if I'm wrong but He was the only one I found who did that.

Its also not just a idea I though of, but there are so many circumstances that didn't make scene

In one case, A good friend of mine was in a car accident in the front passenger seat. His girl friend (the driver) swerved to avoid a car in the wrong lane
Since the road was was wet the car aqua planed and crashed into a tree from the passenger door which got dented to he middle (later we could stand were he was sitting)
My friend came out of it with no broken bones and just a few bruises

The Doctor (I'm guessing was agnostic) even admitted "he's either made of rubber or he's such a good guy some out there loves him"

See thats what i was saying..
Christians like blame god for good or bad things.
I dont understand but like i said i dont think any of you are stupid. I just cant make sense of it.logically
Aug 18 2017 07:49am
Quote (GetOnYourKnees @ Aug 18 2017 01:27am)
People believe in God because it is a major part of their upbringing and culture, particularly in the U.S. which is the western country that immediately comes to mind when you think of an inability or unwillingness to leave children's stories behind.

Another question would be why would you want to believe in the abrahamic god on faith alone? It is abundantly clear that he is a callous and inept psychopath who condones and orders genocide, infanticide, racism, slavery etc...

Yes i agree completely and would like to see some one answer
Aug 18 2017 07:52am
Quote (IceMage @ Aug 18 2017 05:39am)

Anyone arrogant enough to reject the verdict of the judge or of the priest who represents the LORD your God must be put to death. Such evil must be purged from Israel. (Deuteronomy 17:12 NLT)

“If a man lies with a male as with a women, both of them shall be put to death for their abominable deed; they have forfeited their lives.” (Leviticus 20:13 NAB)

Whoever strikes his father or mother shall be put to death. (Exodus 21:15 NAB)
Aug 18 2017 07:53am
1) Suppose there are prophets among you, or those who have dreams about the future, and they promise you signs or miracles, and the predicted signs or miracles take place. If the prophets then say, ‘Come, let us worship the gods of foreign nations,’ do not listen to them. The LORD your God is testing you to see if you love him with all your heart and soul. Serve only the LORD your God and fear him alone. Obey his commands, listen to his voice, and cling to him. The false prophets or dreamers who try to lead you astray must be put to death, for they encourage rebellion against the LORD your God, who brought you out of slavery in the land of Egypt. Since they try to keep you from following the LORD your God, you must execute them to remove the evil from among you. (Deuteronomy 13:1-5 NLT)
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev123410Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll