d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Computers & IT > Samsung S7 Issue > Sd Card Encryption
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 21,406.00
Aug 12 2017 01:52am
So I encrypted my sd card on my s7, then one day the pictures etc. were not accessible. So now my phone says "the card was encrypted on another device". I can't decrypt it, and also can't access the pictures.it is very frustrating.

Does anyone have any recommendations on how to access my files, or get the fucking phone to decrypt the card?
Jr Admin
Gold: 247,806.00
Trader: Trusted
Aug 12 2017 04:59am
Found an instance of a user reporting the exact same issue on his S7, which he fixed by doing the following:
    1) Navigate to Settings -> Lock screen and security -> Screen lock type -> Enter your current pattern -> None -> Keep fingerprints -> You will then be asked to set up a password.

2) Physically remove the SD card from the phone -> Reboot the phone.

3) When the phone has rebooted and is ON put your SD card back in. You will have window prompts for your SIM card pin and mobile data usage, and after that you should be on the encrypt SD card page. Click Encrypt. As your card is already encrypted it will be fast.
    After that the SD card should be usable again.

Source: https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Other-Mobile-Devices/Galaxy-s7-decrypt-sd-card/td-p/3918/page/2
Gold: 21,406.00
Aug 23 2017 10:28pm
Quote (Arkhen @ Aug 12 2017 03:59am)
Found an instance of a user reporting the exact same issue on his S7, which he fixed by doing the following:
    1) Navigate to Settings -> Lock screen and security -> Screen lock type -> Enter your current pattern -> None -> Keep fingerprints -> You will then be asked to set up a password.

2) Physically remove the SD card from the phone -> Reboot the phone.

3) When the phone has rebooted and is ON put your SD card back in. You will have window prompts for your SIM card pin and mobile data usage, and after that you should be on the encrypt SD card page. Click Encrypt. As your card is already encrypted it will be fast.
    After that the SD card should be usable again.

Source: https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Other-Mobile-Devices/Galaxy-s7-decrypt-sd-card/td-p/3918/page/2

Thanks for the response.I attempted to perform this, however, there is no encreypt option. It simply states, "Card cannot be decrypted, as it was encypted on another device".
Go Back To Computers & IT Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll