d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Love Line > Where Did You Meet Your Wife Or So
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Jun 9 2017 03:07pm
Just curious to hear any stories out there and maybe get some ideas where to hang out or look around
Jun 10 2017 05:07pm
Quote (NoMNoK @ Jun 9 2017 04:07pm)
Just curious to hear any stories out there and maybe get some ideas where to hang out or look around

You know, I've thought about this topic on several occasions.

And I really think there isn't a perfect answer.
For me personally, I don't like bar or club pickup because usually the type of people at those locations aren't really my type of dating material.

Ironically. When I'm not purposefully going to locations to try to scope out women things work out so much better.

I tried going to the mall to get numbers and it was more difficult.
Why? Because I went there not to shop,or for the atmosphere, but instead to get numbers.
I had some decent encounters but my results were bad overall (although it's still a great method to improve social skills and you are always guaranteed to encounter women there).

However, when I go to locations that I enjoy being at or have a true purpose other than getting women for being there, I have better success.
Why? Because I'm not as concentrated and focused on getting the numbers. I solely just welcome new conversations.
Things evolve easier, more naturally and more effortlessly that way.

If you enjoy museums, go to museums. If you enjoy art, go to art galleries. Coffee shop/book store to read, Etc.
People you encounter there will have common ground with you, and the openers you use will be infinitely times easier.
Like at a art museum, "Soo.. that giant turd sculpture, I'm not sure how I felt about that one" Bookstore "What are you reading, what type of genre do you read, etc."
It's funner and more unique than a typical "How's your day going?" (Not that this isn't particularly bad, but the other option is easier to create an extended fun conversation, although if you have the social skills you can make anything work).

Take this post for what it's worth.
All I'm saying is most of my more Successful encounters, dates, etc. were with women I met when I wasn't focused on meeting them, it was more coincidental that I was at the location doing my own thing when I saw a good opportunity present itself.
I didn't care what their response was, (and you never should by the way ) but when I saw some signs of mutual interest, such as her asking questions back at you, her smiling when you smile, a good one- you asking her what her name is with her returning by asking what your name is, etc.then I would go for the kill shot by getting her number (or if you are especially confident you can create a date on the spot and weed out the other BS - When are you free to get together for drinks or coffee?)

This post was edited by GLYC123 on Jun 10 2017 05:17pm
Jun 11 2017 06:51pm
on the job
Jun 12 2017 04:24am
Quote (GLYC123 @ Jun 10 2017 06:07pm)
You know, I've thought about this topic on several occasions.

And I really think there isn't a perfect answer.
For me personally, I don't like bar or club pickup because usually the type of people at those locations aren't really my type of dating material.

Ironically. When I'm not purposefully going to locations to try to scope out women things work out so much better.

I tried going to the mall to get numbers and it was more difficult.
Why? Because I went there not to shop,or for the atmosphere, but instead to get numbers.
I had some decent encounters but my results were bad overall (although it's still a great method to improve social skills and you are always guaranteed to encounter women there).

However, when I go to locations that I enjoy being at or have a true purpose other than getting women for being there, I have better success.
Why? Because I'm not as concentrated and focused on getting the numbers. I solely just welcome new conversations.
Things evolve easier, more naturally and more effortlessly that way.

If you enjoy museums, go to museums. If you enjoy art, go to art galleries. Coffee shop/book store to read, Etc.
People you encounter there will have common ground with you, and the openers you use will be infinitely times easier.
Like at a art museum, "Soo.. that giant turd sculpture, I'm not sure how I felt about that one" Bookstore "What are you reading, what type of genre do you read, etc."
It's funner and more unique than a typical "How's your day going?" (Not that this isn't particularly bad, but the other option is easier to create an extended fun conversation, although if you have the social skills you can make anything work).

Take this post for what it's worth.
All I'm saying is most of my more Successful encounters, dates, etc. were with women I met when I wasn't focused on meeting them, it was more coincidental that I was at the location doing my own thing when I saw a good opportunity present itself.
I didn't care what their response was, (and you never should by the way ) but when I saw some signs of mutual interest, such as her asking questions back at you, her smiling when you smile, a good one- you asking her what her name is with her returning by asking what your name is, etc.then I would go for the kill shot by getting her number (or if you are especially confident you can create a date on the spot and weed out the other BS - When are you free to get together for drinks or coffee?)

I have to agree with this, at least if it's something you are interested in and you meet someone you will already have common interests and something to talk about.
Gold: 0.69
Warn: 50%
Jun 12 2017 11:34pm
The bottom of the lake

The relationship didnt last long
Jun 13 2017 11:47am
tinder
Gold: 28,296.01
Jun 18 2017 03:14pm
I've never looked for a date or a s/o in my life

no bars no clubs no dating apps or dating sites

I live life and I meet people and eventually I meet someone unintentionally but open mindedly

only issue I have is that people find me intimidating because I'm a big guy and very quiet and shy and reserved and that often comes off to others as being unfriendly so usually it takes a girl that wants to peel a few layers of the onion back and that's where I shine

Never had any interest in casual sex or short flings so I avoid places and events that promote or encourage that sort of thing
Gold: 1,495.80
Jun 19 2017 06:18am
Quote (Beowulf @ Jun 18 2017 04:14pm)
I've never looked for a date or a s/o in my life

no bars no clubs no dating apps or dating sites

This

My doge is :wub:
Jun 19 2017 06:26am
A friend said he was gonna DD some of his mom's co-workers. They turned out to be our age, he called me and said come have a drink and meet these girls.

Turns out one was a keeper. For each of us. Out of 6 girls.

Very platonic and natural; they were out wine tasting (I hate wine) and then they laughed when I had sake saying how hypocritical it was.

Very normal conversation, and I never felt more at ease being around "dates" myself my entire life. I showed up in jeans with a Sonics hat (basketball team, RIP) and they also were at ease. Our mutual love for marine life and sharks connected us. I have a friend in South Africa and asked if she'd ever go in a shark cage. She said yeah. After a distance relationship for 8 months (2+ hours) here are now 4 years later.

Sometimes it sorta just falls into your lap.

You don't have to seek it. Just like Beowulf said (just wanted to validate you bro!)

This post was edited by Anton24 on Jun 19 2017 06:26am
Gold: 5,169.82
Jun 19 2017 06:26am
Guild Wars.
Go Back To Love Line Topic List
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll