d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher > Damage Calculations & Offstats
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1,084.46
Jun 22 2017 12:34pm
Are there good numbers or calculations for how offstats effect dps?

For example:

What is the base crit chance?
What is the crit multiplier?
How much is it effected per point of +crit offstat?
Does dex effect crit? (It says so in the portal, but I've been told mot of that info is out of date.)
Waht are diminishing returns?

How much attack speed does Quick Draw grant?
Does it have diminishing returns?

Answers to any of these specifically, or any other considerations would be useful.

Thanks!
Gold: 130,247.63
Trader: Trusted
Jun 22 2017 01:15pm
Quote (Gearic @ 22 Jun 2017 19:34)
Are there good numbers or calculations for how offstats effect dps?

For example:

What is the base crit chance? i dont think that anyone besides paul knows this exactly.. but it is about 3% for dagger/club and like 15% for axes.. sword and staff got to be in between.. so i guess like 9% ish
What is the crit multiplier? double dmg
How much is it effected per point of +crit offstat? i dont think that you get more crits with str/dex statting.. only with +cs mod
Does dex effect crit? (It says so in the portal, but I've been told mot of that info is out of date.) dex doesnt effect crits. portal is outdated
Waht are diminishing returns?

How much attack speed does Quick Draw grant? it gives you a fast extra attack.. so i guess you will have about 1% more attack speed per 1% QD.. if you had 100% QD you would just do a double attack every second
Does it have diminishing returns?

Answers to any of these specifically, or any other considerations would be useful.

Thanks!

i didnt test the crits for a while.. so some things may have changed or may be a little bit off.. but i am 100% sure that dagger do a lot less crits than axes. thats to compensate for the higher basic dmg of the dagger because of the 90:10 ratio
Jun 22 2017 01:23pm
Wow, differnt base crit per weapon, too?? How ever are we supposed to theorycraft??
Gold: 30,363.04
Jun 22 2017 03:54pm
Quote (Gearic @ 22 Jun 2017 20:23)
Wow, differnt base crit per weapon, too?? How ever are we supposed to theorycraft??

the theory is, that both stats grant critchance in the same manner. due to the ratios they grant dmg in a different manner depending on the weapon.
with a dagger you would get low dmg if you stat into str, therefore you get less crits. for an axe you get more crits, but less dmg from each stat. the base dmg is not changed in any way, just how stats effect this dmg
Gold: 8,577.68
Jun 22 2017 05:06pm
Don't rely on ratios to grant you more chances of Critical Strikes... this is my opinion based on a test done 6 months after they were introduced.

We took a level 100 Samurai with maxed out dexterity and dex gear and tested two of his weapons. Dagger vs Longsword level 35 with 120% enhanced effect on each.
Outcome was pathetic, the Longsword did 68% more critical strikes than the dagger, BUT, the dagger output was so great it would kill my toon within 3-5 attacks vs
Longsword 6-10 attacks.

Note: Both weapons have a 90/10 ratio... one being Str/Dex and Dagger Dex/Str.

Dex no longer effects Critical Strike, but, I know of two(2) people that would argue that it does, but, not as much as it used too... this is based on the fact that daggers have
a higher critical strike factor vs sword ... again 90/10 ratios ... they have literally counted each critical strike done in runs with both weapons and came to this conclusion that
dex does have a better chance.

Note: They both don't play the game anymore, since 14 months ago.

Items with +Crit does effect amount, as for a theory on %, I have no clue, but more crit without compromising damage output is a good thing.

I know my long winded post did not give you any answers, but, it may help you put some things to rest.
Jun 22 2017 05:22pm
Quote (derDrops @ 22 Jun 2017 17:54)
the theory is, that both stats grant critchance in the same manner. due to the ratios they grant dmg in a different manner depending on the weapon.
with a dagger you would get low dmg if you stat into str, therefore you get less crits. for an axe you get more crits, but less dmg from each stat. the base dmg is not changed in any way, just how stats effect this dmg

Ah, that makes sense.

Quote (izParagonzi @ 22 Jun 2017 19:06)
Don't rely on ratios to grant you more chances of Critical Strikes... this is my opinion based on a test done 6 months after they were introduced.

We took a level 100 Samurai with maxed out dexterity and dex gear and tested two of his weapons. Dagger vs Longsword level 35 with 120% enhanced effect on each.
Outcome was pathetic, the Longsword did 68% more critical strikes than the dagger, BUT, the dagger output was so great it would kill my toon within 3-5 attacks vs
Longsword 6-10 attacks.

Dex no longer effects Critical Strike, but, I know of two(2) people that would argue that it does, but, not as much as it used too... this is based on the fact that daggers have
a higher critical strike factor vs sword ... again 90/10 ratios ... they have literally counted each critical strike done in runs with both weapons and came to this conclusion that

Items with +Crit does effect amount, as for a theory on %, I have no clue, but more crit without compromising damage output is a good thing.

I know my long winded post did not give you any answers, but, it may help you put some things to rest.

This is probably the most coherent comment I've seen from you, and is helpful to me. Thanks
Gold: 130,247.63
Trader: Trusted
Jun 22 2017 10:08pm
I dont think the str or dex will change any amount of the crits. The ratio is more like a value of the stats for each weapon. The different amounts of crits were implemented to Balance the fact that you will have alot bigger dmg increasing factor on dagger than you will have on axes or swords.
Gold: 30,363.04
Jun 23 2017 02:01am
Quote (izParagonzi @ 23 Jun 2017 00:06)

Longsword 6-10 attacks.

10/90 - 75/25
+ comparing a fast vs a slow weapon and attamepting to make statistics with a probably low amount of samples, which are also different in amount by a factor of 2.

seriously????

i suggest the following test:
take t1 weapons of normal speed, search for a mob with low dmg, even out your stats to 50/50 and reapeat the test, just count the crits for each weapon on a basis of at least 1000 hits.
repeat the same test with a different distribution of stats... lets say 75/25, but with all weapons again. and same for 90/10 and 10/90 and so on, then you can come up with results and conclusions, which would be coherent.

the test you have done has a bad basis and may if even at all indicate something, but you can't say what, because the test is leaking too many important aspects.

This post was edited by derDrops on Jun 23 2017 02:06am
Gold: 8,577.68
Jun 23 2017 04:29am
This post is a violation of the site rules and appropriate action was taken.

Quote (derDrops @ Jun 23 2017 09:01pm)
10/90 - 75/25
+ comparing a fast vs a slow weapon and attamepting to make statistics with a probably low amount of samples, which are also different in amount by a factor of 2.

seriously????

i suggest the following test:
take t1 weapons of normal speed, search for a mob with low dmg, even out your stats to 50/50 and reapeat the test, just count the crits for each weapon on a basis of at least 1000 hits.
repeat the same test with a different distribution of stats... lets say 75/25, but with all weapons again. and same for 90/10 and 10/90 and so on, then you can come up with results and conclusions, which would be coherent.

the test you have done has a bad basis and may if even at all indicate something, but you can't say what, because the test is leaking too many important aspects.

Don't quote me based on circumstances that you can NOT indulge in when YOU HAVE NOT done any testing yourself... for fuck sake, you come up with a scenario for others to test, yet you don't fucking test it yourself... shit boy (yes, boy) get off you ass and do some testing yourself based on your post... don't fucking question something without testing it yourself like a moron.

Come at me... you don't know the answer to my post and your own post... so, before spouting off shit... get your fat white ass off the couch and use a braincell to prove yourself correct... shit, prove me wrong by your own convictions you posted here today.

EDIT: lock me or suspend me etc... but this retard needs to prove himself with his own proof, I tested my shit, I posted shit tested by others... where the fuck is DerDrops test results... oh w8... he doesn't have a fucking clue.

This post was edited by izParagonzi on Jun 23 2017 04:32am
Jun 23 2017 05:42am
Quote (izParagonzi @ 23 Jun 2017 06:29)
Don't quote me based on circumstances that you can NOT indulge in when YOU HAVE NOT done any testing yourself... for fuck sake, you come up with a scenario for others to test, yet you don't fucking test it yourself... shit boy (yes, boy) get off you ass and do some testing yourself based on your post... don't fucking question something without testing it yourself like a moron.

Come at me... you don't know the answer to my post and your own post... so, before spouting off shit... get your fat white ass off the couch and use a braincell to prove yourself correct... shit, prove me wrong by your own convictions you posted here today.

EDIT: lock me or suspend me etc... but this retard needs to prove himself with his own proof, I tested my shit, I posted shit tested by others... where the fuck is DerDrops test results... oh w8... he doesn't have a fucking clue.

lol Triggered much?

Bad science is bad science. You wouldn't expect a scientific journal to publish an article that breaks all the rules of the scientific method, just because they didn't have someone to redo the study.

If you make merritless claims, they don't gain merit because the one that points out your mistakes hasn't replicated the study. They also don't gain merit from you lobbing personal attacks that have nothing to do with the topic.

If people don't like it, it isn't because you have bad ideas or make unfounded claims. It's because you're a real asshole to your detractors for no good reason.
Go Back To Ladder Slasher Topic List
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll