d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Best Classic Rush Sorc Skill Tree
Prev123456Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 155.50
Jun 23 2017 01:47pm
Quote (feanur @ 23 Jun 2017 19:53)
Then again, you seem to feel that rushing through nightmare is hard ??

What's so hard about understanding the difference between hard (or say possible, doable e.g.) and fast and comfortable?

And precisely here, 1 point Static covers the whole area of Altar

No. 4-5 points will do it (one point stated, rest items for covering altar area). Mb u don't have + skill items, when u do your first rush. We can talk about, 5 points with items being sufficient or not. But 1 point over all is not. I would advice 10 points for smooth playing.

Investing more points into Ice bolt or Firewall rather than into Static makes the rush faster.
No. The first few points in static are definitely worth it. Rushing with "normal chars" (not lvl 8x with pro gear) is not always just port, tele on single target, static, finish off, done. There are AoE scenarios in which static proofs to be op

http://fs5.directupload.net/images/170623/jmd6br7r.jpg

In this scenario (first run haha, testchar singleplayer) you would port directly in front of altar, out of reach of the many mobs next to altar (Porting to altar with a "normal" rush sorc will cause so much damage, that you definitely have to multiple pot to survive this on hell. Getting pots => spending time => not fast - and besides it's not very convenient). With some points in static no prob. Static --> bodytank 2 or 3 vipern outside altar, you don't need even need to kill those. Firewall Altar => clean. Yes it can be done with higher lvl firewall also, but I highly doubt that it would be faster, especially in 5-8 ppl games :P

Another example: Travincal nightmare..even 8 ppl game: port -> orb 4 some slowing -> static, static, static, Orb, static, orb, static, orb, orb, done. Your method won't be faster by any means.
Gold: 15,245.00
Trader: Trusted
Jun 23 2017 02:23pm
Quote (moonlightshadow @ Jun 23 2017 08:47pm)
(...)
No. 4-5 points will do it (one point stated, rest items for covering altar area). Mb u don't have + skill items, when u do your first rush. We can talk about, 5 points with items being sufficient or not. But 1 point over all is not. I would advice 10 points for smooth playing. (...)

Here we have an agreement. I've never said to use level 1 static, but only to invest only 1 point into it.
5 points (radius 6 yards) :
  • 1 point invested
  • +2 (amulet)
  • +1 (SoJ)
  • +1 (SoJ)

Fast, safe, and cumfortable way to rush.

Your picture is precisely what can be done with level 5 Static : stay safe out of range, cut the life by 95%, and finish with 1 firewall.

(...)
Another example: Travincal nightmare..even 8 ppl game: port -> orb 4 some slowing -> static, static, static, Orb, static, orb, static, orb, orb, done. Your method won't be faster by any means.

I'm sorry but you don't have a point here.
Strong orb (level 24, boosted 40% by ice bolt) clears nightmare Travincal in an eye blink. And if you want to use more Static, just teleport in the middle and do it, where's the problem ?
Nightmare council can't hurt you...

(...) Mb u don't have + skill items, when u do your first rush.
(...)

Maybe this is where our discussion comes from. Since the beginning, I'm talking about a level 8X sorceress using good rare items (anything better than Iratha).
Other situations are only short temporary setups. Don't really worth to be discussed...

PS : 8191 mana sorceress, wow ;)

This post was edited by feanur on Jun 23 2017 02:26pm
Gold: 155.50
Jun 23 2017 03:23pm
Quote (feanur @ 23 Jun 2017 21:23)
8191 mana sorceress, wow

ofc I prefer a mana only vita sucks hard build :rofl: Nah, ofc only fast editor build to get rdy for quick check up :rolleyes: Some years ago, I used to be an little expert in editing chars 4 whatever reason. Nice 4 Testing ofc. I made a classic test sorc with items, stats etc. several years ago, but don't have it anymore. And even if I did...I guess classic is so boring 4 the most ppl here, that almost no one would be interested in it.

Quote (feanur @ 23 Jun 2017 21:23)
Strong orb (level 24, boosted 40% by ice bolt) clears nightmare Travincal in an eye blink. And if you want to use more Static, just teleport in the middle and do it, where's the problem ?

Well, the problem is, that travi mobs are mostly spreaded over some distance, so porting in the middle doing some static won't do the job with low static, but will work very well with some more points in it. Travi 8 ppl nightmare is not a thing of just a few seconds. Ofc it won't last that long, but the thing is, it will last as 3 times as long as it did, when using low static and icebold instead. I've tested it some minutes ago. 3 (!) times faster with static and normal orb compared to only spamming orb. I can upload some videos of that at any time, if wanted.

This post was edited by moonlightshadow on Jun 23 2017 03:25pm
Gold: 4.11
Jul 9 2017 11:09pm
Quote (moonlightshadow @ Jun 23 2017 04:23pm)
ofc I prefer a mana only vita sucks hard build :rofl: Nah, ofc only fast editor build to get rdy for quick check up :rolleyes: Some years ago, I used to be an little expert in editing chars 4 whatever reason. Nice 4 Testing ofc. I made a classic test sorc with items, stats etc. several years ago, but don't have it anymore. And even if I did...I guess classic is so boring 4 the most ppl here, that almost no one would be interested in it.

Well, the problem is, that travi mobs are mostly spreaded over some distance, so porting in the middle doing some static won't do the job with low static, but will work very well with some more points in it. Travi 8 ppl nightmare is not a thing of just a few seconds. Ofc it won't last that long, but the thing is, it will last as 3 times as long as it did, when using low static and icebold instead. I've tested it some minutes ago. 3 (!) times faster with static and normal orb compared to only spamming orb. I can upload some videos of that at any time, if wanted.

No. I would rather do a build like this:

Cold :
Max orb
17 mastery
Ice bolt

Fire:
Max warmth
Max firewall
Fire mastery

Light:
10tele
1static

The rest into icebolt/fire mastery

My sorc does almost 400orb and 7k ish firewall. Yes it kills fast.

This post was edited by D3AD on Jul 9 2017 11:09pm
Gold: 1,665.00
Jul 9 2017 11:27pm

u r funny, u dont know the nm bug.
Jul 10 2017 02:05am
Quote (KaterMikesch @ Jul 10 2017 06:27am)

u r funny, u dont know the nm bug.

Happily, I've done hundreds of rushes, and never faced any "nm bug"... Is it a new monster (a kind of beetle I assume?) that is supposed to spawn here ?
Gold: 23,084.91
Jul 10 2017 07:21am
Quote (feanur @ 10 Jul 2017 10:05)
Happily, I've done hundreds of rushes, and never faced any "nm bug"... Is it a new monster (a kind of beetle I assume?) that is supposed to spawn here ?

Its when fire and light enchanted council ignores your res

I remember losing many hc barbs to it xd
Jul 10 2017 11:35am
Quote (Rusemen @ Jul 10 2017 02:21pm)
Its when fire and light enchanted council ignores your res

I remember losing many hc barbs to it xd

If you're talking about the multiple (and invisible) light or fire bolts released upon death, they never ignored character's resistance.
Never had any problem with 75% res.
And not to mention the fact that sorceress stays out of range...
Gold: 23,084.91
Jul 10 2017 11:59am
Quote (feanur @ 10 Jul 2017 19:35)
If you're talking about the multiple (and invisible) light or fire bolts released upon death, they never ignored character's resistance.
Never had any problem with 75% res.
And not to mention the fact that sorceress stays out of range...

not upon death no, the hurt was very real while the boss was still alive

too long ago sorry

yes thats the bug im talking about, it was fixed in hell, however not in nightmare

https://diablo2.diablowiki.net/Geleb_Flamefinger

"Geleb was exceptionally dangerous prior to v1.09, since his Fire Enchanted death explosion stacked the damage with his Extra Strong modifier, and resulted in an enormously damaging blast, capable of one-hit killing most characters. Hardcore melee battlers especially dreaded killing off Geleb. The v1.09 patch fixed this bug. "

This post was edited by Rusemen on Jul 10 2017 12:05pm
Jul 10 2017 12:56pm
Quote (Rusemen @ Jul 10 2017 06:59pm)
not upon death no, the hurt was very real while the boss was still alive

too long ago sorry

yes thats the bug im talking about, it was fixed in hell, however not in nightmare

https://diablo2.diablowiki.net/Geleb_Flamefinger

"Geleb was exceptionally dangerous prior to v1.09, since his Fire Enchanted death explosion stacked the damage with his Extra Strong modifier, and resulted in an enormously damaging blast, capable of one-hit killing most characters. Hardcore melee battlers especially dreaded killing off Geleb. The v1.09 patch fixed this bug. "

Ok, I get it now. I never noticed this bug in nightmare. As I said, sorceress kills from a distance...
Go Back To Diablo 2 Discussion Topic List
Prev123456Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll