d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Charlottesville Chaos
Prev11718192021Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 285.00
Aug 18 2017 04:47am
Quote (nineinchnailz @ Aug 18 2017 05:17am)
Haven't posted in a while, just wanted to say this. Back when the Antifa were shutting down speeches at colleges not long ago, I mentioned that when you shut down speech all that's left is violence. This is the inevitable outcome, and it's not over.

Start applying that everywhere else and maybe you will get somewhere. Right now you are applying this in egocentric fashion. For example anybody who says this can't condemn #BLM.

This post was edited by Skinned on Aug 18 2017 04:47am
Gold: 18,470.03
Aug 18 2017 06:27am
Quote (Skinned @ Aug 18 2017 05:47am)
Start applying that everywhere else and maybe you will get somewhere. Right now you are applying this in egocentric fashion. For example anybody who says this can't condemn #BLM.

Short of blocking a highway I've never condemned any kind of protest.
Gold: 0.69
Warn: 50%
Aug 18 2017 06:28am
Quote (Skinned @ Aug 18 2017 07:17am)

BLM forces their way onto private property to scream kill cops

Not even close
Retired Moderator
Gold: 35,078.94
Trader: Trusted
Aug 18 2017 06:35am
Quote (Warlock316 @ Aug 17 2017 06:33pm)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4S2TZOdXAtQ

I could cry tears of joy listening to the accuracy in this video. She clearly isn't a Trump supporter, but instead she's just an equal opportunity hater calling what it is without listening to the biases of media networks.

I've been to tons of protests in DC and Baltimore to see it first hand, mostly after college. Almost all are pretty peaceful. Sometimes someone gets angered and yells at the protester, the protester yells back, they cuss at each other and then they walk away. I've seen punches thrown once and it wasn't that exciting. Just your typical scuffle and no one really got hurt, some f bombs dropped and again, they walked away. What I did learn is that the majority of protesters on any side are pretty irrational. If you're hyped up enough to go out and protest in person, the likelihood of having a real conversation and changing their mind on any 1 of the 10,000 things they believe is basically zero. Thus, I agree with the lady in this video calling each side babies and saying they didn't go there to hug it out with one another. They're just nutto losers with nothing better to do than to go protest and toss up rhetoric and pics on social media. Her accuracy of the media is dead on too. There really aren't that many neo-nazi's or KKK members in the USA and there aren't all the "secret" ones who aren't afraid to say their feelings publicly. There are plenty of racists, but that just isn't the same thing. No shock either, there really aren't that many truly nuts "alt-left" members either. The majority of BLM protestors and Antifa protestors are just in their city, hear a protest is about to go down, and then say yeah sure i'll show up. There are extremists within the groups, but it just isn't that many like the media makes it seem. They find a few crazy person pictures and continuously loop them so we go "WOW look at the anger in their face!" They've done this for decades with black suspects posting up angry pics when they're facing criminal charges. Now you get the opposite and you see the "gentle giant" type of pics when it's a black person who gets shot or killed by a cop. It's 100% media driven absolute shit. People can be keyboard warriors if they want, I certainly am here. However, at least go out and see it in person. Go see it and go ask genuine questions. I have at least 20 times in the past 5 years or so. I almost never get any legitimate answers. Being a finance nut, I went to probably 8 or 9 occupy wall street protests and sometimes purposely acted like I was a hardcore supporter. Then I'd ask questions like, "man this is crazy but how do we fix it?" Even then, the answers were the typical "blame the corporations! Make them pay taxes" absolute shit answers. People just like to protest because it's exciting and fun from what I've learned. Not because they care to learn both sides are learn facts and truth.
Gold: 83.30
Aug 19 2017 09:00am
Gold: 0.00
Aug 19 2017 10:05pm
Quote (nineinchnailz @ Aug 18 2017 02:17am)
Haven't posted in a while, just wanted to say this. Back when the Antifa were shutting down speeches at colleges not long ago, I mentioned that when you shut down speech all that's left is violence. This is the inevitable outcome, and it's not over.

...and what do you think happens when the KKK or neo Nazis will do once they get enough power? You think the 1st. Amendment (or any of them, really) will still exist?

Quote (IgoSoHard @ Aug 17 2017 05:52am)
Chants of "white lives matter" are labeled neo nazis.

Chants of "what do we want ? DEAD COPS!! When do we want it ? NOW!!" is fine though

Maybe if you took 2 seconds to think, you'd figure this out. The white supremacists were also chanting "blood and soil" (a Nazi slogan calling for an ethnically pure fatherland), "hail victory" (the English translation of "Sig Heil"), "Jews will not replace us," and "fuck you, faggots!" among other things.

These are calls for genocide. By chanting "kill all cops/whites," others are throwing these chants back into the faces of white supremacists, so-called "moderates," and the police who turn a blind eye or are white supremacists themselves. In other words, it's just a joke, get it? Don't be so sensitive about people calling for the creation of death squads to go kill crackers and rape their daughters.

This thread has been awfully telling where some people's loyalty actually lies. The white supremacists at Charlottesville is not a left vs. right issue. It's an Americans vs. traitors issue.
Gold: 57.00
Aug 20 2017 08:44pm
Gold: 1,002.00
Warn: 10%
Aug 23 2017 09:37am
United Nations warns US over 'alarming' racism:
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/aug/23/charlottesville-un-committee-warns-us-over-rise-of-racism

“We are alarmed by the racist demonstrations, with overtly racist slogans, chants and salutes by white nationalists, neo-Nazis, and the Ku Klux Klan, promoting white supremacy and inciting racial discrimination and hatred,” said Anastasia Crickley, chair of the committee."
"Trump used Tuesday’s event to portray himself as the victim of events in Charlottesville, branding journalists who “do not like our country” as the true source of division in America. He also accused the “crooked media” of “trying to take away our history and our heritage” and read out previous statements that he said condemned hatred, bigotry and violence."

Dunno about you guys, but imo if condemning is all you do, how will you reduce hatred, bigotry and violence?
Gold: 57.00
Aug 23 2017 09:41am
Quote (Knaapie @ 23 Aug 2017 11:37)
United Nations warns US over 'alarming' racism:
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/aug/23/charlottesville-un-committee-warns-us-over-rise-of-racism

Dunno about you guys, but imo if condemning is all you do, how will you reduce hatred, bigotry and violence?

not giving the pathetic little hate groups wall-to-wall coverage in the media would be a fantastic start
Gold: 5,016.77
Aug 23 2017 09:49am
Quote (excellence @ Aug 20 2017 09:44pm)

Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev11718192021Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll