d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Site Suggestions > Site Suggestions Archive >
Poll > Addition To Report Post > Add Notes : Link Threads
Prev12
Closed New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 381.00
Trader: Trusted
Jun 23 2017 04:25pm
Quote (Spetch @ Jun 23 2017 01:03pm)
Yes but by adding notes to your reports it will only effect our job, not your report. You adding an additional comment to the reported post wont make a differense as i decribed above as we review everything in the topic, not only the specific post reported.

i'm not trying to have you reveal anything you shouldn't, but twice you have mentioned you review a full thread when a post is reported. this seems to be in reply to the 1 example. if this is the case, it's only helping me prove my point. in the 1 example i have given, it is pertaining to someone making multiple threads of the same trade, only with different titles. some titles completely hiding the actual trade, and for this reason. this makes every thread seem legit, when it's actually 24/7 advertising.
i get that many notes could be more of a nuisance to read. i'm just not keen on the idea being shut down because people are skimming the again "minor" example.

the report rules though are very broad and can pertain to many scenarios. this often leaves me wondering even which offense i should be reporting with. especially when reporting threads in conjunction with each other.
i was originally planning to suggest an overhaul of the report post pop-up box. i then thought "other" would be simpler. "other" would be of no use without a description though.

This post was edited by tagged4nothing on Jun 23 2017 04:26pm
Gold: 90.58
Jun 23 2017 04:33pm
meh, if you feel like you need to tell them something just pm a moderator and describe the reported post(s). that's what i did and believe me, action was taken.

the current reporting lists are fine for the site unless they start adding new forums for different atmospheric discussions, which I don't see happening anytime soon

This post was edited by JohnMiller92 on Jun 23 2017 04:34pm
Jun 27 2017 07:47am
1 example... of my example.

searching the users name in the scnl d2 trading forum, there are 3 pages of mostly the same iso's. each page separate appears legit. until you see 3 pages of iso's for Pcombs and 20/5's.
i reported most of these threads 40 hours ago, it does not appear any of them were closed. at least, not nearly enough for me to even notice.

This post was edited by tagged4nothing on Jun 27 2017 07:50am
Jun 30 2017 09:16am
3 days since last post. it appears all 3 pages of the same iso threads are still open.
i have made numerous spam reports in the last 24 hours against 2 additional users using this same exploit. also appearing none of them closed yet, but it is a bit early and understandable either way at this time. although i must admit i think i made 1 false report in the confusion of having mass tabs open on single users.
anyway, i'll wait a couple days before showing these examples.

i do understand extra reading is more work, so perhaps a note section wouldn't be the best option.
however, i have been tracking some users on and off for years and they have used the same exploits without any penalty of warn% or even thread closure. on the very rare case a thread is closed, a new one is created 15minutes later.
it's a repeat cycle that a few of us have noticed. i say this because i notice someone else reporting some of the harder to catch threads along with me in the "usescnl d2" forum.

i would still like to keep the "link multiple thread" idea as an option on the table. these reports identify nothing to such cases as is. if 5 threads were linked to 1 spam report, the moderator could easier see the issue just opening each and seeing only the first posts. many of these cases do require a little searching. after noticing 200+ bumps between multiple threads sharing the same topic, when normal 4 hour bumping rules would only allow 20 in total, the evidence is there with timestamps. i'm reporting all 5 threads anyway, so there should not be any extra work involved. just an organization of the report.

really all i can do is ask the jsp team to discuss something. i have other ideas to handle the subject, but feel as though my words are wasted just because i'm not part of the team.
Go Back To Site Suggestions Archive Topic List
Prev12
Closed New Topic New Poll