d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > Proteins And Recovery Question In Here
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 16,417.00
Aug 1 2017 02:28pm
long story short

im a boxer, i dont eat enough like im supposed to, i miss alot of energy to be able to perform to the max when I go to the gym

Someone told me to try that Whey gold protein. Some other guy told me to use the Whey recovery.

I do really run out of energy really fast, I dont think its a cardio thing, It's just like you car just run out of gas, i feel completely exausted even after only 1-2 rounds and I end up trying to fight my extreme fatigue + the guy in front of me

It's really starting to get on my nerves, i just cant deliver what im suposed to.

anyways, thanks for any tips in advance!
Gold: 293.30
Aug 1 2017 02:29pm
Eat more.

Whey if you really need anything, but sounds like you dont get any carbs
Gold: 2,118.35
Aug 1 2017 02:34pm
Yeah eat more but it sounds like your fitness is shit.. how well do u go when sparring?

How many days a week do you train?
Gold: 16,417.00
Aug 1 2017 02:37pm
Quote (Zark @ 1 Aug 2017 13:29)
Eat more.

Whey if you really need anything, but sounds like you dont get any carbs

actually I live in a house where eating healthy means 15 chicken wings + a salad on the side is considered as it.

I must admit i supper from intense anxiety, and uhm, my body weight is freaking me out because i need to lose some weight. Now im in vacation, i gained like 5 pounds since, and its freaking the shit outa me, so most of the time, i just skip eating

even if i try to talk to my parents about the fact that i try not to gain weight, my mom is the kind of person to think if you drink enough smoothie juice from the store, youll end up getting thinner. you know, 2 lbs of fries and 4 slice of pizza, its all good.

i know thats not healthy, but id rather not eat than eat what it is to eat for me.

idk what to eat, i try to eat like scrambled eggs when i get up but its just not going in. I just started my anxiety medication back as I hope it will help me to eat more, but for now its hell, even if it smells so fucking good un the house, i refuse to eat because i just gained some weight.

I can already see the ''well make ur own lunch!'', but its not that simple, i dont feel at home at all, i dont feel like starting to cook and stuff, i just want to move out but im having a shitty shift at my job working on night shifts and i dont want to make a move now because i really want to find a daytime job and try to be a little less stressed about everything before moving out as it will be the first time for me.

i must admit my life is pretty shitty as we talk, im hoping for things to change, be able to train and start competition back and just be happy

Quote (Lil_Gueto @ 1 Aug 2017 13:34)
Yeah eat more but it sounds like your fitness is shit.. how well do u go when sparring?

How many days a week do you train?

well on a normal week of work i do 4x10hours from 4:30pm to 3 am, so for 4 days i praticly cant do anything, when im really motivated, i go to run after my shift, at 3 am, after a 10 fucking hour standing up day with 45 min of breaks, i do alot of abs and alot of shadow as i have a big mirror in my room, ive been boxing since 14, im 26, i can say that im a good boxer, ive trained some guys that went for competition, one is pro now, so i can put some pressure on me to be able to get a minimum of shape, but i cant spare or train properly with my trainer from monday to thursday. so it means i have friday sat and sun to train, with i do, friday sparring , getting my ass kicked by some newcomers because im just not im shape. my confidence is getting completly destroyed, as ive been the novice champion of my province at 17. then i go to the gym sat and sun doing mostly intervals on the bag alone or running on the threadmill. its pretty pathetic. I end up beein completely exausted at the end of my week, not recovering at all trying to push myself to my best

This post was edited by icp_1 on Aug 1 2017 02:44pm
Gold: 2,118.35
Aug 1 2017 05:51pm
Shit won't change till you get up and wipe your ass.

1. Don't seek solid nutritional advice from your parents. It's rarely ever more than what they hear in the news which is mostly bullshit.

2. Anxiety and mental stress is all about perspective. You should do a little googling to help address negative thought patterns. Learn to take care of yourself and in turn love yourself.

3. Also learn about nutrition. Google what a calorie is. If you are gaining weight you don't want, you have to eat less and/or exercise more. So stop beating yourself up over skipping a couple meals here and there.
I can go over nutrition a little more as it seems that's a point you are focusing on without much guidance.

I work 30-50 hours a week, study, gym 6 days a week, live with just my girlfriend, in a city 4 hours away from where I grew up, and have to handle all responsibilities ourselves. If I can, you definitely can. I'm 22 btw
Gold: 1.00
Aug 1 2017 08:09pm
I'm not sure if this is a troll or not but it dosent necessary sound like food is the full issue here.

I can only touch on food as I'm not a psychologist.

Some easy ones:

Carbs
Bananas - easy to take on the go, cheap, delicious and easy to crush 3 or 4 of them.

Fats
Avacados - easy to take on the go, fairly priced, delicious, easy to crush fast. Cut in half add salsa, corn and black beans. It's delicious check out fitmencook on YouTube.

Protein
Canned tuna - easy to take on the go, very cheap, delicious when you toss some hot sauce or whatever you want in. Easy to crush fast. Mix with a can of chickpeas and red cabbage and your choice of topping.

There's lots of food like that but those or examples of such easy cheap foods to keep around rather than depleting your body and then gorging on some high fat meal before sleep that's 2500 calories.

In addition the food above is very easy to measure should you desire to count calories.

Other great snacks I personally enjoy that are easy and fast.

Cottage cheese with peanut butter and celery
Nuts and raisens
Greek yoghurt
Rice
Steamed dumplings (not so fast)
Eggs and salsa
Tossing random leftovers into wraps to go

This post was edited by wesley123 on Aug 1 2017 08:14pm
Gold: 1.00
Aug 1 2017 08:16pm
Quote (wesley123 @ Aug 1 2017 10:09pm)
I'm not sure if this is a troll or not but it dosent necessary sound like food is the full issue here.

I can only touch on food as I'm not a psychologist.

Some easy ones:

Carbs
Bananas - easy to take on the go, cheap, delicious and easy to crush 3 or 4 of them.

Fats
Avacados - easy to take on the go, fairly priced, delicious, easy to crush fast. Cut in half add salsa, corn and black beans. It's delicious check out fitmencook on YouTube.

Protein
Canned tuna - easy to take on the go, very cheap, delicious when you toss some hot sauce or whatever you want in. Easy to crush fast. Mix with a can of chickpeas and red cabbage and your choice of topping.

There's lots of food like that but those or examples of such easy cheap foods to keep around rather than depleting your body and then gorging on some high fat meal before sleep that's 2500 calories.

In addition the food above is very easy to measure should you desire to count calories.

Other great snacks I personally enjoy that are easy and fast.

Cottage cheese with peanut butter and celery
Nuts and raisens
Greek yoghurt
Rice
Steamed dumplings (not so fast)
Eggs and salsa
Tossing random leftovers into wraps to go

Buy a pack of 12 pitas and make or buy hummus. I leave the pack at work.

Edit : fuck double post.

This post was edited by wesley123 on Aug 1 2017 08:17pm
Gold: 165.00
Aug 2 2017 10:57pm
You need more calories. Bottom line.
Gold: 22.00
Aug 4 2017 04:13pm
what's your cardio training look like?

if you're boxing and training for boxing the feeling of ravenous hunger should almost never leave your body.

you're either not training and sparring much, or there are some psychological factors to consider.
Gold: 2,945.50
Aug 4 2017 05:15pm
Your anxiety and stress from work and your (mental) approach to food is most likely the reason you get exhausted after just 2 rounds.
If you fatigue yourself from cognitive distress how can you expect your physical aspects perform at it's best?

For how long has this been going on? You wrote that you've been boxing for around 12 years, have you always been anxious?
Is the medication related strictly to your anxiety of food or (and) something else?
If it's related with the food and how you face food (anxious from gaining 5lbs) you might suffer from, or are on your way to developing, some sort of eating disorder.

You could benefit from doing less exercise to avoid suffering from burnout.

Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll