d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > Other Games > Retro Game Finds > Thrifting
Prev1234546Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 805.00
Jul 2 2017 08:48am
Sold the rest of the Wii lot for $40 and Animal Crossing for $7

Everything from last weekend sold quick. Doubled my money so far. hopefully I can start finding more titles I want to keep!
Looking for select GameCube games, select GBA games, and anything I don't have for Dreamcast... maybe a Super Nintendo

Profit: $73.5/$167/$93.5
Jul 5 2017 07:04pm
Sold the Parasite Eve case for $5. I can't seem to flip a ps2 title but a ps1 case no problem

Namco Museum for original Xbox

Kind of a stupid pickup lol
Saw this for $3 at goodwill and it intrigued me. I know some retro collections can have some value and I figured I might be able to flip it for $10.
It has a cool collection of games but I don't have an original Xbox and it's basically worthless. Maybe worth $5 at most :rolleyes:

Maken X for Dreamcast

Not a "Thrift" find, but game I have been really interested in for a while.
Got it at a local game store for $17, a fair price.

It's a really cool game, a first person sword fighter published by Atlus.
The controls are a little clunky but solid for a Dreamcast first person game with 1 control stick
It has a similar target system to Ocarina of Time and you can play with different character by "brainjacking" them.
Only a couple hours into it but liking it so far; I love the animation style, this game really has that late 90s Sega feel to it. :)

I wanted to include it in my totals because I'm not just doing this to make money, but to get some games I want to play without spending too much.

Not for resale!

Profit: $93.5/$172/$78.5

This post was edited by MrDestroyer on Jul 5 2017 07:09pm
Jul 12 2017 03:53pm
Metal Gear Solid VR Missions and Spider-Man for Playstation 1

Never heard of this MGS game before. I am a fan of the series but have only played through the first one and Twin Snakes remake for Gamcube.
I think this version of Spider-Man is somewhat sought after..

Rainbow Six and Fighting Force 2 for Playstation 1

I wish Fighting Force was the Dreamcast version <_<

Nothing crazy but a nice little haul for one Goodwill trip; picked up all 4 for $8. I think I can get ~$15 for the Spider-Man game alone :)

Profit:$101.5/$172/$70.5

Gold: 73,065.00
Jul 13 2017 11:01pm
Tracking
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Warn: 10%
Jul 14 2017 01:52pm
Where do you live? Never find shit around here from Goodwill/Thrift stores.

Nice little collection starting though.

/e Tactics Ogre would have made you a lot if it came with the case, loose copy is still a decent price though.

Just read you only sold it for $25, could have easily made double loose.

This post was edited by Noobalator on Jul 14 2017 01:55pm
Jul 14 2017 02:08pm
Quote (Noobalator @ Jul 14 2017 01:52pm)
Where do you live? Never find shit around here from Goodwill/Thrift stores.

Nice little collection starting though.

/e Tactics Ogre would have made you a lot if it came with the case, loose copy is still a decent price though.

I live in a Bloomington, Indiana.

I find goodwill to be hit or miss based on location. There are 2 goodwills in my town and one rarely has anything gaming related; when they do it is frequently a shit GameCube or PS3 title in the locked case for $10... way over retail for most of the games as it is. The other one has good stuff from time to time.

PlayStation 1 games seem to be the most frequent things I see at a thrift store that are a good deal. Rarely do I look at a section if they are displaying games. Rather, I look through bulk used CDs or VHS and find some games (mistakenly?) thrown in there. I may appear lucky at goodwill from my posts but I go twice a week and 9 times out of 10 find nothing lol :)

Garage sales are a better way to go if your only goal is to resell

Edit: I agree, in retrospect I sold ogre tactics too cheap but I'm no expert on prices haha

This post was edited by MrDestroyer on Jul 14 2017 02:09pm
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Warn: 10%
Jul 14 2017 07:30pm
Quote (MrDestroyer @ Jul 14 2017 03:08pm)
I live in a Bloomington, Indiana.

I find goodwill to be hit or miss based on location. There are 2 goodwills in my town and one rarely has anything gaming related; when they do it is frequently a shit GameCube or PS3 title in the locked case for $10... way over retail for most of the games as it is. The other one has good stuff from time to time.

PlayStation 1 games seem to be the most frequent things I see at a thrift store that are a good deal. Rarely do I look at a section if they are displaying games. Rather, I look through bulk used CDs or VHS and find some games (mistakenly?) thrown in there. I may appear lucky at goodwill from my posts but I go twice a week and 9 times out of 10 find nothing lol :)

Garage sales are a better way to go if your only goal is to resell

Edit: I agree, in retrospect I sold ogre tactics too cheap but I'm no expert on prices haha

That's actually not too far off from where I was living last month (Evansville, In). Most of my finds typically came from Craigslist/some local comic book store.

I also collect steelbooks of current/last gen games, and for those I always went to a place called Super Mega Replay in town since they always priced them the same as actual games.

Would get a $30 steelbook for around $10, same with the collectors editions as they sold them at the same price. Hell, anything cheaper than ebay is a win for me.

This post was edited by Noobalator on Jul 14 2017 07:31pm
Jul 18 2017 07:17pm
Quote (Noobalator @ Jul 14 2017 07:30pm)
That's actually not too far off from where I was living last month (Evansville, In). Most of my finds typically came from Craigslist/some local comic book store.

I also collect steelbooks of current/last gen games, and for those I always went to a place called Super Mega Replay in town since they always priced them the same as actual games.

Would get a $30 steelbook for around $10, same with the collectors editions as they sold them at the same price. Hell, anything cheaper than ebay is a win for me.

Ah, a fellow Hoosier. I've only lived in Indiana for a year and half but I have been surprised how much I like living in Bloomington. I have never been to Evansville but I visit family in Oklahoma from time to time and drive by that way.. maybe I'll check out Super Mega Replay someday

Picked up a new Dreamcast game, Carrier:

Traded in a couple games to a local game store that I picked up recently (FFX (had 2 copies), Namco Museum, and Smuggler's Run because I had it listed for $5 with no takers for over a month..) and paid $10 cash.

Never played a survival horror for the Dreamcast. I want to also pick up Resident Evil Code Veronica and Dino Crisis too... hopefully I can find them for cheap sometime lol

Happy to add another game to my meager 12 game Dreamcast Library :)

Not for resale!

Profit:$111.5/$172/$60.5
Jul 19 2017 06:43am
Sold Super Mario Advance for $11

Profit:$111.5/$183/$71.5
Jul 22 2017 10:04am
Sold Spider-Man today for $12

Picked up a couple more Playstation 1 games:

Galaga Destination Earth and Tunnel B1

Never heard of the Galaga game.. but it was in good condition and seemed interesting.
I think Tunnel B1 is a pretty early release for the playstation. I know it was released on the Sega Saturn too.
It's an interesting game, it's like a mix between Fzero and Twisted Metal. The mechanics and first person view make me feel dizzy though

Got them at Goodwill for $3. Mediocre titles always from Goodwill :)

Profit: $114.5/$195/$80.5
Go Back To Other Games Topic List
Prev1234546Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll