d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Mf Orb Baller Max Block Build > Need Input On Next Gear Upgrade
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 302.00
Aug 2 2017 10:52am
Hey guys. I have a lvl 88 orb baller. Here is my stat point allocation, merc gear, and my gear.

Cold
- FO 20
- CM 1

Fire
- Firebolt 20
- Fireball 20
- Fire Mastery 20
- Warmth 1

Lightning
- Teleport 8 (dumping rest in here)
- Static

A2 Defiance merc
- Tals mask
- Kelipie snare
- eth treachery

Gear -
- 20/18 storch
- 40 gheeds
- wizzy
- isted shako
- tals armor
- tals ammy
- tals belt
- bloodfists
- war traveller
- Stormshield socketed with -15req/8dex/32 def jewel
- pdwarf star
- 15/18 wisp
- baba / milabregas shield

Stash / mules
- 39 hoto
- Isted Occy
- 40 chancies
- 2x 10 fcr dual rez ring
- Aldurs boots
- hotspur
- Guardian Angel
- 22 maras
- tgods
- magefists

With my gear currently equipped I have
90 fire res
120 cold res
120 lit res
60 poison res
45 %dr
~307mf / 410mf (with switch)
70 fcr
30 fhr

1.1k hp and 670mana

My merc can tank mephy long enough for me to kill 80% of the time. The other 20% I can take hits to face long enough to not care. I used to run the isted occy, chancies, and fcr rings, but I decied that the extra 100 MF was not worth the survivability I can get with the sorb gear and fhr/life from bloodfists (build has no fhr source)

My MF run is Mausoleum, Countess, Andy, Ancient Tunnels, Meph, Eldritch, Shenk, anya portal dude

Looking for suggestions of how to improve my mfer!
Gold: 98.00
Aug 3 2017 03:33am
Why so many points in tele? You should be able to tele around easy with 1 point, considering your gear. Better put the points in cold mastery.
Aug 3 2017 07:21am
I don't use insight and I hate having more than 1 row of mana pots in my belt. I find that I can do fast runs of just andy/meph w/o having to take a drink. Usually when I am using FO its for clearing a room of easy to kill minions. Fireball is my main dps spell.

However I do have a couple of respecs left. I might take your suggestion and see how that goes. Its been real nice not having to rebuy mana pots on each run since I hit 80 and started dumping the extra pts in tele.
Gold: 10,479.90
Aug 3 2017 11:01am
that points on tele :\

u can improve ur orb or ur cold passive (op passive).

think the build is fine, i got one like yours on EUHCL and manages hell pretty nice.

but i think u should put some more points @cold

Gold: 12,813.89
Aug 3 2017 08:46pm
Agree with the above, the "extra" points are better spent improving fireball (via synergy) or Orb (via CM) than in teleport.

Another minor tweak, if you do respec, drop the points in meteor, not firebolt. Same increase to ball, but you can drop meteors on bosses while spamming FB for faster kills.

I'd also work in Magefists, for the +1 fire. Just adding them wouldn't hit another FCR breakpoint ofc, but would allow you to either equip HOTO and maintain 63% FCR (picking up any needed resists via charms or Ums in shako/tals armor). Probably worth picking up a little FHR with that setup as well, via charms.
Aug 4 2017 08:02am
I feel like that meteor is a waste for two reasons
1) It takes 3 pre-req points to get to it
2) It shares a cooldown with FO - I found that I prefer to Orb, FB, FB, FB, Orb, FB, FB ,FB till stuff dies. Meteor, FB, FB, FB, Meteor, FB, FB, FB took longer to down bosses; as long as I was landing FO correctly.

If I get hold of some FHR and res charms I will for sure start wearing magefists/hoto. But right now bloodfists and a 12FHR gc are my only sources of FHR.

I could probably um the tals armor, wear an um'ed shako, and then slap on hoto and magefists. The mana regen and + fire skill into warmth would probably help with my teleport issues. Plus, I am going to have a BO barb in hell soon to prebuff me on MF runs, which will allow me to re-evaluate my gear choices. But I need to find a way to hit 42, if not at least 30 fhr.

Another optimiztion I am thinking about doing is to swap the war travs with aldurs boots. Fire res, life, DTM, and 40 frw (I tele everywhere but it will make walking through town more bearable)

By wearing aldurs, magefists, hoto, and ummed shako I would be losing 75 MF. I guess the killing speed I would gain from +3 all skills and +1 to fire would make it worth it? I feel like I kill stuff fast enough already though :/

The dex from hoto would allow me to pump another 15 in vita and still have MB. It might be the way to go even if I do not feel like my killing speed is any faster.
Go Back To Diablo 2 Discussion Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll