d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > A. H. A. Spreads Bogus Study > Claims Coconut Oil Causes Heart Disease
Prev1456
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 8,933.00
Jun 20 2017 07:38pm
Quote (EndlessSky @ Jun 20 2017 08:37pm)
Because the number of connections in my brain are over 9000.

Doctors lying about science is generally bad.

It's been a long time since someone reminded me of apples.
Gold: 260.11
Jun 20 2017 07:42pm
Quote (EndlessSky @ Jun 20 2017 07:37pm)
Because the number of connections in my brain are over 9000.

Doctors lying about science is generally bad.

Doctors taking into account the likelihood of patients following through on medical advice is generally good.

The patient has the right to refuse treatment or refuse to fill a prescription in any interaction so long as they are mentally competent. Doctors will generally work with patients to find alternative Solutions if the patient doesn't want to go a certain route. You are also given a nice pamphlet every time you fill a prescription with all of the warnings and side effects associated with your medication, and you can have either your doctor or pharmacist discuss them with you.

Patients always have the truth available and autonomy to participate in care.
Gold: 2,617.52
Jun 20 2017 08:06pm
Quote (Thor123422 @ Jun 20 2017 09:42pm)
Doctors taking into account the likelihood of patients following through on medical advice is generally good.

The patient has the right to refuse treatment or refuse to fill a prescription in any interaction so long as they are mentally competent. Doctors will generally work with patients to find alternative Solutions if the patient doesn't want to go a certain route. You are also given a nice pamphlet every time you fill a prescription with all of the warnings and side effects associated with your medication, and you can have either your doctor or pharmacist discuss them with you.

Patients always have the truth available and autonomy to participate in care.

The truth is that high carb diets cause heart disease though. Saturated fat doesn't cause heart disease.

Its one key detail that doctors don't mention, and it paints a completely different narrative. I agree with everything else you say, in the end you have to rely on what realistically works with patients.
Gold: 45.00
Jun 21 2017 01:38am
Quote (EndlessSky @ Jun 20 2017 09:06pm)
The truth is that high carb diets cause heart disease though. Saturated fat doesn't cause heart disease.

Its one key detail that doctors don't mention, and it paints a completely different narrative. I agree with everything else you say, in the end you have to rely on what realistically works with patients.

High diet in anything is terrible,

Any of those things in high number is bad you need balance and the biggest is you need to be active, you can eat like shit to an extent and just work it off. Certain fats are bad for you as their not metabolised well in our body, but the end of the day its not really our diets its the lack of activity, 100 years ago you still had to put effort into getting your food,

look at Japan their obesity rates are near non existent they live longer and healthier, their diets aren't amazing but what they have is a government program that fines companies for people under the age of 65?? that have a waist size that isn't within certain amount. so guess what? companies have daily workout times for employees.

Its less what people tell you to eat its more based on quantity and your activity level
Gold: 200.83
Jun 21 2017 02:18am
Quote (southpark247 @ Jun 20 2017 11:38pm)
High diet in anything is terrible,

Any of those things in high number is bad you need balance and the biggest is you need to be active, you can eat like shit to an extent and just work it off. Certain fats are bad for you as their not metabolised well in our body, but the end of the day its not really our diets its the lack of activity, 100 years ago you still had to put effort into getting your food,

look at Japan their obesity rates are near non existent they live longer and healthier, their diets aren't amazing but what they have is a government program that fines companies for people under the age of 65?? that have a waist size that isn't within certain amount. so guess what? companies have daily workout times for employees.

Its less what people tell you to eat its more based on quantity and your activity level

it's much easier and faster to consume 1000 calories than burn 1000. I would suspect food consumption is the main problem behind obesity in a modern world where high calorie food is easier to get than ever without having the discipline to say "I wont eat more than I need"

This post was edited by majorblood on Jun 21 2017 02:18am
Gold: 2,617.52
Jun 21 2017 04:40am
Quote (majorblood @ Jun 21 2017 04:18am)
it's much easier and faster to consume 1000 calories than burn 1000. I would suspect food consumption is the main problem behind obesity in a modern world where high calorie food is easier to get than ever without having the discipline to say "I wont eat more than I need"

High carb food releases insulin into the blood stream. Insulin in the blood stream activates hunger pathways. Its a never-ending cycle.

You never feel hungry on high-fat diets.
Gold: 500.00
Jun 21 2017 08:09am
Quote (Thor123422 @ Jun 20 2017 08:02pm)
Guess you never realized that patients have the right to refuse treatment and participate in their own care.

It's okay, you're pathetically ignorant about every other topic, why should this be any different.

it's fine to be fat and aware of the risks but it's a whole other matter when you're refusing medical advice because you're surrounded by people who think it's courageous to refuse to be weighed by a doctor

why is this a thing :wacko: ?

https://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/am_i_being_unreasonable/2193912-To-refuse-to-be-weighed-by-my-GP-nurse
Would you be happy to tell him your weight? I refuse to be weighed by everyone (very triggering as constantly weighed through my teenage years with ED and school weighing me was a trigger for the start of ED) and am pregnant and won't let them weigh me. I've had to explain why and I will and do give them my weight but not get on the scales.

I think if you look severely under/over healthy weight they will probably want to know to suggest things to help, or you may need a BMI for treatment/diagnosis - so for Anorexia Nervosa you are diagnosed partly if your BMI is 17.5 or under, though you can be ED-NOS with a BMI above that or I believe to be considered for gastric band on NHS you need to be above a certain BMI - or at least my friends parents were told they did and had to be weighed.
Gold: 0.00
Jun 21 2017 10:12am
Quote (duffman316 @ 21 Jun 2017 14:09)
it's fine to be fat and aware of the risks but it's a whole other matter when you're refusing medical advice because you're surrounded by people who think it's courageous to refuse to be weighed by a doctor

why is this a thing :wacko: ?

https://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/am_i_being_unreasonable/2193912-To-refuse-to-be-weighed-by-my-GP-nurse

I think everything in that quote sounds relatively reasonable tbh. Mental illness sucks and if being weighed causes her significant distress then she shouldn't have to do it unless there is an explicit and reasonable request put to her.
Gold: 49,142.00
Jun 21 2017 03:57pm
Quote (Skinned @ Jun 19 2017 07:31am)
Who thinks any oil is healthy is what I want to know?

They are though, amount is the only issue
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1456
Add Reply New Topic New Poll