d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > General Help > Iphone 7 Or Galaxy 7
Add Reply New Topic
Gold: 15.00
Jun 21 2017 08:20am
Have a free upgrade. Currently use a s5 Samsung.

Is there any reason to go for Apple? I read battery life is not as great, no expandable memory and no headphone jack. Any good pros to outweigh the cons?
Gold: 0.00
Jun 21 2017 08:25am
Biggest differences is the OS on the two devices

You use the charge jack for headphones usin a converter or you go bluetooth ones

/More a preference than anything tbh.

This post was edited by Kha on Jun 21 2017 08:26am
Gold: 15.00
Jun 21 2017 08:27am
Quote (Kha @ Jun 21 2017 11:25am)
Biggest differences is the OS on the two devices

You use the charge jack for headphones usin a converter or you go bluetooth ones

/More a preference than anything tbh.

Which is faster?
Gold: 495.00
Jun 21 2017 08:42am
Honestly, go Galaxy. I got the 6S iphome when it was new and they dont compare to the shit you can do on androids.
Gold: 0.00
Jun 21 2017 09:36am
iPhone 8 comes out in September, I am not sure if I am waiting or not but my upgrade is in August.
Gold: 1,457.00
Jun 21 2017 10:46am
Here's my opinion, mostly about software, for what it matters. I've been using android exclusively for last 4+ years, and recently got iPhone SE (basically iPhone 6 in smaller form factor) to give it a try. Spoiler alert: after 2-3 months, my wife now has that iPhone.

The good:

- battery life. 3-4 days with low-med usage, sometimes I didn't connect it to outlet for weeks because the quick charge in my car was enough to keep the juice up.
- itunes lock. If someone steals it or you lose it, he will not be able to use it (yes, android also has that feature, but different and in most models totally unreliable)
- camera. Quality comparable to my Nexus 5x, but very fast to snap quick photo. Live photos are great too (record 1-2 seconds video around the picture)
- feels very premium. Metal case, glass front and parts of back

The bad:
- the glass on the back scratched within a week... all my other phones ever are pristine
- application cannot idle in the background. That means no IM, no IRC etc. Doesn't apply to programs using push (eg. whatsapp) but you cannot have reliable networking in the background.
- to install from 3rd party services you need jailbreak or self-sign apps. Self signed work for 7 days if you don't have developers' acc.
- itunes store is looking like internet from 1995. Also few times I had application decide to update RIGHT when I was sitting in a car... without internet access... and it was maps I needed. Had to go back home to catch wifi and let it update, otherwise it wasn't working
- itunes itself is worse than hitler and is required. Also the arcana required to put your own ringtone is just hilarious
- apps cannot draw over each other. So for example having maps started, my antiradar thingy couldn't draw on screen to notify me or let me notify others. Only sound notification worked
- if two apps try to use the same sound channel it will be muted... again, triggered by above. Very weird issue.
- no pattern unlock. Either pin (insecure), password (super fucking annoying) or fingerprint (insecure)
- apple pay just doesn't work outside USA and maybe 3-4 other countries, and only in select currencies. Even if android pay works with the same card.

This post was edited by nuvo on Jun 21 2017 10:48am
Gold: 100.24
Jun 21 2017 10:56pm
Galaxy of course. Check that another thread in general help where you can't EVEN change your clock settings...
Go Back To General Help Topic List
Add Reply New Topic