d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Thousands Of Gods But Only Yours Is Real? > Why Do You Believe In Your God?
12310Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 5.27
Aug 17 2017 11:46pm
i never understood why people believe in gods.

can some one explain what makes them want to or just believe in god.

i dont hate people who believe in god but i sometimes just dont see how they can think logically.

im open minded and would love to here your side
Gold: 554.69
Aug 18 2017 12:08am
Very much in the same boat, quite curious. Was raised Christian but found no real evidence to support it when I got old enough to start thinking for myself. Thank God I grew up with parents who let me think for myself, so when I questioned things, they did their best to answer but let me draw my own conclusions, rather than doing some crazy indoctrination shit that I've honestly heard about sometimes. Not that all Christians are crazy, many are the kindest people I've ever met. But there are the bad ones :(

/Edit dang it, now I miss the church congregation I grew up with :(

This post was edited by BMNation on Aug 18 2017 12:28am
Gold: 6.69
Aug 18 2017 01:00am
For me of the all the 1000's of gods only one of them loved his followers and non-followers enough to take the rap for their wrong doing
Gold: 174.69
Aug 18 2017 01:11am
To put it simply, there is only one true God, Jesus Christ.

All others are just Satan in different forms with different names. If you use some logic, it is obvious that a "All loving, all caring God" would NOT tell his children to "Don't eat pork!" or "Don't eat cows!" or "Don't drink wine or alcohol!" ...pretty obvious this is Satan making these rules.
Aug 18 2017 01:13am
Quote (kai_jph @ Aug 18 2017 12:00am)
For me of the all the 1000's of gods only one of them loved his followers and non-followers enough to take the rap for their wrong doing

It depends on whether you subscribe to interface theory or not.

7 billion: One god for each person. Their concept of universe is their 'god', whether they agree on a particular name or not.

…Or 1: Everyone is filtering the universal through their own subjective experiences, but ultimately they are experiencing the same underlying god-ness.

Personally, I think it's 7 billion. The idea of a god is undoubtably a personal creation, whether you were introduced to the idea or it arose in your own mind. To the extent that any true nature of a god can be said to exist, it is within the mind of the holder, so 7 billion.

I cant say if only your god did that tho
Aug 18 2017 01:26am
Quote (BMNation @ Aug 17 2017 11:08pm)
Very much in the same boat, quite curious. Was raised Christian but found no real evidence to support it when I got old enough to start thinking for myself. Thank God I grew up with parents who let me think for myself, so when I questioned things, they did their best to answer but let me draw my own conclusions, rather than doing some crazy indoctrination shit that I've honestly heard about sometimes. Not that all Christians are crazy, many are the kindest people I've ever met. But there are the bad ones :(

/Edit dang it, now I miss the church congregation I grew up with :(

Thats great! I went to three types of "churches" growing up
My mom is athiest and wanted us to learn a bit of everything she could for us.

Arabic and english christian
arabic and south african mosques
Jewish and english temple

I enjoyed mosques the best.
Never askes for money
Always a full amazing dinner free
Men seperate for the women (the men would talk about problema they did not women to hear(
Men would come together and pay rent ect if need be.
There was no seperate room for kids. All kids learned and prayed as adults. I didnt speak arabic well , i have blue eye and fair skin. I was welcomes with open arms.

I hate temple the most.
People are rude if you dont speak hebrew
Kids seperate and schooled hard.
Adults speak down to you
No toys at all

Chriatian church i will never go to again but thats for my own reason i still hate temple more but might not if i spoke hebrew.

Kids seperate, many toys , puppets ect
Kids talked down to
Adults act insane
Adults judge others quick and try to one up other familys
I saw many people able to speak and get stuff off there minds
I saw many people come together in peace even tho i just heard them talking shit about that person.
The one thing that i really hated. Was

At mosque and temple if you did something good or bad you were to blame.

At church if you did something bad it was you or the devil. If something good happend it was god.

Even when i was a kid i saw right threw that crap.

You make choices and live with them good or bad.
Aug 18 2017 01:27am
Quote (ChivasRegal @ Aug 18 2017 12:11am)
To put it simply, there is only one true God, Jesus Christ.

All others are just Satan in different forms with different names. If you use some logic, it is obvious that a "All loving, all caring God" would NOT tell his children to "Don't eat pork!" or "Don't eat cows!" or "Don't drink wine or alcohol!" ...pretty obvious this is Satan making these rules.

I think this is a troll answer
Gold: 6.69
Aug 18 2017 01:34am
Quote (KamelRed408 @ Aug 18 2017 09:13am)
It depends on whether you subscribe to interface theory or not.

7 billion: One god for each person. Their concept of universe is their 'god', whether they agree on a particular name or not.

…Or 1: Everyone is filtering the universal through their own subjective experiences, but ultimately they are experiencing the same underlying god-ness.

Personally, I think it's 7 billion. The idea of a god is undoubtably a personal creation, whether you were introduced to the idea or it arose in your own mind. To the extent that any true nature of a god can be said to exist, it is within the mind of the holder, so 7 billion.

I cant say if only your god did that tho

I stand corrected if I'm wrong but He was the only one I found who did that.

Its also not just a idea I though of, but there are so many circumstances that didn't make scene

In one case, A good friend of mine was in a car accident in the front passenger seat. His girl friend (the driver) swerved to avoid a car in the wrong lane
Since the road was was wet the car aqua planed and crashed into a tree from the passenger door which got dented to he middle (later we could stand were he was sitting)
My friend came out of it with no broken bones and just a few bruises

The Doctor (I'm guessing was agnostic) even admitted "he's either made of rubber or he's such a good guy some out there loves him"
Gold: 174.69
Aug 18 2017 01:46am
Quote (KamelRed408 @ Aug 18 2017 04:57pm)
I think this is a troll answer

you asked a question, and then got upset that the answer didn't fit your thinking...
Gold: 0.69
Warn: 50%
Aug 18 2017 01:50am
I always went with the sexiest deity and thats why im a Christian

Give me 100 hail mary's :drool:
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
12310Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll