d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > Detailed Sva 117 Fcr Light Sorc > For Europe Non-ladder
1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 25.84
Warn: 10%
Jun 28 2017 09:24am
I didnt feel like there as a good and updated detailed guide on 117 fcr light sorc for SVA, so i decided to make one.
Keep in mind this guide requires the use of Siggard's Stealth bug belt, so it only applies for Europe Non-Ladder.
You will always maintain 117% fcr and 86% fhr frame on all setups. I will cut the intro here and go straight to the important part, the guide itself.
Note this isnt a cheap sorc to build and requires alot of top tier items. If you cant afford it, i suggest you go search for a cheap ES FB build.

1. Equipment
2. Stats
2. Skilling
3. Setups explained
4. Extra notes

1. Equipment

Armors:
Enigma of Duress
Enigma

Belt:
Bug Belt. Only option here. If you cant afford a perm one, get yourself an unperm one. Arach wont work with this guide.

Shields:
You want to have 3 shields here:
1. Spirit monarch 35 fcr (Note: even if you use Spirit of Phoenix, your bo spirit must still have 35 fcr for your cold res setup)
2. Spirit of Phoenix 35 fcr
3. Stormshield socket with ELD rune

Boots:
Different options for boots:
30 frw/10 fhr/30+ cold/fire/light resist trires rare boots

Prepatch: Carrion Greaves (30 frw 20 fhr 3 rep life 46 cold res 43 fire res 25 poison res)

Craft 30 frw 10 fhr life rep life dual res(perfect would be 30 frw 10 fhr 20 life 10 rep life 40 xxx res 40 xxx res)
The res you exclude from thes (example if you pick cr/lr combo, you exclude fire res) needs to be on your fcr ring. So any combo is fine really, cr/lr lr/fr fr/cr.

Must:
Shadowdancers
Good to have in stash:
Sandstorm treks (incase you dont use prepatch, the 20 fhr is handy in some setups)

Amulets:
1. 2 sorc 20 fcr 60 life 20 all resist
2. 2 sorc 20 fcr 20 dex 60 life
These are of course perfect stats, try to get as close to these stats as possible.

Weapons (all is must):
1. Rare or magic orb
If rare: 2 sorc 20 fcr 3 lightning 3 light mastery 2 soc (socket with rbfs). Good adds: Life/Light res/Fire res/Cold res/3rd usefull skill like Chilling Armor
If magic: 3 light 20 fcr 3 lightning 3 light mastery 2 soc (socket with rbfs) Good adds: Life
2. CTA for bo
3. Hoto

If you cant find an orb with mastery, magic 3 light 20 fcr 3 lightning 2 soc would do. But an orb is must for this char, if you cant get the high damage, its not really worth building it, since the damage is the only real advantage for this char.

Gloves:
1. Trang-Oul’s gloves

Rings:
You have several options here for main ring:
1. Craft 10 fcr/str/life/all resist (perfect would be craft 10 fcr 25 str 60 life 11 all resist)
2. Craft 10 fcr/str/life/single resist (perfect would be craft 10 fcr 25 str 60 life 30 single resist
3. Rare 10 fcr/str/life/mana/single res or all res or dual res or single res + all res

Depending on what res youre lacking from boots, i suggest you cover it on this ring. Like if you use cr/lr craft boots combo, and you dont reach 200+ fire res, you should get a ring with high fire res. If youre lacking light res, go with light res and so on. Make sure you get atleast 200 fire res, 200 light res and 400 cold res on their respective setups. I personally preffer 250+ fire res 300+ light res and 400+ cold res, but thats not always easy to get.

For maxblock setup:
2x 10 fcr/dex/life/res
I like using rare with 10 fcr 15 dex 35+ life 70+ mana with all res/dual light fire res, since mana is usually low on maxblock setups.
Or you can go with crafted 10 fcr 15 dex 60 life 11 all res or 30 single res. (Not sure if it can have 90 mana as add too, but if its possible, would be perfect choice)

Second rings:
1. Bul-Kathos's Wedding Band
2. Ravenfrost
3. Wisp Projector

Helms:
You will need 4 helms in total
1. 2 sorc/30 frw/20 fcr/life/2 socwith one of these:
All resist or light resist or fire resist
This will be your main helm, so make sure you can use it vs trappers and fire sorcs (If you lack lr, make sure it has lr, if you lack fire res, make sure it has fire res. If you lack both, make sure it has all res)
Socket with following options:
1x Lo rune and 20 life 30 fire resist jewel
1x Lo rune and 20 life 30 light resist jewel
1x Lo rune and Jah rune (incase you got super gear and resist covered, Jah rune is best option here

2. 2 sorc/30 frw/20 fcr/life 2 soc
Socket with 2x Ber runes
This helm doesnt need resist on it, since it will be used for dr setup vs Druids mainly. But if youre planning on using the sorc in team duels, light resist would be nice here. Then you can easily use Wisp Projecter along with SOP shield, to cover lost max % resist on this setup. This way you will be able to survive a trap/nado druid combo easily.

3. 2 sorc/20 fcr/dex/life/res 2 soc
Socket this with 2x 7 fhr 9 str 9 dex 10 all res jewels
Get as high dex as possible.

4. 2 sorc/20 fcr/life/cold resist 2 soc
FRW is not really needed here, since you wont be walking vs cold sorcs.
Socket this with 2x 20 life 30 cold resist jewels (if your helm has 40% cold res, it will end up with 100% cold res

Perfect stats for each mod: 30 str/60 life/40 single resist/20 dex/20 all resist
You can ALSO use your maxblock helm as your cold stack helm. Just make sure it has cold resist instead of all resist. Socket it with 2x 7 fhr 9 str 9 dex 30 cold res jewels, and save 4 slots in stash. But this means 40 life less on your cold setup.

Inventory:
9x light 45 life
2x light 12 fhr
10x 20 life 5 all resist scs
2x 5 fhr 5 all resist scs
Anni 20/20/x
Sorc Torch 20/20
On some setups you wont be needing any fhr skillers at all, and can manage with only 5 fhr from 1 small charm, therefore its clever to have extra life/fhr charms in stash, to always maintain highest possible life on each setup.
On other setups you will be only needing 10 fhr from your small charms, therefore its more clever to use that instead of 12 fhr skiller. Because that will give you 5 life boost. Its a small addition, but also for a small price. And keep in mind, a bit of extra stats here and there on each slot means alot in the end.

2. Stats

Str: Just enough to wear your shield on all setups. (if you have enough str on your main ring, you wont need any str to stat)
Dex: Nothing, you will reach maxblock without it
Vita: Rest goes here
Energy: Nothing, this is a vita sorc

3. Skilling

1 point in every cold armor
1 point into Warmth
1 point into Teleport
1 point into Thunderstorm
Max Charged Bolt
Max Chain Lightning
Max Lightning
Max Lightning Mastery
Max Nova
This requires lvl 99 to finish.

3. Setups explained

Versus fire and light (Main setup):
Put on frw helm with Lo and Jah or 20/30 inside
Why frw here? Helps you wsg better when needed (e.g trappers)
Use Enigma of Duress here
Depending on how much fhr your boots have, make sure your inventory helps you reach 86% fhr (if 10 fhr boots, only 1% fhr is needed, which is easy obtained with 1x 5 fhr 5 all res sc)
Use this:
Orb
Bugbelt
20 fcr life/res amulet
1x fcr str ring
Bul- Katho's ring
SOP
Trang-Oul's gloves
FRW/FHR/Res boots

Versus cold:
Put on the helm with 2x 20 life 30 cold resist jewels
Put on your spirit from bo slot (must be 35 fcr as listed) for more res
Rest is same as main setup

Versus Druids (and other chars when DR is needed without block)
Put on your helm 2x Ber runes.
Use Enigma non hybrid for more life and dr from Ber.
This way you will have 20 dr from Bug Belt, 8 dr from Enigma and 16 dr from helm. This will give you a total of 44% dr.
Going up a trap/druid combo? Swap Bul-Katho's with Wisp and you will have 80% light res and 20% absorb, which is GM according to EU pvp rules.
Remember you need to cover some FHR lost from Enigma of Duress from inventory. You can also use Sandstorm boots here for fhr boots, since you wont need the res from boots in 1v1 vs Druid.
Again small addition, small cost, clever stats add.
Incase you want Cannot Be Frozen mod, use Ravenfrost instead of Bul-Katho's
Rest is same as main setup

For maxblock:
Put on amulet with the dex/life one
Put on 2x rings with fcr/dex
Put on Stormshield instead of SOP
Swap orb with Hoto for 10 dex and to maintain 117 fcr frame.
Make sure you use Enigma of Duress here for the 20% fhr add.
You will have 30 fhr from Shadowdancers, 20 from Enigma of Duress and 14 from jewels in helm. Thats 64% fhr, the rest you need to cover in inventory to reach 86% fhr (22% fhr is needed, optimal here is 2x 5/5 scs and 1x fhr skiller)

With this setup, you will reach 117% fcr, 86% fhr, 75% block, 50% damage reduce (IF you have enough dex on rings/amu/helm that is)

Stats on different setups:
Currently i use a 6 light magic orb without light mastery add.
My stats on each setup:
Reaches 53k dmg and 38xxk hp on main setup with the 30 frw/res helm. (85 fr 86 lr)
Reaches 53k dmg and 37xxk hp on dr setup with the dual ber helm. (44 dr 80 lr 85 fr)
Reaches 34xxk hp with 41k dmg on maxblock setup (74% block base dex 50% dr, since i currently dont have 15 dex on both of my rings)
All above stats is with 117 fcr and 86 fhr on a level 99 sorc
A GG sorc with massive damage that can compete in most matchups. I believe 3 mastery on orb will add around 3-4k damage, but i havent had the chance to test that yet.

4. Extra notes

I won’t write strategy guides, since I don’t feel like I should tell anyone how to play their char.

If you feel like it, you can add an additional helm for the fire setup only. Something like 2 sorc 20 fcr life 2 soc with resist add and dual Jah for more life.
Why not 200 fcr? Because i believe that 200 fcr limits itself to few matchups and mainly SVS. The only option for SVA is either going ES or Vita as 117 fcr.
And i personally prefer Vita, since the damage and the freedom in setups is too big to ignore.

Any questions? Feel free to post here or pm my anytime you see me online.

Best regards
Asbeihi

Gold: Locked
Jun 28 2017 10:19am
Sick build.
I've always thought es was the way to go, and didnt know I should stack res past 75 incase my opponent has - to enermy resistance or conviction aura.
You really took the sorceress and perfected her :O
Thanks for helping the community with this guide ! :D

Quote (Asbeihi @ Jun 28 2017 05:24pm)

Note this isnt a cheap sorc to build and requires alot of top tier items. If you cant afford it, i suggest you go search for a cheap ES FB build.

:cry:
Gold: 46,098.37
Jun 28 2017 10:53am
pretty solid build brother ^_^

Quote (HughJanus @ Jun 28 2017 05:19pm)
Sick build.
I've always thought es was the way to go, and didnt know I should stack res past 75 incase my opponent has - to enermy resistance or conviction aura.

its the only way to go!
Gold: 8,239.00
Jun 28 2017 11:40am
Well writen passionate guide by one of the best sorc Players :hug:
Gold: 1,171.20
Jun 28 2017 11:54am
Quote (OnTreE @ Jun 28 2017 06:40pm)

indeed lol,

soska/10
Gold: 175.20
Jun 28 2017 11:58am
gozu guide sticky dat shizz

This post was edited by tomdriver13 on Jun 28 2017 11:58am
Gold: 1,490.00
Jun 28 2017 03:33pm
Nice as always!

I suppose for non eu dungos as belt? Or arachs? ^^
Jun 28 2017 04:18pm
Quote (Klaasje123 @ 28 Jun 2017 23:33)
Nice as always!

I suppose for non eu dungos as belt? Or arachs? ^^

Dungo and arach is an option yes, but then you would need str on your helms or str life amy.
Also you will lose some dex points, so you would need a different maxblock setup. Increased Chance of Block amulet with fcr along with Vipermagi should fix it, then you can still use the orb too on mb setup.
But you cant get propper dr and face other elements the way you can with Bugbelt.
Thats a whole different guide.
This sorc is built around Bugbelt in my guide.

Jun 28 2017 04:19pm
Quote (tomdriver13 @ 28 Jun 2017 19:58)
gozu guide sticky dat shizz

Quote (Reus @ 28 Jun 2017 19:54)
indeed lol,

soska/10

Quote (OnTreE @ 28 Jun 2017 19:40)

Quote (Gismoboobs @ 28 Jun 2017 18:53)
pretty solid build brother ^_^

its the only way to go!

Quote (HughJanus @ 28 Jun 2017 18:19)
Sick build.

:cry:

Thank you men, glad you liked it.
Hope other people can benefit from this too :-)
Gold: 180.00
Jun 28 2017 09:34pm
nice but not everyone has bugged belt :unsure:
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll