d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > How Much Do You Guys Believe In Listening To Your > Body For Nutrition
123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1,082.00
Warn: 50%
Jun 22 2017 05:10pm
say you're really craving a steak

or juicy fruits

or something really fatty

do you think this is a good sign your body needs those things?

obviously it wouldn't work for candy or ice cream or something, as that would probably be a craving in the want-but-don't-need sort of sense

intuitive eating

This post was edited by hoipolloi on Jun 22 2017 05:26pm
Gold: 22.00
Jun 22 2017 06:58pm
a lot. there's little charts all over the internet, many that are more in-depth than this one

some diabetics crave exclusively sweet foods when they have low blood glucose, that's an obvious one... however, a symptom of high blood glucose is hunger, completely counter intuitive, so there's that.

people say pregnancy cravings are an example of "intuitive eating" or whatever, others say it's a hormonal thing. that's probably worth looking into.

sugar's addictive, so a sweet craving might be more of a dopamine thing than a nutrition thing. apparently, so is cheese (i don't get this)

think about it, our bodies do incredible shit. i believe there's more specific mind/body communication beyond the simple hungry and thirsty signals.
Gold: 371.00
Jun 22 2017 07:01pm
I only crave 1 thing and thats KFC only when hungover

sure as FUK not going to have some leafy vegetables instead
Gold: 0.00
Trader: Trusted
Jun 22 2017 07:38pm
Quote (Excusemem8 @ Jun 23 2017 11:01am)
I only crave 1 thing and thats KFC only when hungover

sure as FUK not going to have some leafy vegetables instead

Dirty bird is ALWAYS the go-to when hungover
Gold: 11.58
Jun 22 2017 07:49pm
Quote (Wretch @ Jun 22 2017 08:58pm)
a lot. there's little charts all over the internet, many that are more in-depth than this one

http://i.imgur.com/j8yHy3m.jpg

some diabetics crave exclusively sweet foods when they have low blood glucose, that's an obvious one... however, a symptom of high blood glucose is hunger, completely counter intuitive, so there's that.

people say pregnancy cravings are an example of "intuitive eating" or whatever, others say it's a hormonal thing. that's probably worth looking into.

sugar's addictive, so a sweet craving might be more of a dopamine thing than a nutrition thing. apparently, so is cheese (i don't get this)

think about it, our bodies do incredible shit. i believe there's more specific mind/body communication beyond the simple hungry and thirsty signals.

its not counterintuitive at all... if glucose is stuck in the blood its not getting to tissues that need it. thats why you feel hungry, because your body isnt getting any of the sugar it thinks it is about to recieve. that chart is very likely complete fucking nonsense just based on the website title
Jun 22 2017 07:51pm
Quote (cloudkicker @ Jun 22 2017 08:49pm)
its not counterintuitive at all... if glucose is stuck in the blood its not getting to tissues that need it. thats why you feel hungry, because your body isnt getting any of the sugar it thinks it is about to recieve. that chart is very likely complete fucking nonsense just based on the website title

lol

Quote (Wretch @ Jun 22 2017 07:58pm)

yup that's what I was thinking. and I've never been very insistent on having cheese, but I know it's like an addiction for some people

This post was edited by hoipolloi on Jun 22 2017 07:52pm
Jun 22 2017 07:52pm
Quote (Wretch @ Jun 22 2017 07:58pm)

sugar's addictive, so a sweet craving might be more of a dopamine thing than a nutrition thing. apparently, so is cheese(i don't get this)

oops

This post was edited by hoipolloi on Jun 22 2017 07:52pm
Jun 22 2017 07:57pm
Quote (cloudkicker @ Jun 22 2017 09:49pm)

had a bad day buddy? :lol:

oh i understand the process completely being diabetic myself haha. that's not exactly common knowledge, it's completely counter intuitive in itself, especially in the context of this thread.

yeah i just grabbed that off google real quick as an example. there are dozens of charts from different websites that say all the same things, the information is the same regardless of the colors and watermark. maybe pick one that you feel sounds/looks better in your head so you're able to to look past it and retort.

This post was edited by Wretch on Jun 22 2017 08:05pm
Gold: 11.58
Jun 22 2017 08:10pm
Quote (Wretch @ Jun 22 2017 09:57pm)
had a bad day buddy? :lol:

oh i understand the process completely being diabetic myself haha. that's not exactly common knowledge, it's completely counter intuitive in itself, especially in the context of this thread.

yeah i just grabbed that off google real quick as an example. there are dozens of charts from different websites that say all the same things, the information is the same regardless of the colors and watermark. maybe pick one that you feel sounds/looks better in your head so you're able to to look past it and retort.

im not having a bad day, i literally meant its probably a non-factual resource. i bet youd find some solid advice on the same page about avoiding vaccines because they cause autism
Jun 22 2017 08:34pm
Quote (cloudkicker @ Jun 22 2017 10:10pm)
im not having a bad day, i literally meant its probably a non-factual resource. i bet youd find some solid advice on the same page about avoiding vaccines because they cause autism

speaking of non-factual i could sit here and make judgments of domain names at face value all night, but i'm pretty sure jollygreenvegan.com is not the source of that information.

here's one from another site.

orange/blue/green is not a very complimentary combination of colors, though. lots of jpeg artifacts, a low-res image. i just can't grasp the merit of the information when i'm not pleased by the typeface used. they lost all credibility as soon as they chose Tahoma.

This post was edited by Wretch on Jun 22 2017 08:35pm
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll