d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Motor Sports & Cars > Getting A Loan For Private Sale??
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 3,385.09
Jun 25 2017 05:22pm
Nice looking one in mind. Post a picture when you grab one, the C7 was to pricey for me a few years back, was debating on a C5 or C6. ended up like the C5 style a little more, plus the price was much easier to swallow lol. I thought the C5s just looked a little more aggressive, and most C6s were in the $25-$35k range when I was getting serious. I had seen a few from like $18-$24k but nothing with low miles when i had the money.

And pay no attention to others lol, I will probably take a loan out on my Next Toy, only drive it 2k Miles a year, and have it garaged for 5 months a year. But i would rather pay a few hundred bucks in interest, thenbe super patient and wait another year or two to pay cash on it. i saved up for the C5, but trying to move some fund around to get something new in November for my bday, just to garage it till April or May lol.
Gold: 13,003.50
Jun 25 2017 08:58pm
Quote (Toews777 @ Jun 25 2017 06:22pm)
Nice looking one in mind. Post a picture when you grab one, the C7 was to pricey for me a few years back, was debating on a C5 or C6. ended up like the C5 style a little more, plus the price was much easier to swallow lol. I thought the C5s just looked a little more aggressive, and most C6s were in the $25-$35k range when I was getting serious. I had seen a few from like $18-$24k but nothing with low miles when i had the money.

And pay no attention to others lol, I will probably take a loan out on my Next Toy, only drive it 2k Miles a year, and have it garaged for 5 months a year. But i would rather pay a few hundred bucks in interest, thenbe super patient and wait another year or two to pay cash on it. i saved up for the C5, but trying to move some fund around to get something new in November for my bday, just to garage it till April or May lol.

I was originally going to go for a C6 but for $10k more you can get a C7 and they are just too sexy to pass up! I was originally looking to spend closer to $40k and get a base or 2LT but now I'm leaning toward the 3LT Z51 and trying to get OTD for about $50k. Its definitely more than I should spend, but I can afford it and I want one pretty badly. They have some good reliability reviews too so Im pretty happy with it as a DD.
Gold: 484.02
Jun 26 2017 08:31pm
Quote (AXIS @ Jun 23 2017 09:10pm)
Hey guys, kinda a dumb question but how do you get a loan for a private party sale? Ive only bought from a dealer before but there are a few vettes for sale private party that I like.
My bank is quite a ways away from all of them so Im wondering what I would have to do.

Every bank will have different operating procedures and the loan officers will all think their bank's procedures are the only way it can be done unless they have worked at multiple banks. Credit Unions are usually much more lenient with loan terms, rates on used cars, and procedure.

Step 1- Qualify: Done (Optional, most people skip straight to step 2)

Step 2- Loan application (will need VIN of the car and contact info for the lien holder if there is one. They will run your credit, pull NADA clean retail value, ask the purchase price)

Step 3- Discuss terms (self explanatory) This is where they tell you how much of a down payment you will have to make to hit certain interest rate or loan term breakpoints

Step 4- After everything is finalized some banks will insist on inspecting the vehicle in person, others will have an inspection sheet that can be filled out by the seller's bank representative and faxed back to them. Some will not require an inspection or can waive the inspection based on credit and banking history. It pays to bank with the same people for this reason. I can walk in with a VIN and walk out with a cashier's check.

Step 5- Cut the check- The bank will cut a cashier's check for the amount of the loan made out to the seller/ lien holder. You can carry cash for your portion of the down payment or get another cashier's check for that amount which is what I prefer. You go to the seller and present the check. If he has the title clean and clear it will be made out to him. If he has a lien on the vehicle it will be made out to his bank with a separate check for the remainder of the purchase price. You will fill out 2 copies of a Bill of Sale (get one from your bank). Keep one and take the other back to your bank. Once the title is released it should be forwarded to your bank, the new lien holder. You will register the car as having a lien using copy #2 of your bill of sale.

I've never bought a local car with a bank loan and most of them have been 300+ miles away so I've done this in about every way you can imagine. Communication between the 2 banks is paramount.

Quote (PlatypusLover @ Jun 25 2017 03:43pm)
Taking a loan out for a car that is purely for luxury

Things I judge people for

If you don't have shit credit you are actually much better off getting a low interest rate loan using someone else's money to finance the purchase. You get to keep your cash and invest it at a higher rate of return than the interest on the loan OR keep it liquid which provides flexibility. I can send you a spreadsheet that calculates which route makes more sense with a given set of parameters.
Gold: 5,900.00
Jun 28 2017 05:34pm
Quote (FMX_89 @ Jun 26 2017 09:31pm)
If you don't have shit credit you are actually much better off getting a low interest rate loan using someone else's money to finance the purchase. .

Quote (AXIS @ Jun 25 2017 12:19am)
I should have mentioned, I was already preapproved a couple of months back. I just havent found the right car yet. My question is more so what do I need to do to make the deal go through.I thought I recalled the bank mentioning they wanted the title in hand to give me the loan, but I imagine a selling will want the money before giving up a title.

I'm looking at C7s.

Interesting someone considering a loan on a C7 has no idea how financing and banks loans work.

The bold part quoted above, what are you actually saying or asking? If a bank finances the money, they keep the title. If you want to sell the car, you have to payoff the loan before getting the title.

This post was edited by said_aouita on Jun 28 2017 05:36pm
Gold: 533.37
Jun 28 2017 06:08pm
Quote (AXIS @ Jun 25 2017 01:19am)
I'm looking at C7s. I might end up with white but I really want Crystal Red. Its just soooooo hard to find one in a manual with a black interior. Im considering getting the brown interior and switching it to black later. It wont be cheap, but I've literally been vette shopping for months now and havent been able to find exactly what I want.
Basically I want this:

http://www.stingrayforums.com/forum/attachments/c7-photos-videos/7993d1401162975-official-crystal-red-stingray-corvette-photo-thread-img_3518.jpg

if history tells us anything if something is extremely hard to find that will make it more valuable down the road because it has a rarer set of options. order you a new one in the color combo you want
Go Back To Motor Sports & Cars Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll