d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Player vs. Monster > A Tale Told By Chuckie, The Scared Classis Barb > P8 Hardcore Classic
Prev1234511Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 11,483.74
Aug 9 2017 10:23am
after gaining some fighting experience form the den of evil and reporting back to akara, i was given another task -- kill blood raven. so i went back to the cold plains and followed the path leading to the burial grounds. i felt slightly stronger after completing my first quest, and was ready for the next. the small groups of monsters that were along the path between my next quest and i didn't seem so overwhelmingly powerful anymore. i really was getting stronger! :)

i made it to blood raven. it's just a bunch of zombies and her. i could probably just run right up to her and the zombies wouldn't even do anything just like back in the blood moor. oh was i wrong. i found an opening and ran up to blood raven. these sons of bitches could smell my flesh and started chasing after me. i ran back a little and chopped a few of their heads off. they were being resurrected?!?!?! what the hell??????

feeling desperate, i lured them away from blood raven and made another howl attempt. it worked! i had a game plan! i ran back to blood raven and the zombies chased me. i continued howling at the zombies when they would get close and they would run away for a moment. not sure why it scared them away for a moment but i didn't care as long as it worked. i tried to take a selfie, but i was a little preoccupied with blood raven.

blood raven was fast. she ran around a lot and tried using her zombie friends as a meat shield. luckily i knew my howling would keep me from needing to worry about the zombies, and i only focused on her. it felt like i was playing a game of tag, but with an axe. i had used a couple more of those healing potions that were given to me, and was thankful that blood raven didn't seem to have any, otherwise this would be way longer of a fight. i was finally able to get the killing blow on her, and i turned to fight off the zombies. as her corpse hit the floor, i was startled by a lightning storm that seemed to come right from her lifeless body. the lightning seemed strike all the zombies, but avoid me somehow, and killed them all off. i sighed with relief as i didn't have to fight off anymore zombies just yet, and could take a breather.

my reward for slaying blood raven was... a fighting companion? and wow was she a cutie.. aliza :wub: i was never good with girls back home and never had a girlfriend before, but now i was just given a girl for a quest. i tried to introduce myself but being a cute girl and all, my tongue was tied. aliza was not impressed and saw right through me. she threatened me with an arrow to the knee if i tried anything with her, and she was only here to help me fight to save the town. i was so embarassed...

Gold: 0.00
Aug 9 2017 10:35am
LOL I hope you've got a good one for what happens the first time your merc dies
Gold: 71.01
Aug 9 2017 10:55am
Don't let Aliza play you for a fool and trick you into buying her all kinds of nice clothes and stuff while she just leads you on and gets free exp from following you. You are a good guy and deserve a woman who will enrich those qualities you possess and love you for who you are.
Aug 9 2017 03:23pm
Quote (Khboer @ Aug 9 2017 08:35am)
LOL I hope you've got a good one for what happens the first time your merc dies

don't you say that! aliza has my heart even if all i can do is look at her.

Quote (MGD3 @ Aug 9 2017 08:55am)
Don't let Aliza play you for a fool and trick you into buying her all kinds of nice clothes and stuff while she just leads you on and gets free exp from following you. You are a good guy and deserve a woman who will enrich those qualities you possess and love you for who you are.

one day i will find the perfect woman and she will love me for me! at least that's what mother always told me....

i equipped a new scepter found from the burial grounds, an upgrade from my butter knife even though it had no other mods on it. i stumbled upon the stony fields in search of the underground passage for the quest to save deckard cain. i came across some strange looking stones with markings on them guarded by a clan of devil worshippers led by a papa smurf looking fellow named rakanishu. the clan seemed more scared of me, and tried to run. i wanted their heads. i took out the little guys and left the leader for last. he went straight for aliza. i told her to run but she wasn't afraid and shot arrows point blank while rakanishu was hitting her with his sword. he must have been cursed or infused with some kind of sorcery, because each time he was hit, lightning bolts would project off his body and hit us. ALIZA, NO!!!!!!
aliza let out a scream after the lightning had hit her. she was shocked and was not able to recover fast enough, and was struck by sword in the chest. blood poured out of her body and she hit the floor. MY DEAREST ALIZA!! adrenaline pumped through me and i seemed to have twice as much strength, as if i were popeye eating a can of spinach. tears started rolling down my cheeks as i swung harder and harder. i had killed rakanishu and his body was on the floor now, but i didn't care. i continued wailing at his body a few more swings. i rushed to aliza but it was too late.. she was dead. :cry:

i was mourning. aliza was beautiful and now she was gone forever. i continued to the underground passage and to the dark woods, alone. i turned my sadness from losing aliza into hatred to the monsters that were in my path and gave them a serious ass whooping.

i found a group of beasts guarding a strange looking tree and i knew that must be what i came for. i howled to scare the weaker ones away and took out the master. the other two were no match compared to their leader. there was a scroll that had dropped, and i returned to town with it, getting more information from akara.

when i returned to the rogue encampment alone, lady kashya could tell i had a broken heart. she said she had other trained women archers i could hire. i picked out an archer named hannah, who was just as gorgeous as aliza. i felt a sudden spark of energy as hannah was by my side. i was told to return to those strange stones i had found earlier, and i could open the portal to tristram. i led hannah to the stones, as i had already been there and knew the way. why is it that there are all these portals to different areas, but none can take me back home? :(

Aug 9 2017 03:43pm
this was the first time hannah had been out of the rogue encampment, and i could tell she was afraid even though she was good at hiding it. i had been through a few portals already, and it didn't really phase me much anymore. i looked at hannah and smiled, held her hand and we went together on 3. i could see her blush out of the corner of my eye as we traveled through the portal to tristram.

there were tons of skeletons in tristram, and we had excellent teamwork. hannah was not trying to be a hero like aliza was. she had amazing shot from afar while i beat them with my scepter. we came across griswold, and knew we had to put him to rest. that poor old blacksmith... i swung and swung, and hannah used a hell of a lot of arrows.. he really could take a beating. it didn't seem to matter where we hit him, he still stood moaning at us, not really phased. we were persistent, and we finally took him out, rest his soul.

we explored a good part of tristram and came across deckard cain. that poor frail old man was trapped in a cage! we lowered the cage down and while we were getting the cage open, more skeletons appeared. we got the cage open and told cain to head back to town while hannah and i fought off the skeletons. he took a portal back to town, and we fought off the rest of the skeletons. we made it back to town and he thanked us, offering to identify any mysterious items we came across.

after the fight with griswold, i had decided i needed to get a more reliable weapon. griswold really took a beating before going down, and i need something that packed more a punch. i met gheed, the gambling man, and decided it was time to spend some money. i played a few rounds with him and i made off with a 2 handed axe. this will do!

Gold: 1,200.00
Aug 9 2017 04:28pm
I :thumbsup:
Loving this story
Tracking
Aug 10 2017 11:21am
hannah and i made it to the black marsh. we are kicking ass and taking names with our deadly combo of hand combat and archery. the new 2 handed axe is doing me a lot more justice than the old scepter. it's a lot better at beheading than a scepter, that's for sure.

we traveled down the stairwell to the first level of the tower cellar and the air started becoming colder.. GHOSTS? i thought ghosts were make believe! you better believe i howled my ass off. i was so scared that i had dropped my axe and it nearly landed on my feet.

we slayed them all. hannah is very humble and claims i do most of the work, but i know better. her personality is very refreshing compared to aliza, and i am very thankful for that. i am doing my hardest to keeping any monsters away from her. i am thinking less and less about aliza, and do not talk about her at all. i only focus on our jouney and trying to keep hannah safe. continuing down the tower cellar, we came across a shiny looking dagger.

Gold: 0.00
Aug 10 2017 11:30am
Ooh, gull! Gonna use for FI?
Aug 10 2017 11:34am
i identify it with one of my scrolls. a gull dagger. what kind of name is this? i shudder in my imagination.. perhaps they named it the gull dagger because they would slice into their enemies at the gull (gall)? okay, i need to stop letting my imagination run wild, i'm starting to feel nauseous. i put the dagger into my backpack.

we made it to level 5 of the tower cellar, and came to the room where the countess was. her minions chased after us from the room to the halls, and we took them out one by one. hannah sniped most of them and they fell quickly. we walked through the doorway into the countess' throne, and was now alone with her minions we had slain in the previous room. progressing through, i had acquired a new skill, shout, which improves my defense for a short amount of time. i ran up to countess and shouted, and did not strike her. i described how pathetic her minions were and how we tore them apart, and she got furious and tried to strike me. i dodged her attacks and swayed left to right avoiding her swings while i let hannah snipe her. she sliced my chest very minorly, and hannah made the kill after a few arrows to the countess' chest. see, hannah? you do a lot more than you think you do.

we returned to town and deckard cain offered to identify the gloves free of charge. i had forgotten about that! he identified the gloves and as i compared them to the ones i was wearing, there was a slight improvement. i switched the gloves and traded my previous pair to charsi in return of repairing my equipment.

Aug 10 2017 06:43pm
Quote (Khboer @ Aug 10 2017 09:30am)
Ooh, gull! Gonna use for FI?

what do you mean FI? the only term for FI i know of in d2 off the top of my head is fire immune. i'll swap it on kill for andy though.

i went back to gheed and did a little more gambling. this time, for a 2h sword. swords just seem so much cooler than axes.

hannah and i got surrounded by a pack of champion shaman. or is it shamen? it was not looking too good, but we both managed to survive the battle, nearing the smith for the haradric malus.

we came across the smith at last! he was really strong and big.. i think he was trying to show off to hannah -- i swear he winked at her.

Go Back To Player vs. Monster Topic List
Prev1234511Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll