d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > MMORPG > Guild Wars 1 & 2 > Just Started
Add Reply New Trade New Service New Price Check New Topic New Poll
Gold: 573.55
Jun 23 2017 02:31am
Never played gw1, so didn't know what to expect but i've really been enjoying some of the features in gw2.

Is there anything specific I should be doing other then exploration and the main story?
Do you need do gather all while leveling, or can that be done later?

Decided not to use my level boost, as I'm enjoying it slowly right now and still confused about some stuff

Do I use my hero points as I'm getting them, or hold off? Most of my info is from watching videos, and not sure how outdated some of the builds can be so haven't fully invested into anything

I'm playing a thief but was enjoying a mesmer for a while, but feel like I got confused with some of the game and the thief has been a lot smoother for me since.

Any tips, or guides that could help me understand some of the more confusing stuff would be greatly appreciated, and will probably drop back in with more questions soon.

Thank you for any help :D
Gold: 10,213.07
Jun 23 2017 07:21am
Love the thief as well, def my favorite class.
The great thing about GW2 is that there is no ONE way to leveling or game progression.
You can do the story, map completion, dung, fractals...etc and level up.
My normal strategy to leveling from scratch: Go to areas within your level, complete the hearts, point of interests, vistas and waypoints. that way you finish off that specific map witch will help you in the long run,
pls you'll get good exp. Also something you really should do is participate in all the events that pop up near you. Its a great way to get Exp, and some of them are pretty fun. When you unlock each dungeon, you can try and find a group to join and do those as well. Great way to get Exp and Gear. Crafting is a fast way to get 10 levels or so as well, but it will cost gold.
Send me your account name and I'll help you out in-game.

Gold: 475.66
Jun 23 2017 01:07pm
Gathering can be done whenever, it helps with leveling marginally as well as giving you some starting cash

Use hero points for trait lines that you will use first, in time you will unlock all

As thief shortbow will help you traverse the open world fairly quickly even if you only use it for out of combat

get familiar with dodge, as until (or if) you purchase heart of thorns, you wont have the large supply of endurance. That and thief benefits greatly as its squishy

Gold: 13,690.00
Jun 23 2017 01:43pm
Quote (Taddei01 @ Jun 23 2017 06:21am)
Love the thief as well, def my favorite class.
The great thing about GW2 is that there is no ONE way to leveling or game progression.
You can do the story, map completion, dung, fractals...etc and level up.
My normal strategy to leveling from scratch: Go to areas within your level, complete the hearts, point of interests, vistas and waypoints. that way you finish off that specific map witch will help you in the long run,
pls you'll get good exp. Also something you really should do is participate in all the events that pop up near you. Its a great way to get Exp, and some of them are pretty fun. When you unlock each dungeon, you can try and find a group to join and do those as well. Great way to get Exp and Gear. Crafting is a fast way to get 10 levels or so as well, but it will cost gold.
Send me your account name and I'll help you out in-game.

this
Jun 23 2017 03:48pm
Sent a PM to you and really appreciate that advice.

Would it be best to save the boost for later, or just get it out of the way so I can start farming the higher stuff till later?

I did purchase heart of thorns, but the 4 day delay has me cringing at times at not being able to buy a weapon to replace the ones the quests have been giving me, so that is my only reason of wanting to advance to 80 right now lol

For Hero points, do they just unlock more skills for that trait line or is there more then that?

Also, these 4 slot bags are kinda weird. When do I get better ones? haha

This post was edited by Description on Jun 23 2017 03:54pm
Gold: 13,690.00
Jun 23 2017 04:34pm
just if u wanna be hc gw dude, eventually you'll wanna do map completion, which is every quest, points of interests, view'd vistas and wp's like taddei said. so if you don't care about that then u can just boost now but imo for your first char maybe just level it?

also you can buy bags at trading post @ divinity reach

This post was edited by Jarester on Jun 23 2017 04:35pm
Jun 23 2017 04:38pm
Quote (Jarester @ Jun 23 2017 10:34pm)
just if u wanna be hc gw dude, eventually you'll wanna do map completion, which is every quest, points of interests, view'd vistas and wp's like taddei said. so if you don't care about that then u can just boost now but imo for your first char maybe just level it?

also you can buy bags at trading post @ divinity reach

Is the trading post able to be used before the 4 day period there?

And yeah, i have been doing the starting zones on a couple of the chars. Got a 21 thief, 17 mesmer with almost both their zones 100% completed but felt like I was getting hit hard, or lacking damage in the later 25 zone
The quests made me feel stuck to certain weapons, and thought you could only buy stuff through the AH in your inv or w/e you call it. Was stuck with a weird weapon combo that I didn't like on my Mesmer

This post was edited by Description on Jun 23 2017 04:40pm
Gold: 475.66
Jun 24 2017 12:25am
Considering the 4 day delay Id hold on to that boost, especially if you find you cant purchase from the Trading Post.

Hero points unlock your trait slots, and your slot skills 6 - > 0

Better bags you can purchase with gold, there are some exchanges of other in-game currencies and tokens as well https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Bag. They can be crafted, but eh.

4 bags with the boost just found out also ;) 15 slots not too bad >> https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Level-80_Boost_Package

This post was edited by MrSkales on Jun 24 2017 12:26am
Go Back To Guild Wars 1 & 2 Topic List
Add Reply New Trade New Service New Price Check New Topic New Poll