d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Love Line > You Guys Know What This Means? > Advice On This Girl I Like
Prev123
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Aug 18 2017 02:47pm
Quote (iDoYardWork @ Aug 18 2017 01:43pm)
All these problems are avoidable by just being real and honest.

If only everyone was real and honest. I agree with you. And it's why when I chime in here I don't beat around the bush and offer personal and tangible advice from experience in the matters.

When you get transparency in a relationship it can be the most liberating thing you'll ever experience.
Gold: 30.00
Aug 18 2017 03:20pm
Quote (Anton24 @ Aug 18 2017 04:47pm)
If only everyone was real and honest. I agree with you. And it's why when I chime in here I don't beat around the bush and offer personal and tangible advice from experience in the matters.

When you get transparency in a relationship it can be the most liberating thing you'll ever experience.

Right. We got on a tangent aND I feel inclined to say I generally enjoy reading your advice.
Aug 18 2017 03:40pm
Quote (iDoYardWork @ Aug 18 2017 03:43pm)
All these problems are avoidable by just being real and honest.

That's entirely true. Like Anton said, its what relationships need and it's a liberating experience. Good, open communication is a necessity for all stages of dating/relationships.
We're all human, and flawed. Good communication sorts that out, and other things.
If something bothers you in a relationship, you need to speak up. If you're seeking to make someone your romantic partner, you need to make your intentions clear. Etc. Etc.

The problem, is people have difficulty doing this. It takes courage, and people will do more to avoid pain, then they will to seek pleasure. Which is why people consistently walk throughout life on eggshells and hesistate.

Which I think, creates problems even more so once you get into relationships. I'm not a perfect person, and I don't expect my partner to be perfect, but I do expect good communication so that we can work together to benefit one another for our own needs, and to mold ourselves into better people.

The key is you speak your truth and go for what you want.
Of course there's healthy ways to do this, as Anton discussed.

Maybe I'm going a bit too far into this. Whatever lol.

This post was edited by GLYC123 on Aug 18 2017 03:46pm
Gold: 30.00
Aug 18 2017 03:51pm
Quote (GLYC123 @ Aug 18 2017 05:40pm)
That's entirely true. Like Anton said, its what relationships need and it's a liberating experience. Good, open communication is a necessity for all stages of dating/relationships.
We're all human, and flawed. Good communication sorts that out, and other things.
If something bothers you in a relationship, you need to speak up. If you're seeking to make someone your romantic partner, you need to make your intentions clear. Etc. Etc.

The problem, is people have difficulty doing this. It takes courage, and people will do more to avoid pain, then they will to seek pleasure. Which is why people consistently walk throughout life on eggshells and hesistate.

Which I think, creates problems even more so once you get into relationships. I'm not a perfect person, and I don't expect my partner to be perfect, but I do expect good communication so that we can work together to benefit one another for our own needs, and to mold ourselves into better people.

The key is you speak your truth and go for what you want.
Of course there's healthy ways to do this, as Anton discussed.

Maybe I'm going a bit too far into this. Whatever lol.

Nah it's good stuff man. I try to exhibit this honesty to EVERYBODY but it is very difficult. I find my social interactions, romantic or otherwise, to be much more rewarding when I succeed at doing so. It's hard, though, especially when I'm anxious about something and somehow decide it's a bad idea to just say it.
Aug 18 2017 03:58pm
Quote (iDoYardWork @ Aug 18 2017 04:51pm)
Nah it's good stuff man. I try to exhibit this honesty to EVERYBODY but it is very difficult. I find my social interactions, romantic or otherwise, to be much more rewarding when I succeed at doing so. It's hard, though, especially when I'm anxious about something and somehow decide it's a bad idea to just say it.

Yes, exactly, and it's a journey. There's good ways to do it, and there's also times when brutal honesty really isn't appropriate. Good judgment is required.
Go Back To Love Line Topic List
Prev123
Add Reply New Topic New Poll