d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > User Blogs > My Houston Sports Blog > Craving A Major Sports Championship
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic
Gold: 6.45
Aug 11 2017 12:40pm
The Buffalo Bills have traded wide receiver Sammy Watkins and a sixth-round pick in next year's draft to the Los Angeles Rams for cornerback E.J. Gaines and a 2018 second-round pick. How in the world do trades like these happen when the Houston Texans aren't even in a position to pounce on such a lopsided trade?

If only the Texans had some high-round draft picks in next year's draft to play with when the trade market is so friendly like that. Unfortunately, we don't even have a first or second-round pick in next year's draft because the Cleveland Browns currently own those picks.

E.J. Gaines and a second-round pick is not much value for a potential young stud and All-Pro at wide receiver. Granted, Sammy Watkins hasn't lived up to his superstar expectations since being drafted out of Clemson and injuries have slowed him down. He still put up a 1,047-yard, 9 TD season in 2015. Big play Sammy is only 24 years old as well. The best is still ahead for him and now the Los Angeles Rams will reap the rewards.

Man oh man, imagine having a Sammy Watkins on the opposite side of DeAndre Hopkins with Deshaun Watson throwing them to ball. That's some #ClemsonToClemson fireworks right there. Then again having a highly productive number two wide receiver is a luxury need at best. But now that Will "butterfingers" Fuller is injured it makes me want another top flight receiver. Not that he could consistently catch the ball anyways. Will Fuller was a speedster out of Notre Dame that the Texans front office invested a first-round pick on and it just makes me wish we hadn't dropped the ball so much when it came to snagging a #2 wideout. No pun intended!!!!
Go Back To User Blogs Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic