d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Nietzsche
Prev1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 285.00
Aug 15 2017 02:37pm
Quote (Scaly @ Aug 15 2017 03:10pm)
Probably why most elements of Freudian psychology are pretty much universally considered a bunch of wank nowadays.

Except we still use his language and terminology today in psychiatry, psychoanalysis is still a powerful school of thought, and the subconscious still remains an object of study.

They say that it's been discredited in intro to psych but they don't act like it.

Gold: 260.11
Aug 15 2017 03:00pm
Quote (Skinned @ Aug 15 2017 02:37pm)
Except we still use his language and terminology today in psychiatry, psychoanalysis is still a powerful school of thought, and the subconscious still remains an object of study.

They say that it's been discredited in intro to psych but they don't act like it.

All the greats have some rights and some wrongs.

Freud had psychosexual development for instance. Newton had alchemy.

Freud happened to have a LOT of wrongs.
Aug 15 2017 03:33pm
Quote (BardOfXiix @ Aug 15 2017 02:05pm)
It's not that I'm confused by his style (it's a very upfront book), I just don't feel like it engages intellectually with the reader. Do his other books offer more rationalization or defense of the ideas presented within, or are they all in the aphoristic style?

He would say that if you need several pages to make an argument you are hiding something in the words and the truth is few words. He was an existentialist and they did philosophy differently. You aren't going to get a Kant-like argument. The things he says have layers.

I'll talk about it more when I get to the hotel.
Gold: 0.00
Aug 15 2017 05:33pm
There's a few things to remember about Nietzsche to help understand his work:

1) He really loved the classics (Greek) and studied them: he uses them a lot and makes veiled references to classical themes, plays, etc., frequently.

2) His works, though sometimes individualistic in style, are all related. Nietzsche worked on just about the same philosophical problems for his whole career, each book probing a little deeper or raising a bit more troubling questions. He would branch out and introduce new ideas or themes, often in an attempt to search for truth to the same problems that haunted his mind, but he would almost always address several of the same ones in each work.

3) If you're going to study a philosopher and/or his work, I'd recommend starting with a general survey, followed by a more in-depth analysis, followed by attempt to read one of the works.
Gold: 1,250.69
Aug 15 2017 08:32pm
Quote (DCSS @ Aug 15 2017 10:31am)
Na, all I get is rage from jon.Thats a lot of rage. Its funny how u think I give a fuck about d2. I quit its over with. The game is dead already give up. The only reason Im here to make make kids like u cry out and type rage essays for me. I guess my job is done.So all u kids can go on and play more d2 and use hax because u think ur good. I mean u all talk like fuckin 5 year olds, grow up already kid. And I could give 2 shits about ppl online. Wow a bunch of fags thinks Im #1 most pathetic online, like I give a shit? Grow up kid and then come talk to me.I was jk dave stfu nerd. Y rage @ me. Laz is my nigga idk wtf ur raged about.Amor hes a .11 spawn leave him. Ps fuckin msg me on d2. *Zuljian.Kid u blow stfu nerd. He s/e'd 20 times and nothing poofed then they "poofed" after u traded. Stfu kid u blow.Yet the letters are all fucked up right? Gtfo kid ur photoshop blows like ur dueling skills.So your saying masturbation means ur having sex with someone of the same sex? Your a fuckin retard stfu. I think I just wasted 10 seconding reading this rage essay.So Im guessing u were left on the street by ur parents when u were 1 because they didnt like having a mexican in the family. Cuz having parents are a kid is a good thing random?Thats 2 more gfs then u have ever had.Holy fuckin rage essay. Lets see. Im a joke becasue you blow? 2nd u r mexican, I have proof. 2nd I wouldnt have a chance on the streets? I wouldnt be on the streets like ur poor ass. I actually have a life and a job so idk wtf ur talking about kid. I wont be poor like u gtfo mexican. Besides that I live in NYC so gtfo. I like how u raged about me getting killed, and y would I cry over a game? You seem to be the one getting raged and raped by jsp.And Beg owns u kid gtfo.Apparently 1 person hates me, while the rest of the site hates u. I wouldn't talk random.Go back to Amor's thread random. You said I was gonna get gang raped and thrown away by my neighbors because of the dead body. And u couldn't even own a 2 yr old kid, that is how fuckin bad u r.Actually I type fine, maybe because you cannot read english and you are used to your native language of mexican. That is why u cannot understand me. Your prolly the fuckin ugly chick in ur sig.Thats the worst verballing ive ever seen ROFL. Thats pretty much wat he said to me a few posts back. Kid u blow u cannot win vs The Beg and The Zul tag team verballing.Cry because I wear your shit clan tag.Im not in the mood to verball the shit out of u snp random. I always do why dont u just give up with ur shit sorc.Hes making up shit liek he has more money then us when he lives in a cardboard box. If kid has a family y is he trolling jsp and playing d2 in the first place? What are u 40 kid gtfo.You think u have won, yet u r owned. I highly doubt ur mexican box house living ass has more money then me. I get more money in a day then u have or anyone in ur family has even had in ur life. Ur mad raged wtf u mean we cannot handle it? Your bad kid just leave jsp being verballed by me and Beg.So you work @ burger king, your car is really a bike, your house is a cardboard box, your family is a bunch a rats, 3 cats who live outside your box, u have swedish fish that have been outside for 3 years, and a bird who lives on the tree above your box. And money? Lol Burger king doesnt pay good. I have no life yet ur the one raging? I own a lot more then a d2 disc kid rofl. I have my own comp, sry I can afford shit kid. I got nothing? I got more then u?You call use nerds yet u say u have a family with kids. So your saying ur 40, yet ur calling us nerds? Lol kid is so bad. So its illegal to come home from school and go on the come and verball some randoms right? So its ok for you to get out of bed without showing and come right onto jsp to get verballed. Im guessing that is ok.He Verballed u kid ROFL LOLOL. U got me scared because I raped u? Lol kid you are so fuckin dumb. I just told u wat the post was and ur still raging about it. Ps nice random zon in ur shitty sig. How much u pay for it? O wait your locked, besides u had no fg to begin with.You say u rape everyone with ur shit sorc, but yet u blow really bad.He lost brain cells from swallowing too much cum.Thats u buddy, jsp already knows u r owned. Kid just get out of here already. This shit is so fuckin funny. I am rofling so hard @ this kid trying to verbal me with the weakest shit ever. His brain cells have all died cuz of rage.Verballed again. I thought u were going afk seeing as ur the "only human" to stop going on jsp. Kid ur so stupid y post the most stupid shit I have ever, and jsp has ever heard. Just go afk and get out of here.So your saying u got raged so ur using ur post to try and gain epride? Kid your a joke u cannot handle The Zul. Every time u post ur epride goes down each time. You have been verballed stop posting kid. Your posts arent making sense anymore and ur raging like never b4. Dont get an anurism kid.So you are gay.LOL HE LOST VERBALLED!!! Guess he finally gave up. I mean once u get verballed by The Beg and The Zul, you can never recover.Actually that was you. I know you want to be me so much, but plz keep your gay sex life to urself and dont try to be me. Actually dont try to be me @ all. I dont like mexicans trying to be like me.We are talking about u and snp rand. U die with max sorb on, rofl u blow so bad. Im no one on bnet? Thats why your a fuckin random on jsp, and on bnet wtf u talking about. Im known kid. Check the sig.2nd time you have said this, and Ill say it again, Amor was talking to you seeing as I am good buddy's with him. Kid u got owned by 5 ppl already just stop kid. All you say is I have nothing, yet that is all you say, and when someone verbals you, you try to put it on me. Failed again.Failed @ bad quote with bad bolding. Fuckin dumb Austrailians. Why dont u go fuck some kangaroos to get rid of some of that rage. Or get fucked in the ass by ur mom some more.My friend is canadian u fuckin gook. Y dont u fuck some more kangaroo's. My friend is 100000000000000000000000x smarter then ur rand ass. Lol and how am I raging? Your making up shit to try and verbal me, but u fail each and every time. Im talking to my friends on vent and they are rofling @ u.LOL WTF R U SAYING KID UR SO DUMB LOLOLOLOLOL. I stroke my cock while Im fucking your mom in the pussy.I live in NY yet im canadian? Lol kids raging so bad because I raged and verballed him so hard in the last 2 topics. I guess 3 is the charm to make u crack.Lol wtf u talking about kid. U said he verballed me, now you say Im crying @ wat he said, kid stop posting your verballed. Its like 1000-0, already kid, you havent verballed me once.Um and? It was posted in the last thread. Like I said for the 5th fuckin time Amor is my friend he doesnt post that on me. How would I be owned when he said that to you?m not staring @ shit u fuckin random. If u could read u would see that I want the bitch to stop posting gay emo boys.Even though I am not a hacking spawn I know how they die. No skills and they blow.Lol Mines shit, yet urs is a pos paint sig. Worst thing I have ever seen, especially the shit zon in the sig. North Korea wont do shit to us. You can keep sucking his dick though. He likes Australians sucking his dick.Stfu u fuckin nerd u blow. U talk so much shit for getting 1 lucky kill? Just gtfo out of here kid no one likes u.Stfu u fuckin randass, you said the same shit 3 days ago, and your still bad stfu nerd.Because u dropped out when in first grade to play d2.LOL Y DO NERDS THINK THEY ARESOMETHING IF THEY POST WEED MONEY OR GUNS LOL THEY STILL BLOW @ D2.Ok? You seem to be the only one raging kiddo. They can see how verbally raped u got. Then like 1 or 2 friends u have will laugh at you and then leave u.Tear up because u said Milt should sell crack? Rofl ur more dumb then I thought. Im guessing all the rage coming from u has killed some brain cells. Its ok though, they dont come back.U blow wtf r u talking about? Your sounding like all the randoms that me and the beg verbal all the time.Attempt @ funny joke.....FAILED, GTFO RANDOM.U blow and Milton isnt white u fuckin nerd. Hes black. Idk how a black person is a wigger. Im guessing your native country of Mexico doesnt know the difference between wiggers/niggers.Obviously Milt, he blows. Randoms posting 1 kill thinking they are good LOLOL. Afk gotta togo sleep and school tomorrow I hope not though cuz its snowing.when u learn something about jsp, u will realize we dont care about your plastic guns, and fake money. Ut tried it with fake weed, and got verballed till they all quit.Lol this kids so fuckin dumb. Raging over his "Guns" Y would I learn about plastic hand guns for little kids from u? I could goto a store and buy 1. I guess the pvmer wants to duel us. Milt we Vent tomorrow.Lol. I live in NY he wouldnt stand a chance here. He would shit his pants.RAPED, HES BAD.

uhhhhhh.... hmmmmmm...
why did you post this here? I mean couldn't you just pm the guy you are talking about?
Gold: 4.77
Aug 15 2017 08:44pm
Quote (caswallen @ 15 Aug 2017 21:32)
uhhhhhh.... hmmmmmm...
why did you post this here? I mean couldn't you just pm the guy you are talking about?

:bonk:
Gold: 1,250.69
Aug 15 2017 11:09pm
Quote (MaliceMizer @ Aug 15 2017 08:44pm)
:bonk:

is there something else going on here?
cuz I see people talking about a book, then he starts raging about someone who pk'd him on D2?

wtf am I missing here?
Gold: 152.00
Aug 16 2017 04:47am
Are all of his books so pretentious and utterly lacking in any defense or rational?

Yes.

Dude's a straight retard.

Quote (Skinned @ Aug 15 2017 04:37pm)

We still call the planets the names of Roman gods but that doesn't mean Roman mythology is valid.

This post was edited by Voyaging on Aug 16 2017 04:53am
Gold: 2,617.52
Aug 16 2017 04:58am
Quote (Skinned @ Aug 15 2017 04:37pm)

Freud copied everything he knew from Hindu understanding of the psyche.
Aug 16 2017 08:15am
Quote (Voyaging @ Aug 16 2017 05:47am)
Yes.

Dude's a straight retard.

We still call the planets the names of Roman gods but that doesn't mean Roman mythology is valid.

Except postmodernism happened. Derrida happened, Freud happened, Sartre happened, Foucault happened, Deleuze happened, Camus happened, Barthes happened, Levi-strauss happened, Wittgeinstein happened......etc etc....even Rothko, Pollack, and Worhol were part of this in the arts.

All were Nietzschean philosophers. They worked on problems he started on, in the paradigm he created. They continued his vast works.

His work transitioned knowledge from the Essentialism paradigm into the Existiential paradigm, away from natural law and helped humans have knowledge not based on mythology for once. He was talking about things like relativity and evolution because they were anything but hypothesis. He was a very gifted human being in ways, but he suffered for his art.

As far as influence he is only second to Kant.

This post was edited by Skinned on Aug 16 2017 08:16am
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll