d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Steve Bannon Interview
Prev12346Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 260.11
Aug 18 2017 08:23am
Quote (AspenSniper @ Aug 18 2017 07:41am)
Lol it's just so hypocritical. The left whined for 8 years that Obama couldn't do anything because the right was so far right that they wouldn't pass any of Obama's agenda items. The left said, we're willing to compromise and be bipartisan, reach across the aisle, etc. Then now when Trump is in power, what do you do? The exact same thing the republicans did for 8 years. Showing absolutely no good faith, just proving the republicans correct in their actions.

I can't stand when people go "wahhhh congress can't agree on anything or get anything done!" then they go straight party lines on everything not willing to come to a bi-partisan agreement on shit. Congress is doing the exact same thing you're doing, being a little baby not willing to meet in the middle at all on anything.

What a waste.

Yeah more bullshit false equivilancy
Retired Moderator
Gold: 35,078.94
Trader: Trusted
Aug 18 2017 08:26am
Quote (djman72 @ Aug 18 2017 09:03am)
Most people in Congress/Senate are only interested in self preservation.

100% fact, I don't disagree with that.

Quote (Thor123422 @ Aug 18 2017 09:23am)
Yeah more bullshit false equivilancy

I don't understand what you mean by that. Do you mean it's unfair of me to say democrats whined when republicans went far right and didn't allow Obama to move and now democrats are doing the same thing by going far left and not letting Trump move? How am I wrong here? You literally just said that dems need to go farther left.
Gold: 18,534.02
Aug 18 2017 08:57am
Quote (AspenSniper @ Aug 18 2017 09:26am)
I don't understand what you mean by that. Do you mean it's unfair of me to say democrats whined when republicans went far right and didn't allow Obama to move and now democrats are doing the same thing by going far left and not letting Trump move? How am I wrong here? You literally just said that dems need to go farther left.

Thor is a troll. Leave him be.
Gold: 285.00
Aug 18 2017 09:00am
Quote (AspenSniper @ Aug 18 2017 09:26am)
100% fact, I don't disagree with that.

Dems are still centrist and the GOP has been working on sabotaging healthcare for working families form the benefit of the 1%.
Gold: 1,234.56
Aug 18 2017 09:01am
Quote (IceMage @ Aug 17 2017 03:57am)
Few excerpts from the interview, go read the full interview, it's interesting.

I've always sort of been baffled at the caricature of Bannon as some evil white supremacist. He ran Breitbart, a populist, provocative right-wing site, and of course the legitimate political sect that wants to lessen immigration will attract some unsavory characters. Any time Bannon gets interviewed, the main issue for him is economic nationalism.

As far as his comments on crushing the Democrats with economic nationalism, I think that would work if Trump was a disciplined president who got some things done. I think any message for Democrats in 2020 will be a winning one.

Thoughts, PaRD?

Any message except for their current outing -- "A better deal for... blah blah blah". They need to stop talking in bumper stickers only. ACA was sold on bumper stickers, look where that is.
Gold: 18,534.02
Aug 18 2017 09:05am
Quote (Skinned @ Aug 18 2017 10:00am)
Dems are still centrist and the GOP has been working on sabotaging healthcare for working families form the benefit of the 1%.

FUCKING ROFL :rofl:
Retired Moderator
Gold: 35,078.94
Trader: Trusted
Aug 18 2017 09:38am
Quote (Skinned @ Aug 18 2017 10:00am)

The problem is that they used to be centrist. That's what my whole "I hate my political party" thread is about. The reason I became a democrat is because I saw the republican party as a bunch of arrogant pricks who refused to understand any side but their own, pushing further right. The left I appreciated especially in Obama's tenure for trying to continuously reach across party lines. Obama's Jobs Bill that never got passed was one of the best pieces of legislation I ever saw written. It had tax incentives for business owners for hiring people to get them off unemployment and a plethora of other really great ideas that would benefit republican ideology. What did republicans do? They murdered it. Didn't even consider it. It was shameful.

The issue I have now is that dems aren't centrist. They're flocking to the far-left ideologies and just agreeing with any far left idea as long as it's anti-trump. People who want free college for all but don't take 10 seconds to think that maybe we should put restrictions on that such as making it tied to a GPA or tying it to making you go to an in-state or community college first, etc. They just want what they went and smirk and laugh at republicans who disagree. It's embarrassing for me to associate myself with a party like that. It leaves moderates who would absolutely vote democrat stuck in the middle, like me.

It really makes me sad that dems are not able to be bipartisan anymore. I thought they were the party that was above that.
Gold: 285.00
Aug 18 2017 10:00am
Quote (AspenSniper @ Aug 18 2017 10:38am)
The problem is that they used to be centrist. That's what my whole "I hate my political party" thread is about. The reason I became a democrat is because I saw the republican party as a bunch of arrogant pricks who refused to understand any side but their own, pushing further right. The left I appreciated especially in Obama's tenure for trying to continuously reach across party lines. Obama's Jobs Bill that never got passed was one of the best pieces of legislation I ever saw written. It had tax incentives for business owners for hiring people to get them off unemployment and a plethora of other really great ideas that would benefit republican ideology. What did republicans do? They murdered it. Didn't even consider it. It was shameful.

The issue I have now is that dems aren't centrist. They're flocking to the far-left ideologies and just agreeing with any far left idea as long as it's anti-trump. People who want free college for all but don't take 10 seconds to think that maybe we should put restrictions on that such as making it tied to a GPA or tying it to making you go to an in-state or community college first, etc. They just want what they went and smirk and laugh at republicans who disagree. It's embarrassing for me to associate myself with a party like that. It leaves moderates who would absolutely vote democrat stuck in the middle, like me.

It really makes me sad that dems are not able to be bipartisan anymore. I thought they were the party that was above that.

What pieces of legislation are they creating that looks left wing?

Because America still doesn't have a left leaning political party.
Gold: 0.00
Aug 18 2017 10:19am
Quote (djman72 @ Aug 18 2017 07:05am)
FUCKING ROFL :rofl:

They don't advocate for workers to own their own tools for production. Meaning, things should stay in the hands of corporations. That's inherently a right-wing policy.

The dems' most left-leaning person is still a capitalist. They'd rather loose an election to Donald "They Let You Do It" Trump than actually challenge the status quo.

Quote (AspenSniper @ Aug 18 2017 06:26am)

Quote (AspenSniper @ Aug 18 2017 07:38am)

Could you have any less of a spine? Dems compromising on everything gets us half-assed garbage like the ACA instead of actually more efficient single payer healthcare for all. We need higher education for everyone because automation and outsourcing means a bunch of jobs are never coming back. The drug war should have ended the day it started. It's only caused organized crime to hold its power and for millions to be thrown in prison for health problems. Police still have white supremacy leftover from the Civil Rights era widespread across the country in multiple departments. Absolutely no one was held accountable for the 2008 recession, despite the fact it was avoidable and destroyed people's lives.

Democrats "compromising" on this stuff hasn't done shit. It's only resulted in the GOP consolidating power so they can openly support a race to the bottom. Net neutrality is gone. Student loans are causing a throttle on population growth because millenials aren't buying homes and starting families. Wages have declined despite profits skyrocketing.

But yeah man. Let's "compromise" on being able to survive when working a full-time job and paying to work at a company who would pay you in coupons if they could. Surely peddling to corporations will someday cause that money to trickle down.

The longer the democrats continue to sit in the right and the longer the GOP moves farther right, the closer we come to this whole thing crashing down. Revolutions aren't fun. They're violent and bloody. But revolution is looking more and more like a soon to be reality as capitalism's contradictions stop being corrected.
Gold: 0.00
Aug 18 2017 10:58am
Quote (AspenSniper @ 18 Aug 2017 13:41)
Lol it's just so hypocritical. The left whined for 8 years that Obama couldn't do anything because the right was so far right that they wouldn't pass any of Obama's agenda items. The left said, we're willing to compromise and be bipartisan, reach across the aisle, etc. Then now when Trump is in power, what do you do? The exact same thing the republicans did for 8 years. Showing absolutely no good faith, just proving the republicans correct in their actions.

I can't stand when people go "wahhhh congress can't agree on anything or get anything done!" then they go straight party lines on everything not willing to come to a bi-partisan agreement on shit. Congress is doing the exact same thing you're doing, being a little baby not willing to meet in the middle at all on anything.

What a waste.

Except that republicans, if I understand correctly, own the house and Senate. It's not Democrats blocking Trump's proposals. It's republicans.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev12346Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll