d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Why Are There So Many Homegrown Terrorists?
1235Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 500.00
Jun 21 2017 09:08am
another terrorist attack, same old same old
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-40352351

A man suspected of setting off a bomb at Brussels Central Station on Tuesday has been identified as a 36-year-old Moroccan from a city district that has spawned a number of jihadist attackers.
The suspect came from Molenbeek and was carrying a bomb armed with nails and gas canisters, officials said.
He was shot and later died after the explosion, which is being treated as a terrorist attack.

There's a problem with homegrown terrorists growing up in europe and becoming radicalized in isolated muslim enclaves that are breeding grounds for extremism. Too many of these people didn't even grow up in the middle east. I place the blame for this at the feet of multicultural policies that bring in hordes of people with cultural values that are incompatible with western ideas of human rights and do nothing to assimilate them into the progressive culture of the countries they arrive in. Leave a bunch of people to their own devices with dangerous third world values and the results are things like homegrown terrorists attacking the native population and honor killings with the victims being those that try to adapt to western ideas (still a problem in canada btw).

I'd think some brute force assimilation would be helpful to curb the rise of home grown terrorism. Forcefully relocate newcomers to neighborhoods that are actually diverse so as to avoid allowing them to exist exclusively amongst their own kind isolated from the rest of the country. They'd have to learn the language of the land and learn to tolerate their neighbors and this would be a good way to integrate them into society.

This post was edited by duffman316 on Jun 21 2017 09:08am
Gold: 9,106.00
Jun 21 2017 09:13am
Quote (duffman316 @ Jun 21 2017 08:08am)

There's a problem with homegrown terrorists growing up in europe and becoming radicalized in isolated muslim enclaves that are breeding grounds for extremism. Too many of these people didn't even grow up in the middle east. I place the blame for this at the feet of multicultural policies that bring in hordes of people with cultural values that are incompatible with western ideas of human rights and do nothing to assimilate them into the progressive culture of the countries they arrive in. Leave a bunch of people to their own devices with dangerous third world values and the results are things like homegrown terrorists attacking the native population and honor killings with the victims being those that try to adapt to western ideas (still a problem in canada btw).

I'd think some brute force assimilation would be helpful to curb the rise of home grown terrorism. Forcefully relocate newcomers to neighborhoods that are actually diverse so as to avoid allowing them to exist exclusively amongst their own kind isolated from the rest of the country. They'd have to learn the language of the land and learn to tolerate their neighbors and this would be a good way to integrate them into society.

Hate to sound like a broken record but it's because Islam is not compatible with western libertine values. Devout Muslims go to their mosques and hear various messages and then step outside and see a very wicked and corrupt world by their standards. They see hedonism, sensuality, drunkenness, homosexuality, etc and end up despising the impurity.
Gold: 500.00
Jun 21 2017 09:16am
Quote (ofthevoid @ Jun 21 2017 10:13am)
Hate to sound like a broken record but it's because Islam is not compatible with western libertine values. Devout Muslims go to their mosques and hear various messages and then step outside and see a very wicked and corrupt world by their standards. They see hedonism, sensuality, drunkenness, homosexuality, etc and end up despising the impurity.

the watered down version of it certainly is, as was the case with the watered down version of other religions in the west
a gay muslim friend of mine got married last year and i'm certain this guy would get thrown off a rooftop in parts of the middle east where they adhere to a less forgiving version of islam
Gold: 77,846.23
Jun 21 2017 09:22am
If all it takes is a YT video to convince people to join Zeitgeist and hail Alex Jones, imagine this effect in the 3rd world. Propaganda videos are the single reason for the exact same ideology being spread worldwide. Worst of all, it's easy to spread.
Is this what old geezers were scared about when they first invented the television?
Gold: 9.87
Jun 21 2017 10:01am
Quote (duffman316 @ Jun 21 2017 10:08am)

In what way was he homegrown if he's a 36 year old Moroccan living in Molenbeek?
Gold: 2,094.99
Jun 21 2017 11:24am
Because Islam
Gold: 260.11
Jun 21 2017 11:33am
Quote (ofthevoid @ Jun 21 2017 09:13am)

Uhhh have you every been in a Baptist church?
Gold: 2,567.00
Jun 21 2017 11:59am
Quote (duffman316 @ Jun 21 2017 11:08am)
Leave a bunch of people to their own devices with dangerous third world values and the results are things like homegrown terrorists attacking the native population and honor killings with the victims being those that try to adapt to western ideas (still a problem in canada btw).

wow really thats messed up can you show me sources for this phenomenon
Gold: 2,267.00
Jun 21 2017 12:00pm
Why would you want to assimilate them? Deportation and closed borders is much better
Gold: 9,106.00
Jun 21 2017 12:04pm
Quote (Thor123422 @ Jun 21 2017 10:33am)
Uhhh have you every been in a Baptist church?

Yes i have, up here in the northeast the "we're going to hell in a handbasket" sermon isn't too common. I get your point but your experience of Christianity comes from a subjective reality you've experienced living in the middle of nowhere. And even with the rural sky is falling preachers almost none are radicalizing people go out into the world and commit acts of terrorism.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
1235Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll