d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Computers & IT > Tower Speaker Rear Port Near Wall Sound > 1 Near Wall Other Away From Wall
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 84.10
Aug 17 2017 01:30pm
Quote (vittujenkevat @ Aug 17 2017 01:16pm)
You will always have reflections from surfaces like walls, floor and furniture no matter of speaker design. Of course you could improve room acoustics with acoustic panels but that aint cheap and if you have limited space it might not be ideal either. Best thing you can do is to get the placement of speakers right and that is really important thing.

also use audyssey ypoa etc
If your have that feature

This post was edited by yupitsmeh on Aug 17 2017 01:36pm
Gold: 8,221.76
Aug 17 2017 03:49pm
Quote (vittujenkevat @ Aug 17 2017 02:16pm)
You will always have reflections from surfaces like walls, floor and furniture no matter of speaker design. Of course you could improve room acoustics with acoustic panels but that aint cheap and if you have limited space it might not be ideal either. Best thing you can do is to get the placement of speakers right and that is really important thing.

i dont consider myself a weak person, although i did stop lifting weights due to shoulder injury a couple years ago. but one forearm is still extremely sore lol. i was lifting both speakers into my car and then out of car, and then into apartment, and then into room, and over objects.

being a bit lazy but yea i will move them. partly the weight, but mostly the awkward size of the speaker to move it over things. and their rubber feet prevents them sliding easily, which is good, but bad in the case.

Quote (yupitsmeh @ Aug 17 2017 03:30pm)
also use audyssey ypoa etc
If your have that feature

i dont think i have either feature. i skimped on my receiver. got it on sale for $99 brand new at walmart. the Sony STR-DH550
Gold: 87.00
Aug 17 2017 10:01pm
Quote (noob_whacker @ 17 Aug 2017 23:49)
i dont consider myself a weak person, although i did stop lifting weights due to shoulder injury a couple years ago. but one forearm is still extremely sore lol. i was lifting both speakers into my car and then out of car, and then into apartment, and then into room, and over objects.

being a bit lazy but yea i will move them. partly the weight, but mostly the awkward size of the speaker to move it over things. and their rubber feet prevents them sliding easily, which is good, but bad in the case.

i dont think i have either feature. i skimped on my receiver. got it on sale for $99 brand new at walmart. the Sony STR-DH550

It has DCAC and you should run it if you haven't, also run it every time you change speakers positions or furniture as your room changes. It will try to fix problems in your room but it cannot fix everything so getting speaker and listening positions right should be first thing to do. I assume you have read the manual and done this already?
Go Back To Computers & IT Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll