d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > Other Games > Retro Game Finds > Thrifting
Prev1444546
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 10,678.00
Jul 2 2023 10:11am
I think about doing this kind of thing all the time - pretty much any time I visit Half Price Books.

The time spent is pretty apparently not worth the paltry pay out, but it would be fun trying to find rare games at a decent price and reselling them.

Most of these games are common, right?
Gold: 805.00
Jul 2 2023 11:17am
Quote (TheE1337 @ Jul 2 2023 10:11am)
I think about doing this kind of thing all the time - pretty much any time I visit Half Price Books.

The time spent is pretty apparently not worth the paltry pay out, but it would be fun trying to find rare games at a decent price and reselling them.

Depends on what you mean by common, I guess. I have been doing this for like 5 years. Here are some notable ‘pricy’ games I got for a fraction of the price: tactics ogre (disc only) for $1, Megan Man 1 for $4, Pokemon XD Gale of darkness for $2, Baten Kaitos for $1, Dino Crisis for $1… so on and so forth.

In general, people are more aware these days that there is a market for retro video games; it’s been harder and harder to find good deals as the years have gone on.

I agree with you that, for most people, it is not worth the time. If you want to buy a specific game, you will likely never find it for a thrift price and it would be much more reasonable use of your time to find it online. If all you want to do is play that specific game, just emulate it!

It is worth it to me because I enjoy thrifting/flipping as a hobby! Also, I buy much much much more stuff to flip than what is posted here (books, comics, vhs, dvd’s, trading cards, board games, etc). There are many things I look for when I am out there. If I only sought out video games, I would leave empty handed 95% of the time lol
Gold: 133.00
Jul 12 2023 06:49am
Quote (TheE1337 @ 2 Jul 2023 18:11)

What hes doing is amazing and its worth the time.
Every game posted in the topic is epic and there are treasures posted.
Gold: 133.00
Jul 12 2023 06:54am
Quote (MrDestroyer @ 2 Jul 2023 19:17)
Depends on what you mean by common, I guess. I have been doing this for like 5 years. Here are some notable ‘pricy’ games I got for a fraction of the price: tactics ogre (disc only) for $1, Megan Man 1 for $4, Pokemon XD Gale of darkness for $2, Baten Kaitos for $1, Dino Crisis for $1… so on and so forth.

In general, people are more aware these days that there is a market for retro video games; it’s been harder and harder to find good deals as the years have gone on.

I agree with you that, for most people, it is not worth the time. If you want to buy a specific game, you will likely never find it for a thrift price and it would be much more reasonable use of your time to find it online. If all you want to do is play that specific game, just emulate it!

It is worth it to me because I enjoy thrifting/flipping as a hobby! Also, I buy much much much more stuff to flip than what is posted here (books, comics, vhs, dvd’s, trading cards, board games, etc). There are many things I look for when I am out there. If I only sought out video games, I would leave empty handed 95% of the time lol

This topic gaming :drool:
Gold: 805.00
Aug 1 2023 06:59am
Bump to keep this thread from closing.
In the middle of a move so don’t have time to post.
But updates will be coming eventually :)
Gold: 1,580.00
Warn: 10%
Aug 14 2023 07:40pm
Quote (MrDestroyer @ Jun 17 2017 03:19pm)
Love Crash, I will definitely pick it up if I see it! :)

Sold clayfighter today for $7.

Gonna check out some garage sales tomorrow~

Profit:$34/$32/-$2

You sold clayfighter for $7 !?!

Hindsight talking here, but I bet looking back this one hurts :rofl:

Edit: nvm, it’s clayfighter 63 1/3 that’s the expensive one.

This post was edited by Nwotmik on Aug 14 2023 07:41pm
Gold: 485.00
Aug 19 2023 08:48am
I think I asked you this before but have you posted pics of your entire game room? With all this old stuff I'm assuming you properly use CRT tvs and possibly have done internal mods to certain systems and/or use scart for the 240p output consoles.

I wanna see a clean set up.

This post was edited by ScottMog on Aug 19 2023 08:48am
Go Back To Other Games Topic List
Prev1444546
Add Reply New Topic New Poll