d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Computers & IT > Can Someone Tell Me What These Are Please? > Inside Of Cyberpower Pc
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 3,083.00
Jun 10 2017 10:44pm
So, my computer has been experiencing issues, specifically temperature issues and random freezes. I took my side case off and looked around and felt to see if anything was hot. Whatever these blue/aqua things are are extremely hot... it will literally burn your finger. What are these and does anybody know why they would be getting so hot? It's mainly the horizontal ones.

I see it says heatsink there now.. are they supposed to absorb the heat? I think they are causing that side of my tower to get too hot though and it's leading to issues.

This post was edited by ChaosAngel on Jun 10 2017 10:47pm
Gold: 10,655.00
Jun 10 2017 10:51pm

Heat sinks are to absorb heat and then radiate away from the "chip" underneath.

The fact that they are hot, is a good sign that they are working properly. Assuming you haven't messed with the voltage of the chip beneath the heat sink, then all is as it should be.

Do this, to make it easier for us to advise you.

Get SPECCY here: http://www.piriform.com/speccy/download
...get the FREE version from the: Piriform Link
...Speccy is a really nice system hardware/temperature, information Utility.
...simply install it...and run the program...then post a screen shot of the main page of the program, when posting a problem/question on these forums.
Gold: 4,726.42
Jun 10 2017 10:51pm
GG must be broken, RMA it
Gold: 3,083.00
Jun 10 2017 10:55pm
Quote (Ghot @ Jun 11 2017 12:51am)
Heat sinks are to absorb heat and then radiate away from the "chip" underneath.

The fact that they are hot, is a good sign that they are working properly. Assuming you haven't messed with the voltage of the chip beneath the heat sink, then all is as it should be.

Do this, to make it easier for us to advise you.

Get SPECCY here: http://www.piriform.com/speccy/download
...get the FREE version from the: Piriform Link
...Speccy is a really nice system hardware/temperature, information Utility.
...simply install it...and run the program...then post a screen shot of the main page of the program, when posting a problem/question on these forums.

Will do, thanks. Wasn't sure wtf they were until I noticed the little writing next to it. lol thanks
Gold: Locked
Warn: 60%
Jun 10 2017 11:48pm
vrm heatsinks
they will indeed get hot
they will indeed burn your finger, doesn't take much heat to do that.
why is the side of your tower getting hot leading to issues?
dial back your overclock they will cool down but i doubt they are the problem anyway.
Go Back To Computers & IT Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll