d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > Other Games > Retro Game Finds > Thrifting
Prev1789101146Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 805.00
Jul 16 2018 05:25pm
Sorry it's been a minute. Been out of town and too busy to hit up many sales. I picked up a couple things recently though!

3 random games from a thrift store for $14

Castevania II: Simon's Quest for the Nintendo Entertainment System
Ni No Kuni: The Wrath of the White Witch for Playstation 3

Castlevania II is very old school Konami. A fun game but imo hasn't aged too well compared to some of the later castlevania games.
I haven't played too many in the series but compared to Symphony of the Night and Super Castlevania IV, it feels too rigid.

Ni No Kuni is a pretty interesting RPG for the PS3.
The animation and graphics were worked on by studio Ghibli which means it looks great!
It really looks amazing on the PS3, honestly rivals some modern PS4 games I've seen.
I played for a little bit but I don't think I will finish it. The game play s well as an RPG, but it is a little too anime heavy for me..

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 for the Nintendo Gamecube

I love Tony Hawk games. I think the TH1 is the first game that really got me excited about video games.
My first system was a Sega Gensis but it was mostly my older brother's. I was a little too young to really understand how to play any of the games.
TH1 kept my attention endlessly as a kid because it was so free flowing and forgiving (especially for the era).

I really loved 1-3, but only had them for Playstation. I'm trying to build up my Gamecube collection so I will gladly keep TH3 :)

This is one I was really excited about!

Elemental Gimmick Gear (EGG) for the Sega Dreamcast (disc only)

I have wanted this game for so long! It's a really weird but interesting game.
It's pretty much a Zelda style game for the Dreamcast. It is 95% top down 2D animation and hand drawn backgrounds.
It didn't do well in the time with gamers of the day demanding new 3D games, but it has aged well.
I read that it started out as a Sega Saturn game but was delayed too long. I think if this was released on its intended console it would have been a classic.

The story is very unique.. I'm too lazy to explain it here.
But it's a Zelda style game at it's core. You go to dungeons, get new useful items (in the form of mech suit upgrades) that let you get to the next dungeon.

I have only played a couple hours and it is fun! Fun but hard. Really hard and unforgiving actually.
Your attack has some of the most limited range of any action RPG I've played. There is no map and it's not always clear where to go.
Some areas have enemies that are incredibly strong around the opening town. It's hard to know if I just suck or I'm going the wrong way.

I am excited to get through it though!

I got this for $25 on an internet auction. I hate buying loose discs but $25 was a steal. Complete this game goes $60-75.
I had to jump on it to give it a try lol

Oh I sold Mario Galaxy for $8

Profit: $551/$472/-$79

Have a bunch to sell, finally listed everything today~
Jul 18 2018 05:25pm
sold Pokémon XD for $30
Sold GTA V for $8
Sold Ni No Kuni for $18

Profit: $551/$528/-$23
Jul 21 2018 01:03pm
Picked up a little Wii game lot off Craigslist the other day

Metroid Prime 3 Corruption for Nintendo Wii
Sonic and the Black Knight for Nintendo Wii

I have never played any of the first person Metroid games, but I hear they are great!
Kind of a bummer to find the 3rd in the series, but for this cheap I am happy to pick it up.
I have been keeping an eye out for the Gamecube Metroid Primes for a while.. I'll probably play those first before I get to this.
But I'm happy to have it in my collection :)

I don't know anything about Sonic and the Black Knight. Haven't played a 3D sonic game since adventure 2 longgg ago.
There are so many bad Sonic games. Maybe this one is fun? I'll give it a try.

Rayman Origins for Nintendo Wii
Kirby's Epic Yarn for Nintendo Wii

Rayman has always been synonymous with great 2.5D classic platforming.
I haven't played the Wii version. Does it use motion controls? I don't know!
Will find out soon :)

I am not the biggest fan of Kirby games tbh.
But Epic Yarn is definitely a unique game with its yarn-like graphic style.
It had a lot of hype at release. Never got a chance to play it but will now!

Super Monkey Ball Banana Blitz for Nintendo Wii
Zelda Twilight Princess for Nintendo Wii
Legend of Zelda Collector's Edition for Nintendo Gamecube

If you have read through this thread you know that my favorite games are RPGs and arcade style games.
Super Monkey Ball is a great series and the integration of motion controls makes it a perfect fit for the Wii.
The series seems to not be as popular as it once was but I love Super Monkey Ball!

Twilight Princess is a great Zelda game. I've been a huge Zelda fan ever since I played Ocarina of Time of a young kid.
I am a little bit biased and prefer the 3D games. Haven't played Twilight Princess in maybe ~10 years, but I still own it.
I will sell this copy.

The collectors edition for gamecube was a surprising bonus. It wasn't listed on the Craiglist sale and I found it in the Twilight Princess case lol
Pretty cool, somewhat valuable game. It's in good shape but I hate loose discs.. I'll probably sell it :)

Got the whole lot for $5.

I can't say it enough, the time to buy for Wii is now! So many good games and I frequently see them for ~$1.

Profit: $556/$528/-$28

Jul 21 2018 01:13pm
Went to some garage sales this morning. It started to rain so I didn't hit up too much:

Dynasty Warriors 6 for Playstation 3 (Japan)
Rage Racer for Playstation 1

I'm pretty sure it is Dynasty Warrior? I'm not actually sure.

Not sure why I picked it up. I think PS3s are region locked and it will probably be hard to sell.
I don't know, I just don't find too many import games at garage sales.

Rage Racer is a pretty good arcade racer. Nothing really unique about it, kind of a poor man's Grand Turismo.
I like racing games and Rage Racer isn't too common. Happy to have it.

Got these games for $2.

Stopped by my local game store to peek through the bargain bin since my garage sale day was cut short.
Found a couple cool things:

Wave Race Blue Storm for Nintendo Gamecube
Resident Evil Zero for Gamecube

Unfortunately no manual for either game -_-

I definitely have some nostalgia for Wave Race Blue Storm.
The first time I ever saw a Gamecube in person was at my neighbors house and this was the only game he had.
It's a really good racer, a sequel to the highly regarded N64 game.
Jet ski racing is kind of a weird premise for a game, but the water physics add a fresh layer to the racing genre.

I have way too many Resident Evil games now and I still haven't played any of them! Uhg, why do I fall for this trap?
Well, it was cheap and came with both discs. Why not?

Got the 2 Gamecube games for $8.

Profit: $574/$528/-$36
Jul 24 2018 05:59pm
Bought a mostly Xbox 360 lot on Craigslist.

I don't own an Xbox and I haven't played many of the games. :)
I don't know too much about these games, but here is what I got:

Mirror's Edge for Xbox 360
Alan Wake for Xbox 360

Mirror's edge had a lot of hype around release. It's a visually stunning parkour-like action game.
There are some light FPS moments too, but the game's strength is the free running through levels.
I played this game on a friend's PS3 when it first came out, I really like the game!
Don't know how it has held up. I wish I could play it!

I love Twin Peaks and thus I am familiar with Alan Wake. Survival horror-type game with a very specific aesthetic.
Never played it, seems neat though.

Bayonetta for Xbox 360
Dark Void for Xbox 360

Bayonetta is some of Sega's best work for this era. Really cool action game.
I have only played it a few times, but it's a lot of fast hack and slash fun.
Really cool style too, I love that Sega touch.

Never heard of Dark Void, but being a Capcom game I was interested enough to look it up.
It looks good! An interesting mixture of a third person shooter and I guess an arcade plane dog fighting game?
You fly around fast a on jet pack and shoot down your enemies. I guess it didn't sell too well.
Don't know why, it shares some features of other popular games at the time.
I guess no online multiplayer didn't help :rolleyes:

This post was edited by MrDestroyer on Jul 24 2018 06:15pm
Jul 24 2018 06:13pm
Brutal Legend for Xbox 360
Red Dead Redemption for Xbox 360

Brutal Legend or what probably should be "Guitar Hero RPG".
Looks horrible. I guess it has Jack Black as a voice actor?
I'm sure it is riddled with bad heavy metal cliches -_-

Red Dead Redemption. It's a Rare developed game.
Think Grand Theft Auto but a Western. Blah blah
I am not a fan of most open world games.
To be fair I've never played this game

Assassin's Creed III for Xbox 360
Baten Kaitos for Gamecube

Assassin's Creed. I'm sure it's good?
I've never played one of these titles :)

Baten Kaitos is why I bought this lot. I have always wanted to play this game!
Kind of an under the radar JRPG for the Gamecube.
It is somewhat hard to come across, but this one is in great condition and complete.
It mixes in a card game like strategy to the battle system. I don't know, kind of hard to explain.
Looks interesting though, but I think it is a really long game, like ~50+ hours.
I'll get to it eventually!

Got this whole lot for $5. That was a great deal for Baten Kaitos alone.
All these 360 games are just for resale. Kind of sad, some are good titles but I can't play them :)

Profit: $571/$528/-$43
*I messed up the math last time lol

Jul 30 2018 07:39am
Sold Valis for $25

Profit: $571/$553/-$18
Aug 17 2018 03:34pm
Picked up 3 games from Half Priced Books for $3

Croc 2 for Playstation 1

I have never played a Croc game, but they were quite popular in the Playstation 1 era.
It's some of the earliest 3D games on home console and a cult classic for early 3D platforming fans.
Unfortunately, most games from that era have aged poorly and this game is no Mario 64 or Banjo Kazooie..

I'll sell it, it's definitely worth more than $1, even without the manual.

Goldeneye Rogue Agent for Gamecube

I am not the biggest fans of licensed games.
I also don't know much about James Bond or this game..
I'm sure it's fine, but I will buy any muliti-disc Gamecube game for cheap.
This one is in great condition and complete too :)

Extreme G Racing 3 for Gamecube

A fun arcade-style racing game. Very much like F-Zero but on a motorcycle.
The graphics are surprisingly smooth for an early Gamecube game and you really feel like you are driving fast.
Each racer has a weapon, attacking other racers and watching your health is a big part of this game.

I had never heard of it before I picked it up. It's surprisingly fun :)

Profit: $574/$553/-$21
Gold: 449.01
Trader: Trusted
Aug 18 2018 01:47pm
Good stuff :thumbsup:

Tracking
Sep 5 2018 02:28pm
Sold my Ps1 and a few random games (rainbow six, Medal of Honor, some sports titles, etc.) for $20

Profit: $574/$573/-$1
Go Back To Other Games Topic List
Prev1789101146Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll