d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Science, Technology & Nature > Ocd > How To Beat It
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 259.00
May 24 2017 03:26pm
Do you suffer from Obsessive Compulsive Disorder?
Do you excel from Obsessive Compulsive Disorder?

Thoughts?

Gold: 5,169.82
May 24 2017 03:46pm
I can say with almost 100% certainty that none of the people who frequent d2jsp have this disorder.

Most people have some things they are a bit obsessive about. I, for instance, cannot stand it when a cable's excessive length isn't perfectly rolled up. That has nothing to do with OCD though. It's not even a symptom.
Gold: 0.00
Jun 3 2017 09:16am
how could you even be close to 100% sure?
Gold: 17,384.69
Jun 8 2017 05:36pm
Since OCD make you repeat the same actions so you can use tools like a board or anything "forcing" or reminding you to stop it.
Like you wash your hands 50 times per day: you put a "STOP" board in the kitchen & bathroom.

Gold: 4.41
Jun 23 2017 01:52am
Quote (Saucisson6000 @ Jun 8 2017 11:36pm)
Since OCD make you repeat the same actions so you can use tools like a board or anything "forcing" or reminding you to stop it.
Like you wash your hands 50 times per day: you put a "STOP" board in the kitchen & bathroom.

Theres some of those about on the side of the road,
Gold: 10,665.00
Jun 23 2017 09:48am
Quote (Leevee @ 25 May 2017 00:46)
I can say with almost 100% certainty that none of the people who frequent d2jsp have this disorder.

Most people have some things they are a bit obsessive about. I, for instance, cannot stand it when a cable's excessive length isn't perfectly rolled up. That has nothing to do with OCD though. It's not even a symptom.

OCD detected.

Poor guy doesnt even know it :p

Btw ur whole thought process screams "below average intelligence" so i guess OCD is the least of ur worries.

This post was edited by luckspin on Jun 23 2017 09:49am
Gold: 320.69
Jul 14 2017 11:55pm
Quote (Saucisson6000 @ 8 Jun 2017 18:36)

I wish this was true :(

Diagnosed with OCD when I was in 3rd Grade. My main "focuses" are compulsive thoughts and physical tics.
Everyday is a struggle. It got easier as I got older, but mostly only from understanding what was happening better. Some of the physical tics left permanent damage because they caused me to do things my body shouldn't do. Great example was an eye twitch that I had to do for a few years. Ended up tearing one of my ocular muscles. Didn't heal 100% right, and the surgery is beyond expensive.

Medicine is incredibly hit and miss, the physical therapy treatments that have a high rate of success are not covered by any insurance and are, once again, astronomically expensive. I found a medicine that worked, not for the compulsive thoughts, but for the tics, but it made me gain weight at an incredible speed (I was gaining weight, even at a 1500 Cal/day intake plus exercise), and demolished my sex drive. I was more miserable from the side effects than I was without taking the meds at all. Haven't found one since then that did anything but make it worse.

OCD is a living nightmare. I wouldn't wish it on even the worst of people.

Sorry for the rant. People think that just reminding yourself, or just "thinking better" fixes it. "Mind over matter"... If that worked, why the fuck would I be like this.

Quote (Jabuke @ 24 May 2017 16:26)
Do you suffer from Obsessive Compulsive Disorder?
Do you excel from Obsessive Compulsive Disorder?

Thoughts?

OCD is hell.

This post was edited by BMNation on Jul 15 2017 12:06am
Gold: 17,384.69
Jul 15 2017 03:42am
Quote (BMNation @ 15 Jul 2017 06:55)
I wish this was true :(

Diagnosed with OCD when I was in 3rd Grade. My main "focuses" are compulsive thoughts and physical tics.
Everyday is a struggle. It got easier as I got older, but mostly only from understanding what was happening better. Some of the physical tics left permanent damage because they caused me to do things my body shouldn't do. Great example was an eye twitch that I had to do for a few years. Ended up tearing one of my ocular muscles. Didn't heal 100% right, and the surgery is beyond expensive.

Medicine is incredibly hit and miss, the physical therapy treatments that have a high rate of success are not covered by any insurance and are, once again, astronomically expensive. I found a medicine that worked, not for the compulsive thoughts, but for the tics, but it made me gain weight at an incredible speed (I was gaining weight, even at a 1500 Cal/day intake plus exercise), and demolished my sex drive. I was more miserable from the side effects than I was without taking the meds at all. Haven't found one since then that did anything but make it worse.

OCD is a living nightmare. I wouldn't wish it on even the worst of people.

Sorry for the rant. People think that just reminding yourself, or just "thinking better" fixes it. "Mind over matter"... If that worked, why the fuck would I be like this.

OCD is hell.

Motor tics and obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) are two distinct disorders, but yes, people having physical issue are have much more OCD too...
For sure theres was no way to use a trick for your eye, what i can say will not help you anyway:
- why your parents didnt tried to fix it earlier, when it started ?
- in france we have free healthcare

Yes it's bad, and i think you should try to get your surgery asap, maybe in another country.
Gold: 320.69
Jul 15 2017 09:21am
Quote (Saucisson6000 @ 15 Jul 2017 04:42)
Motor tics and obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) are two distinct disorders, but yes, people having physical issue are have much more OCD too...
For sure theres was no way to use a trick for your eye, what i can say will not help you anyway:
- why your parents didnt tried to fix it earlier, when it started ?
- in france we have free healthcare

Yes it's bad, and i think you should try to get your surgery asap, maybe in another country.

The motor tics were looked into a few times, and every time the doctors said it was undoubtedly associated with the OCD, but regardless, to answer the questions:

1. My parents did their best, but part of having the OCD when I was young, I was scared and didn't understand why I was different (what child could fully grasp a neurological disorder), so I was very moody and had a lot of behavioral problems to boot. Pushing my parents away a lot didn't help me, certainly, but I didn't know any better. It is what it is.

2. I live in the United States. 'Nuff said.

This post was edited by BMNation on Jul 15 2017 09:22am
Gold: 3.37
Jul 17 2017 05:25am
Quote (luckspin @ Jun 23 2017 10:48am)
OCD detected.

Poor guy doesnt even know it :p

Btw ur whole thought process screams "below average intelligence" so i guess OCD is the least of ur worries.

Idiot.
Go Back To Science, Technology & Nature Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll