d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Movies & TV Shows > House Of Cards
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 4.37
Jun 23 2017 08:18pm
Finished season 5 today.

Not my favorite season. Some good scenes, some good deaths.......some incredibly bold moves.

I thought the chemistry wasn't as good, nor was the script. It just didn't feel as natural.

without mentioning the name, the male death was a relief. I hated his character and sub plot.

The mirroring to trumps election was just too much for me. It was said that the majority of the season was filmed prior to election, but I suppose we don't know that for sure. There has been plenty of political allusions throughout the entire series, but this season just felt completely unoriginal.......even if the majority of plot lines were in fact done before trumps election.
Gold: 0.80
Jun 25 2017 01:53pm
Man i really need to pick this up again soon. Watched season 1 and thought it was incredible..

Some reason stopped wat hing after first episode in season 2
Jun 25 2017 02:58pm
Quote (WelSh @ Jun 25 2017 07:53pm)
Man i really need to pick this up again soon. Watched season 1 and thought it was incredible..

Some reason stopped wat hing after first episode in season 2

Seasons 1 and 2 were incredibly good.

I still highly recommend this show, and continuing keeping up with it, even though my somewhat negative remarks about season 5.
Gold: 9,000.00
Jun 25 2017 03:23pm
Now it's my turn!
Gold: 250.00
Warn: 10%
Jun 25 2017 03:28pm
Quote (stupidkid282 @ Jun 25 2017 12:58pm)
Seasons 1 and 2 were incredibly good.

I still highly recommend this show, and continuing keeping up with it, even though my somewhat negative remarks about season 5.

It's gone downhill since season 3. However, I felt season 5 was better than season 3/4. So, we've got a slight momentum shift and hopefully season 6 will be a good closer. I don't see other possible ending than Francis killing the First Lady and then either killing himself or going to jail for the rest of his life. Shit is fucked right now.
Gold: 23.00
Jun 25 2017 05:35pm
Some parts were a little far fetched but it was still watchable.

Seasons 1 and 2 were definitely the best.
Jun 25 2017 05:55pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Jun 25 2017 09:28pm)
It's gone downhill since season 3. However, I felt season 5 was better than season 3/4. So, we've got a slight momentum shift and hopefully season 6 will be a good closer. I don't see other possible ending than Francis killing the First Lady and then either killing himself or going to jail for the rest of his life. Shit is fucked right now.

The problem I have is.....Season 1 and season 2 showed an incredibly strong relationship between Francis and Claire. It was an unbeatable team like no other...and then we see a weakened Claire taking all shorts of shit, but she was stronger than that.

Are we to believe that, either Claire as been using Francis as a means of achieving presidency the entire time, or are we to believe that she was holding Francis accountable for all the verbal abuse he gave her in previous seasons.

Do we as an audience want to see Francis fall hard and be buried with all his dirty secrets? Or do we want him to overcome EVERYTHING and succeed?
Gold: 250.00
Warn: 10%
Jun 25 2017 06:09pm
Quote (stupidkid282 @ Jun 25 2017 03:55pm)
The problem I have is.....Season 1 and season 2 showed an incredibly strong relationship between Francis and Claire. It was an unbeatable team like no other...and then we see a weakened Claire taking all shorts of shit, but she was stronger than that.

Are we to believe that, either Claire as been using Francis as a means of achieving presidency the entire time, or are we to believe that she was holding Francis accountable for all the verbal abuse he gave her in previous seasons.

Do we as an audience want to see Francis fall hard and be buried with all his dirty secrets? Or do we want him to overcome EVERYTHING and succeed?

I don't want either of them to succeed. I want them both to exit stage right in a blaze of fucking glory.

I believe what's happening is that she legitimately loved Francis and would have done anything for him. However, it was always obvious that her desires/wants were secondary to his. For a long time I don't think she knew that was true, she always felt they were equal partners. After these last few seasons it became painfully apparent to Claire how insignificant she was to him and that he would sacrifice her in a moment if it meant obtaining his end goal. If there's one truth in the world, it's that absolute power corrupts absolutely. She is now in that position and she can no longer be held accountable for her actions by Francis or anyone. There's no possible upside in pardoning the former President, it only hurts her image and makes her chances of winning the next election significantly worse. While of course it completely fucks over Francis and it could possibly mean he'll end up serving jail time (lets be honest, that would NEVER happen in the U.S.A, pardoned or not, a President isn't going to jail.), she doesn't have to care anymore. He's out, she's in, his political career had ended in flames and her's is only beginning as she's managed to convince the public that she's squeaky clean and unaffiliated with the crimes of her husband.

She's making the most logical move available to her. I still think Frank is going to murder the shit out of her for this, which would make it not such a smart/logical move, but it gave her the best chance of a 5 or 6 year presidency, I forget how far in they are right now.
Jun 25 2017 06:14pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Jun 26 2017 12:09am)
I don't want either of them to succeed. I want them both to exit stage right in a blaze of fucking glory.

I believe what's happening is that she legitimately loved Francis and would have done anything for him. However, it was always obvious that her desires/wants were secondary to his. For a long time I don't think she knew that was true, she always felt they were equal partners. After these last few seasons it became painfully apparent to Claire how insignificant she was to him and that he would sacrifice her in a moment if it meant obtaining his end goal. If there's one truth in the world, it's that absolute power corrupts absolutely. She is now in that position and she can no longer be held accountable for her actions by Francis or anyone. There's no possible upside in pardoning the former President, it only hurts her image and makes her chances of winning the next election significantly worse. While of course it completely fucks over Francis and it could possibly mean he'll end up serving jail time (lets be honest, that would NEVER happen in the U.S.A, pardoned or not, a President isn't going to jail.), she doesn't have to care anymore. He's out, she's in, his political career had ended in flames and her's is only beginning as she's managed to convince the public that she's squeaky clean and unaffiliated with the crimes of her husband.

She's making the most logical move available to her. I still think Frank is going to murder the shit out of her for this, which would make it not such a smart/logical move, but it gave her the best chance of a 5 or 6 year presidency, I forget how far in they are right now.

I suppose you are right. Although she may love Francis, people change, and certainly their needs and wants for power have changed as well.

spoils

with claire killing tom, I think it was a stepping point for her to seek her own.........destiny.
Gold: 0.00
Jul 2 2017 12:41pm
So many jump the shark moments though... like the push was probably the stupidest thing I've seen in a long time.
Go Back To Movies & TV Shows Topic List
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll