d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Motor Sports & Cars > Want A New Chevy Camaro V6: Dealership Tips?
Prev16789Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 125.00
Aug 19 2017 05:05pm
Drove around today. Got some head turns, not too many. Guy asked me for money the second I got in my car after going out for lunch, guess I looked like I have money left over after getting the car ahahahaha.

Really fun to drive. Noticing all the little things that I didn't know I'd like, and all the little things I didn't know I wouldn't like. Overall meets my expectations. Will post a bit of a review after I get more time with the car.

5.1 second 0-60 is plenty fast. If I win the lotto maybe I'll go for a 3.2 or so Lamborghini.

This post was edited by Canadian_Man on Aug 19 2017 05:06pm
Gold: 3,385.09
Aug 19 2017 10:41pm
Quote (ArtofApocalypse @ Aug 19 2017 06:09am)
How the hell does someone scrape a side of a parked car on a street that big and it being your first day..

Canada.....

But nice color, I like the looks of it. Sucks to hear that someone bitched it allready :(
Aug 19 2017 11:44pm
Quote (Toews777 @ Aug 19 2017 09:41pm)
Canada.....

But nice color, I like the looks of it. Sucks to hear that someone bitched it allready :(

It'll get totally fixed. Costing me 1,300 to do. A cheaper job might be 500. I opted for a perfect job. :/... not happy about that. Involves taking the door off and popping the dint out from inside. They'll also be buffing out other stuff on the vehicle to make it look like it didn't sit on the lot for 300 days (just a couple tiny things). Then I'll get a nice wax job done.

Really do love the blue. Glad I got it over black.

This post was edited by Canadian_Man on Aug 19 2017 11:47pm
Aug 20 2017 01:35am
Fucking car dealer. Filled with nitro. Realized psi is 15 over max on one tire, 15 under max on another. Dumb fucking car dealers.

Just going to top up with regular air on the one (which is 70% nitrogen anyway), and release pressure on the other.

This post was edited by Canadian_Man on Aug 20 2017 01:38am
Gold: 3.75
Aug 20 2017 07:02am
Quote (Canadian_Man @ Aug 20 2017 02:35am)
Fucking car dealer. Filled with nitro. Realized psi is 15 over max on one tire, 15 under max on another. Dumb fucking car dealers.

Just going to top up with regular air on the one (which is 70% nitrogen anyway), and release pressure on the other.

i wouldnt fill them with nitrogen its expensive and over rated. i would just use air from here on out instead of paying for the nitrogen.
Gold: 3.20
Aug 20 2017 12:19pm
Quote (night_throne @ Aug 20 2017 05:02am)
i wouldnt fill them with nitrogen its expensive and over rated. i would just use air from here on out instead of paying for the nitrogen.

I dunno. I got michelin ltx m/s2's on my f150 nitro inflated havent even had to check pressure in over 3 years
Aug 20 2017 02:51pm
Quote (night_throne @ Aug 20 2017 06:02am)

It wasn't my choice. Dealer gouged last few pennies in the deal. It was awkward hearing "oh we put nitro in the tires that's extra". I could've argued but I was tired of the shit and it wasn't much. I do have to look for a new plate frame so I don't advertise for them.

I let out some in the overfilled tire: it's bang on now. The underfilled will get regular air which is 70% nitrogen anyways, and that's only to fill 10psi more.

This post was edited by Canadian_Man on Aug 20 2017 02:51pm
Aug 20 2017 07:15pm
Biggest 5 things I like about the car:

1. This is multiple things in one: It sounds great, it looks great, it performs well. The whole package is sweet. It turns heads. It's just a pleasure to look at inside and out, to hear, to feel.

2. You feel enveloped in the seat, like you're part of the car. You really feel like it's an experience.

3. The features (wireless engine start, wireless window roll down, backup camera, AC that works instantly, etc) are awesome.

4. Did I mention the car looks jaw dropping? The wheels & front lights are mesmerising. But a big plus is the sunroof, which sits just above your head, making it feel halfway to being a convertible.

5. The acceleration and speed on this thing is impressive, and with regular gas too. I haven't floored it, or gone past 5500 RPM's yet, as I'm breaking it in, but it's an excellent daily driver... so fun.

Biggest 5 things I dislike about the car (much easier to be verbose about things that could be improved; the positives are shorter to say, because it's an awesome car that speaks for itself):

1. Space: The backseats could've had 3-4" more headroom, and 3-4" more legroom. Some changes to the seat structure (less padding in the backseats / etc) could've made for just a bit more room, without any changes in aesthetics. With 4" more headroom, and 2" more legroom, the car would be fully functional as a 4-seater. I imagine it could even be a 5-seater with some tweaks, without affecting aesthetics. It would be a very hot seller if they managed that.

2. Responsiveness: The responsiveness of the pedal (not the engine) is a bit odd. The first 1/3 to 1/2 of the pedal is more forgiving, controls less of the throttle than the last 1/2 to 2/3 of the pedal. I preferred the '06 Acura TL pedal, which was responsive evenly throughout pressing the pedal... more fun that way. But it just means I need to know that the first bit of the pedal on the Camaro is more forgiving, almost "mushier", designed to compensate for someone who has poor footwork. This doesn't change functionality, it just changes the way the car receives input, and to me it's a bit of a negative since superficially it makes responsiveness feel less than it actually is.

3. Wheel/view: The steering wheel isn't leather wrapped, or if it is, it doesn't feel like it. It feels like a light leatherette. Could be more substantial. Still feels 90% as good as a premium one, but they missed the mark slightly. The rear view mirrors are the same way, they feel light and cheap when you touch them (and don't fold in), but they look premium when you look at them. Also the steering wheel controls could be improved slightly (ex. oddly there's a phone hangup button, but no phone button), but overall are really wonderful.

4. Electronics: Some of the wireless controls & built-in features are a bit finicky, still figuring some of it out. I've had the centre console not turn off on me a couple times, and then I couldn't set the alarm on the car. Had to walk back to the car once I was 1/4 of the way out of a parking lot walking, because I realised. Probably will just take time to get used to that. Also no front parking camera, the front is so low that any concrete divider would damage the car if I bumped it. And for whatever reason the sunroof can't auto close when you press the button the full way down, you have to hold it, while opening it can be done automatically by pressing the button once & not holding. Would've loved to see standard built-in park-assist beeping for getting too close to stuff.

5. Engine: It sounds great, but at certain RPM's it can sound a bit like it's working harder than it actually is. Would've liked to hear a bit more smoothness at certain stages of the engine, but overall sounds beautiful.

This post was edited by Canadian_Man on Aug 20 2017 07:16pm
Gold: 484.02
Aug 21 2017 06:27am
The pedal responsiveness is tuned that way on purpose to help you get better fuel mileage. Amy 2014 Silverado is the same. It's not a simple linear relationship between the pedal and throttle body. The computer uses an algorithm to open the blade and acceleration rate is one of the variables. Slowly roll into the throttle to about 1/3 then come to a stop and quickly open the throttle 1/3. When you hit it fast the throttle blade opens farther than it does when you roll into it easy. It's all for fuel mileage.
Aug 21 2017 10:00am
Quote (FMX_89 @ Aug 21 2017 05:27am)
The pedal responsiveness is tuned that way on purpose to help you get better fuel mileage. Amy 2014 Silverado is the same. It's not a simple linear relationship between the pedal and throttle body. The computer uses an algorithm to open the blade and acceleration rate is one of the variables. Slowly roll into the throttle to about 1/3 then come to a stop and quickly open the throttle 1/3. When you hit it fast the throttle blade opens farther than it does when you roll into it easy. It's all for fuel mileage.

Interesting. Thanks. Makes sense!
Go Back To Motor Sports & Cars Topic List
Prev16789Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll