d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Necro Question > Max Block?
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 60.00
Jun 28 2017 01:33pm
so sadly my 65 necro died last night, so sad. anyways, I didn't go for max block.

I was one-shotted by an undead stygian doll in nightmare, it was instantaneous, literally couldn't believe my eyes. Anyways no use crying over spilt milk. Oh his agonizing scream of horror.

I'm currently having a new necro leveled to 65 cuz im busy and don't feel like going through that again, just wanna pick up where i left off, and i intend to gear him up very similarly with some potential upgrades. My question is, should I go for max block on a summon necro with homonculus? I want to learn from this mistake. Should I go for a higher block %, max block, stick with max vitality and just be more careful? Any advice for survival is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Edit: I was becoming very confident with the effectiveness of this build, I literally couldn't believe it when I died in the blink of an eye.

This post was edited by mcslammertime on Jun 28 2017 01:35pm
Gold: 5,460.50
Jun 29 2017 03:07am
died to explosion or attack by doll?

max block isnt really needed for necro
Jun 29 2017 09:40am
Quote (Rune- @ Jun 29 2017 04:07am)
died to explosion or attack by doll?

max block isnt really needed for necro

I believe it was just an attack, it was so quick. I didn't think i needed max block either but i wanted to double check, thanks for the feedback
Gold: 25,008.00
Warn: 10%
Jun 29 2017 08:37pm
you died to the attack of the doll?!?! imagine if he exploded, you'd of died in half a shot. :lol:

i think the problem is that you went for max block
you should got max vita

when you have godly gear that gives +10 to all stats and ring and such that give STR and DEX

Then you can aford to go for max block.

but even then... on a summon necro you hardly ever get hit probably always best to go max vita.
Gold: 5,460.50
Jun 30 2017 04:39am
If you died instantly to a doll on NM with a lvl 65 it was probably lag/desynch, so you had already taken a beating before the orb updated
hard to watch out for dat shiet
Gold: 10.00
Jul 1 2017 09:26am
I would generally avoid max block on a necro. Max vita is definitely the way to go.

Even once you get to a much higher level I wouldn't go max block. If you were to use a storm shield, just sit ~50% and you should be more than fine. if you're using spirit or a head, don't even worry about it.
Gold: 9,319.90
Jul 1 2017 11:56am
max vita and make use of dim vision
Jul 2 2017 03:53am
Thank you so much for all the replies, sorry I'm traveling or I would quote everyone for good advice, I think it might've exploded on me but desynch is def a probability, I've been playing kinda a cheap build.

First time was max vita and second time is max vita at the moment. I like to keep him pretty cheap so when/if he dies it's not a huge loss and I mule like crazy.

Anyways, I'm rambling but I shoulda seen the signs I run on a very powerful machine but my connection could've been off, I think I was glitching cuz I def like glitched around in act 5, in the future if there's any signs of that Ima just play an alt. I usually just set to walk and then walk back and forth kinda spamming dim vision and tps when necessary.

My first setup was trang armor and gloves, a rare nec Circ I found(nothin crazy) some rare boots and a random unique belt, random 10fcr ring and a random with mods and a nokazon ammy plus homonclus and umes lament, and resist and life charms but I was still only sittin at 720 life.
My current setup is similar but with a hoto and shako, I'm at like 800+ life 1k+ with oak sage. Ima try to keep a better lookout for lag and stuff. I'm also just going to avoid those areas. Solod nightmare Baal no problemo.

Thanks again for the responses and sorry for the long winded response. Def not goin for max block just all vit and upgrades where I feel like spending em(at certain levels, I kept my torch on a mule)

I guess if anyone wants to continue the convo which would be a more important upgrade, enigma or cta? I don't mind walking/running but tele is good for keeping army together.

Thanks again everyone

Gold: 64,099.00
Jul 11 2017 07:44pm
Just go full vita B)
Gold: 0.00
Jul 12 2017 06:19pm
Quote (mcslammertime @ Jul 2 2017 01:53am)
I guess if anyone wants to continue the convo which would be a more important upgrade, enigma or cta? I don't mind walking/running but tele is good for keeping army together.

Thanks again everyone

Enigma is gonna be more helpful than cta, though it's ideal to have both.

I agree with above posters that you prolly got lagged. I've never been one shotted by a doll in nm, even with a max dex zero vita bowa. I think she had about 450 health in nm Durance. I also agree with max vita. Your shield/trophy should be about mods, not block.
Go Back To Diablo 2 Discussion Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll