d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > Bowa
123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 159.00
Jun 26 2017 11:44pm
making just a goof off pvm bowa just looking for general skills was thinking multi, strafe, guided other then that not really sure

gear was thinking coh razortail crafted bowa kb ias gloves gore ravens cats eye and ether going gmb faith or gmb wrath with a merc version of the other

not to worried about soloing everything just want a goof off build for most part but would like to be able to kill most

any thoughts?
Gold: 8.73
Jun 26 2017 11:49pm
Laying of hands gives one billion damage. It is the only glove worth using

Coh is bad. Consider fortitude. Black Hades with 3 jewels does the same as coh but better and it's still a bad option

The other options are fine. Don't forget that the rings don't matter much so cheap uniques like dwarf star and manald heal still do work
Jun 26 2017 11:59pm
"master build maker" you say?

edit: no real reason to max both strafe and multishot. You use them both for the same thing, so choose one or the other

This post was edited by SuperButt420 on Jun 26 2017 11:59pm
Gold: 397.00
Warn: 60%
Jun 27 2017 12:07am
Hc or sc?

Either way, this is my general setup:

Max strafe. Strafe i use instead of multishot, because with strafe, every arrow carries special effect modifiers such as chance to cast amplify damage from atma's scarab. Every arrow also pierces with enough points in pierce and if using razortail, so it is the most effective skill. Auto aim is also time consuming and easier to use.

Max valkyrie.
3-5 points in dodge, avoid, and evade.
3-5 points in pierce.
Max critical strike.

Remainder of points in guided arrow, which is mainly used for bosses.

Gear:

Chains of honor i would switch for Fortitude, because of the 300% enhanced damage, and chilling armor increases defense. Treachery for poor player's option.

Razortail is the best belt, unless you are looking to survive burning souls, in which case you should use thundergod's vigor and dual wisp projector.

Gloves: Laying of hands set gloves gives 350% enhanced damage to demons, which is a significant boost, and i cannot see how crafted kb gloves can do them justice. Knockback isn't really that useful.

Raven is a good ring, but i've just come to realize, it isn't really necessary. It does increase damage a bit, but look to helmet option. As for rings in general, you should have a wisp projector and use Spirit of wolverine, which increases damage a little bit. Oak sage can be used, but dies far too often. Wolverine spirit seems to fly away from enemies and can take a few hits.

For second ring, you can use whatever you wish. Dwarf star for increased survivability, 12-15 mdr is not a bad thing. Ranged enemies are your biggest fear, especially packs with fana or might aura, multiple shot and extra strong. 1 volley can kill you.

Amulet: Atma's scarab is the best amulet. Amplify damage will be cast very often, and doubles output damage. Cat's eye is a very good amulet, and use it if you wish, but you will miss the doubled damage from atma's scarab.

Helmet: Kira's guardian. You should get as high all res as possible, and socket it with an um rune for more all res. This helmet also gives Cannot be frozen, so you really do not need a raven frost. This is a life saver and highly underestimated.

Boots: War travelers. You can try gore riders for yourself and see which deals more damage, in my experience, war travelers are the best boots.

Weapon: Faith grand matron bow is the best bow. For second place, i choose Eaglehorn, since it has Ignore target's defense. Combined with Atma's scarab and strafe, you will deal big damage. Windforce at third place. It has low attack rating, and slow attack speed, but high damage. I've taken off 1/3 of diablo's health bar with 1 arrow while cursed, in hell mode. Fourth option can be Cliffkiller. Harmony is a great runeword, which will make you run very fast. Almost any unique bow will do the job, but Faith Gmb is the porsche of bows.

Charms: I use mainly resist charms, max damage charms (AR not needed if you have ITD on bow), life, and faster run/walk. Faster hit recovery to hit some breakpoints. Magic find is welcome. 1 gheeds i always carry. I don't necessarily use torch, since i get tired from watching the firewave attack. Annihilus is great, but expensive.

Merc:

The grand setup is: Fortitude, pride and andariel's visage. "Poor" player's option may be shako, reaper's toll and treachery. Other options are vampire gaze, crown of thieves, duriel's shell, shaftstop, insight. With treachery, Fade will be cast almost always, which increases survivability quite a lot. Combined with damage reduction from vampire gaze, he will become tanky.

For softcore, you can be a little more aggressive and place more points in damage skills. For hardcore, you may want to place more points in defensie skills (d/a/e). You also have to play more defensively. Casting Decoy is a standard, i use it all the time, always in every doorway and around any corner. 1 fast boss pack can tear you down in 1 second, with lag spike too, you have no chance to react. Let Decoy be your scapegoat. If there's a pack, throw valkyrie there and start using strafe.

It is possible to not use valkyrie at all, in softcore, saving you lots of points. You must kite a little bit, but it's all up to your play style.

Good luck. Bowzon is the best build of all ^^

This post was edited by Taurean on Jun 27 2017 12:15am
Jun 27 2017 12:16am
Quote (SuperButt420 @ Jun 26 2017 11:59pm)
"master build maker" you say?

been on my acc since i started this jsp when i was a cocky teen will keep it for the simple fact it makes ppl mad when i ask questions

ill be going fort then just need low str base was thinking maybe a gothic plate? that or ds
and for helm i was thinking (if i can get that lucky) 30 fr/w 3os circ with 3x 40/15 in it....or really any 3os helm with those jewels
Jun 27 2017 12:37am
Quote (shorty777 @ Jun 27 2017 01:16am)
been on my acc since i started this jsp when i was a cocky teen will keep it for the simple fact it makes ppl mad when i ask questions

ill be going fort then just need low str base was thinking maybe a gothic plate? that or ds
and for helm i was thinking (if i can get that lucky) 30 fr/w 3os circ with 3x 40/15 in it....or really any 3os helm with those jewels

Light armors don't lower your movement speed
Jun 27 2017 12:57am
Quote (SuperButt420 @ Jun 27 2017 12:37am)
Light armors don't lower your movement speed

im more thinking defense wise does it make a differences going from a 60 def gothic plate or a 4xx ds in the long run after all the buffs i plan on kiting and playing defensively to try and not get hit but i know i will at some point
so is movement speed the only reason i would pick one over the other or is the base defense something i should care about
Jun 27 2017 01:04am
Quote (shorty777 @ Jun 27 2017 01:57am)
im more thinking defense wise does it make a differences going from a 60 def gothic plate or a 4xx ds in the long run after all the buffs i plan on kiting and playing defensively to try and not get hit but i know i will at some point
so is movement speed the only reason i would pick one over the other or is the base defense something i should care about

Zon has no skills that increase defense. It makes no difference what your defense is

On softcore Dodge is enough and on hardcore you generally just add more life and hope you don't get gibbed by an extra strong aura enchanted cursed Archer pack
Gold: 397.00
Warn: 60%
Jun 27 2017 01:33am
Quote (shorty777 @ 27 Jun 2017 07:16)

If you are using grand matron bow, strength requirement is 108, so you can use armors up to that str req anyway. For myself, i always use Demon limb on swtich, to Enchant my merc, so he hits more often and deals a little bit more damage. That requires 133 strength, but it's all up to you. I don't really care if i have 100 life more or less.

When playing bowzon, at least for myself, i do care a bit about aestethics

https://diablo2.diablowiki.net/Armor_Appearance

My favorites are Splint Mail/ Russet Armor/ Balrog Skin, and Light Plate/ Mage Plate/ Archon Plate. You decide for yourself how you would like to balance it strength- and lookwise.

The helmet you mention is going to increase your damage, but your resists will be crippled. Which means one cold enchanted pack boss will kill you. You will be very vulnerable, a true glass cannon. Even though you are a bowzon, i do not like being so vulnerable, at least tank a few hits. You must decide for yourself, test it out.

This post was edited by Taurean on Jun 27 2017 01:34am
Gold: 3,854.69
Jun 27 2017 03:23am
as Butt said you wand loh over any other gloves and forty over coh
defense isn't very important but it's still something, there's no reason not to get it. Armor should be an elite light base, sth like dusk shroud

Quote (Taurean @ Jun 27 2017 07:07am)
Strafe i use instead of multishot
Weapon: Faith grand matron bow is the best bow. For second place, i choose Eaglehorn, since it has Ignore target's defense. Windforce at third place.

how do you fail so hard
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll