d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > Meal Prep, Bros. > Photos & Recipes
Prev1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 450.51
Jun 23 2017 02:26pm
Quote (Kiss @ Jun 23 2017 06:03pm)
It's probably not stuffed with steroids and other nasty shit lmao

True, this is the main difference. Foods in America is tainted with all kind of shit because they have a lack of proper inspection and penalties on the BIG CORPORATIONS WHO ARE OUT TO GET THE LITTLE MAN!

I get my eggs and potatoes from a farm nearby and it's cheaper than the supermarket.

Chicken in Australia is expensive indeed.
Gold: 68,405.00
Jun 23 2017 02:39pm
Quote (GodisLove @ Jun 23 2017 04:26pm)
True, this is the main difference. Foods in America is tainted with all kind of shit because they have a lack of proper inspection and penalties on the BIG CORPORATIONS WHO ARE OUT TO GET THE LITTLE MAN!

I get my eggs and potatoes from a farm nearby and it's cheaper than the supermarket.

Chicken in Australia is expensive indeed.

How much do you pay for eggs at a farm? And your spot on. Everythings filled with additives and tranquilizer.
Jun 23 2017 03:07pm
Quote (Phillyy @ Jun 23 2017 09:39pm)
How much do you pay for eggs at a farm? And your spot on. Everythings filled with additives and tranquilizer.

I live in The Netherlands, in the least dense part of the country with lots of agriculture and pay ~0,15 Euro per egg.

It's a farm on the road to work, they have a little stall out in front with prices that vary from time to time. I park my car, deposit money in a little box and take 10 eggs for a week. These are eggs from chickens that lay 2 a day, walk around the whole farm and eat normal seeds.

We used to own a smaller breed of chickens and they laid 1 egg a day (unless they were brooding) and you just know you get a good egg. Supermarkets promote their eggs and call them free-range eggs while their free-range is 10cm² per chicken. It's mass production, the food they eat contain steroids to make them shit out 20+ eggs a day and they live like total shit.

Egg! Egg! Egg!

EGGS!
Gold: 68,405.00
Jun 23 2017 09:22pm
Quote (GodisLove @ Jun 23 2017 05:07pm)
I live in The Netherlands, in the least dense part of the country with lots of agriculture and pay ~0,15 Euro per egg.

It's a farm on the road to work, they have a little stall out in front with prices that vary from time to time. I park my car, deposit money in a little box and take 10 eggs for a week. These are eggs from chickens that lay 2 a day, walk around the whole farm and eat normal seeds.

We used to own a smaller breed of chickens and they laid 1 egg a day (unless they were brooding) and you just know you get a good egg. Supermarkets promote their eggs and call them free-range eggs while their free-range is 10cm² per chicken. It's mass production, the food they eat contain steroids to make them shit out 20+ eggs a day and they live like total shit.

Egg! Egg! Egg!

EGGS!

would you recommend eggs for breakfast and chicken for other meals?

trying to meal prep to eat better so I can start lifting and not have to worry about eating complete shit
Gold: 0.00
Jun 23 2017 09:34pm
Quote (Phillyy @ Jun 23 2017 11:22pm)

trying to meal prep to eat better so I can start lifting and not have to worry about eating complete shit

Well it wouldn't be efficient to eat the chicken until after it laid eggs so...

This post was edited by PlatypusLover on Jun 23 2017 09:34pm
Jun 24 2017 12:54am
Quote (Phillyy @ Jun 24 2017 04:22am)

Depending on the day. I like to cook an egg or omelette for breakfast because it goes down easy.
Other day I'm gonna get pancakes for breakfast and put 1 egg with milk and pancake powder in the blender.
And then I like a boiled egg after the workout sometimes.

Eggs don't really belong in any mealprep, except maybe a boiled one in some indonesian dish or a boiled one in an eggball if you like to deepfry, but that's local cuisine and more for dirty bulks!

Chicken for dinner only, I don't like to eat warm meals besides dinner.

Gold: 0.00
Jul 1 2017 09:21am
Okay, this one was an easy prep I will admit. I was feeling lazy.

Lemon Pepper Chicken with Steamed Broccoli

Recipe
Calories per meal ~ 375. (1 1/2 chicken breast and 1 cup broccoli)

Boneless/Skinless chicken breast : $1.69lb.
Broccoli Steamer Bags : $1/ea. x 5

The broccoli bags were the steamer kind that were already frozen. Like I said, I got lazy.

Dice up thawed chicken into 1"/2.5cm squares.
Apply ample seasoning of choice, I used a pre-made lemon pepper seasoning.
Coat in olive oil (for a whole pack of chicken I used probably 4tbsp (place the drippings in the bottom of the mixing bowl into the pan).
Heat pan on medium (6-7) and cook diced chicken for roughly 15-25 minutes (depending on how dry you like your chicken. :D )
In saute pan heat roughly 1/2" of water and add broccoli. Steam for 12-15 minutes or until tender.

The pans are actually reheateable Glad brand from Walmart. They're nice for my non-microwave bros and only like $2/4ct so you can dispose of them and no dishes!
Gold: 369.69
Warn: 20%
Jul 1 2017 10:58am
Quote (GodisLove @ Jun 24 2017 01:54am)
Depending on the day. I like to cook an egg or omelette for breakfast because it goes down easy.
Other day I'm gonna get pancakes for breakfast and put 1 egg with milk and pancake powder in the blender.
And then I like a boiled egg after the workout sometimes.

Eggs don't really belong in any mealprep, except maybe a boiled one in some indonesian dish or a boiled one in an eggball if you like to deepfry, but that's local cuisine and more for dirty bulks!

Chicken for dinner only, I don't like to eat warm meals besides dinner.

http://bin.snmmd.nl/m/m1ny1i5ws424.jpg

WTF :wallbash:
Gold: 369.69
Warn: 20%
Jul 1 2017 11:02am
Quote (Cambridge @ Jul 1 2017 10:21am)

http://i66.tinypic.com/hufuc8.jpg

Recipe

The broccoli bags were the steamer kind that were already frozen. Like I said, I got lazy.

Coat in olive oil (for a whole pack of chicken I used probably 4tbsp (place the drippings in the bottom of the mixing bowl into the pan).
Heat pan on medium (6-7) and cook diced chicken for roughly 15-25 minutes (depending on how dry you like your chicken. :D )
In saute pan heat roughly 1/2" of water and add broccoli. Steam for 12-15 minutes or until tender.

The pans are actually reheateable Glad brand from Walmart. They're nice for my non-microwave bros and only like $2/4ct so you can dispose of them and no dishes!

Can we get better vegetables..
Maybe a medley or some yams
Brussels sprouts
Carrots
Sauteed spinach..
Cmon.
Gold: 301.14
Jul 1 2017 02:01pm
Quote (Cambridge @ Jul 1 2017 11:21am)

http://i66.tinypic.com/hufuc8.jpg

Recipe

Wtf less than $2 per pound?!?! Holy fuck if it's $5 per pound here you're really lucky
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll