d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Car Audio > Weird Noose Coming From My Driver Side Tweeter
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Jun 18 2017 11:32am
Posted this on Reddit as well. Just getting a bunch of people's opinions before I spend 12 hours trying to figure it out.

https://youtu.be/K4pVAhrrjyE

I had my system installed by an audio shop recommended by several friends. Everything went great until I noticed two different buzzing noises coming from the tweeter installed in on top of the driver side dash (where the stock tweeter was originally). The buzzing noises only happen when I start driving. One increases in frequency while I'm accelerating and the other one sounds like its a sound test. It will increase in frequency every 2 seconds for about 5 times and then decrease in frequency every 2 seconds. This usually is triggered when I slow down.

The audio shop troubleshooted the issue for about 8 hours and couldn't figure out the issue (ya what a joke, you would think people who do this every day can troubleshoot any speaker issues). I disconnected the M-75.4 amp and powered the speakers/tweeters to the head unit thinking it was a bad amp causing the buzz but that didn't work. I swapped the tweeters thinking it was a bad tweeter and the issue still prevailed. That narrows it down to possibly being the crossover causing the issue. I called Crutchfield and they sent me out another set of crossovers + speakers to see if that is indeed the issue.

When I was taking apart the head unit and door panels, I noticed the audio shop did not place the crossovers behind the door panel or head unit. I'm assuming it's mounted somewhere behind the front dash of my 2016 Colorado Crew Cab Z71.

Before I spend a couple hours on taking the front dash off, do you think the issue is the crossover or should I try something else first? The M-75.4 is still disconnected.

Amps: Twisted Sounds 600 and CT Sounds M-75.4 Speakers: Morel Maximo 6 Sub: JL Audio 10TW3-D4
Jun 18 2017 01:51pm
ground loop noise isolator
Jun 18 2017 02:36pm
So how does that work? Where do I put it (beginner in car audio)

btw this noise hjappens when radio is off and nothing is plugged into the headunit

This post was edited by Motorbreath on Jun 18 2017 02:55pm
Jun 19 2017 06:43am
Quote (Motorbreath @ Jun 18 2017 03:36pm)
So how does that work? Where do I put it (beginner in car audio)

btw this noise hjappens when radio is off and nothing is plugged into the headunit

What subwoofer said
Can also happen with bad ground connections.
Also when the rcas are ran the same path as the power wire.
Main 3 things.
Jun 23 2017 05:53am
Turns out the issue was where the driver side crossover was located. I moved it to another location and it stopped getting electrical interference.
Go Back To Car Audio Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll