d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > Path of Exile > Strategy & Guides > Noobish Question About Gems
Add Reply New Topic
Gold: 40.00
Jun 7 2017 11:00pm
lol so basically I know that you can't have more than 1 gem in a link. But what about for another skill that is active while the attack is. for example: herald of ice + hypothermia on say my boots link and on my chest link i have ice crash + hypothermia. Would this work at all?

Please note this is just a hypothetical so the above abilities may not correspond fully to both skills. Hopefully you can understand my overall question though. Thanks in advance.
Gold: 881.89
Jun 8 2017 04:43am
so your mean; is hypothermia will work with armour links + boot links in same time?
if it is, no. thats different skill. you can set "q" a hypothermia and "w" for other hypothermia.
If I can understand correctly :)
Jun 8 2017 09:40am
Quote (PunisherCan @ Jun 8 2017 03:43am)
so your mean; is hypothermia will work with armour links + boot links in same time?
if it is, no. thats different skill. you can set "q" a hypothermia and "w" for other hypothermia.
If I can understand correctly :)

ok maybe that was a bad one. You had the right idea about the boots and chest link but lets say herald of ash + ele damage and herald of ice and ele damage? Would they both work with their own herald and boost overall dmg or will only 1 ele dmg gem be used and the other herald be out a useful gem?

Sorry if that still isn't clear enough, I'm not that great at explaining things with words lol
Jun 8 2017 11:42am
Quote (exiledcrash @ 8 Jun 2017 17:40)
ok maybe that was a bad one. You had the right idea about the boots and chest link but lets say herald of ash + ele damage and herald of ice and ele damage? Would they both work with their own herald and boost overall dmg or will only 1 ele dmg gem be used and the other herald be out a useful gem?

Sorry if that still isn't clear enough, I'm not that great at explaining things with words lol

I change a little. for example; you have 6link chest. ele dmg + added fire dmg + faster attack + summon raging spirit + ancestral warchief totem + cyclone
support gems will suppport (ele dmg + add fire dmg + faster atk ) all your active skill gems (summon raging spirit + ancestral warchief totem + cyclone)
so you can use summon raging spirit +ele dmg + added fire dmg + faster attack
ancestral warchief totem +ele dmg + added fire dmg + faster attack
cyclone+ele dmg + added fire dmg + faster attack

Is that the answer you're looking for?

Jun 8 2017 12:04pm
Quote (PunisherCan @ Jun 8 2017 10:42am)
I change a little. for example; you have 6link chest. ele dmg + added fire dmg + faster attack + summon raging spirit + ancestral warchief totem + cyclone
support gems will suppport (ele dmg + add fire dmg + faster atk ) all your activeskill gems (summon raging spirit + ancestral warchief totem + cyclone)
so you can use summon raging spirit +ele dmg + added fire dmg + faster attack
ancestral warchief totem +ele dmg + added fire dmg + faster attack
cyclone+ele dmg + added fire dmg + faster attack

Is that the answer you're looking for?

Yes, thank you.
Jun 8 2017 01:28pm
Quote (exiledcrash @ 8 Jun 2017 20:04)
Yes, thank you.

I thank you too
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
Add Reply New Topic