d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Science, Technology & Nature >
Poll > Flat Earth Vs Globe Earth
Prev1234119Next
Closed New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 1,253.69
May 17 2017 06:23pm
another thing I noticed is that card very often brings up religion when defending his beliefs.... he likes to point out that people worship a sun god or something in order to avoid the fact that he may be wrong.

you see maybe when he was young his parents would have done the same thing to others who doubted "their" religious perspective... and as a result his parents would assert their authority by making claims of hellfire and brimstone, and maybe when card would see his parents doing these things he just accepted that as a normal behavior, maybe he was afraid that if he didn't emulate that behavior he wouldn't be accepted by the family unit....

and so now he continues to confuse scientific beliefs with religious dogma... and eventually you have a man so desperate for his parents approval that he continues to rely on the single most effective way to defend his belief, by dismissing scientific evidence in order to remain a member of his family unit....

it's very simple child psychology.... it's very possible that we are dealing with someone like this.....
Gold: 8,933.00
May 17 2017 07:02pm
Quote (caswallen @ May 17 2017 07:12pm)
it's hard to understand where card is coming from.... often peoples psychosis and delusions are a result of their environment... maybe cards family are those types that say the government is always lying to everyone, and that NASA and scientists are going to hell because they don't believe in the same god as them.....

maybe cards family instilled the fear of government in him at a very young age.... perhaps even younger than when we all learned the earth was sphere, and that caused a paranoid delusion to develop which skewed his understanding of how science works.... you see when a young person is given the choice between believing what their parents believe, or a strangers belief, well they would most likely choose to believe their parents mistakes... because they might feel their parents will be mad at them for disagreeing with them.....

so if anything, maybe cards pathological need to earn his parents approval has caused a complete disassociation to scientific method and a constant need to defend his parents beliefs to everyone who disagrees with them?

Quote (caswallen @ May 17 2017 07:23pm)
another thing I noticed is that card very often brings up religion when defending his beliefs.... he likes to point out that people worship a sun god or something in order to avoid the fact that he may be wrong.

you see maybe when he was young his parents would have done the same thing to others who doubted "their" religious perspective... and as a result his parents would assert their authority by making claims of hellfire and brimstone, and maybe when card would see his parents doing these things he just accepted that as a normal behavior, maybe he was afraid that if he didn't emulate that behavior he wouldn't be accepted by the family unit....

and so now he continues to confuse scientific beliefs with religious dogma... and eventually you have a man so desperate for his parents approval that he continues to rely on the single most effective way to defend his belief, by dismissing scientific evidence in order to remain a member of his family unit....

it's very simple child psychology.... it's very possible that we are dealing with someone like this.....

I believe it is perfectly valid to describe those who are developmentally or psychologically un/under-developed as "retarded." Forgive me for being succinct. I see your point, I'm just shooting for brevity.
Gold: 174.69
May 17 2017 09:36pm
Quote (caswallen @ May 18 2017 09:53am)

You are forgetting that card and myself used to believe in the globe earth, just like you still do. So according to you and Santara, card and I used to be "normal & intelligent" people who believed in Heliocentrism.
And suddenly we evolved (or De-volved) into retards or brain-dead people because we did some research and changed our beliefs..........yeh, sound logic and strong argument right there.
Gold: 9,765.00
Warn: 60%
May 17 2017 10:18pm
Quote (ChivasRegal @ May 17 2017 05:36pm)
You are forgetting that card and myself used to believe in the globe earth, just like you still do. So according to you and Santara, card and I used to be "normal & intelligent" people who believed in Heliocentrism.
And suddenly we evolved (or De-volved) into retards or brain-dead people because we did some research and changed our beliefs..........yeh, sound logic and strong argument right there.

The evidence that Santard is actually retarded at least emotionally is overwhelming as proved by the fact he needs to strawman and use ad-hominem attacks on people personally instead of debating the actual topic by trying to deflect from the fact there is no logical or reasonable evidence that shows the earth to be a ball. His tendency to call people liars is clearly part of his anti-social behavior and his obsessive need to try and control what people think is clearly a sign of his psychopathic tendencies, I really hope he gets the help he needs before he really hurts himself or someone in the Community.

This post was edited by card_sultan on May 17 2017 10:19pm
Gold: 9,765.00
Warn: 60%
May 17 2017 10:38pm
Quote (caswallen @ May 17 2017 02:12pm)
it's hard to understand where card is coming from.... often peoples psychosis and delusions are a result of their environment... maybe cards family are those types that say the government is always lying to everyone, and that NASA and scientists are going to hell because they don't believe in the same god as them.....

maybe cards family instilled the fear of government in him at a very young age.... perhaps even younger than when we all learned the earth was sphere, and that caused a paranoid delusion to develop which skewed his understanding of how science works.... you see when a young person is given the choice between believing what their parents believe, or a strangers belief, well they would most likely choose to believe their parents mistakes... because they might feel their parents will be mad at them for disagreeing with them.....

so if anything, maybe cards pathological need to earn his parents approval has caused a complete disassociation to scientific method and a constant need to defend his parents beliefs to everyone who disagrees with them?

Yeah the Greek Sun God was helios, and Copernicus plagiarized all his theories from ancient greek beliefs who plagiarized their ideas from earlier pagan beliefs in the ancient cities of Heliopolis and they thought God came from the Sun, so if you buy into Heliocentrism you really need to buy into the whole thing and just accept it as a form of disguised Sun Worship because it really explains the whole Nasa/Illuminati/Satan connection and symbology. You dont need to be religious to know that, just educated. So are your beliefs just a product of agreeing with your teachers and parents? Better keep being a good little boy.

Your rhetoric is exactly what David Icke is talking about, focusing on dots while missing the whole picture - classic example of state programing.

This post was edited by card_sultan on May 17 2017 11:07pm
Gold: 1,261.00
May 18 2017 12:54am
Quote (card_sultan @ May 17 2017 02:38pm)
Anyone who starts off a conversation with a blatant ad-hominem is probably a lying rageaholic psychopath, so thanks for proving that. :thumbsup:

Please stop pretending you even understand Flat Earth, you dont even understand the Heliocentric model but go completely insane if anyone disagrees with it.

So ya, thanks for proving its just the Dogma of someone disagreeing with your State religion, it explains everything really.

Calling someone an idiot isn't ad hominem. You don't understand most things, so it's not surprising you don't understand this either.
Ad hominem is presenting a personal attack as an argument to counter someone's point.
Saying "You are wrong because you are an idiot" is ad hominem. Being an idiot doesn't automatically make someone wrong, so this is a logical fallacy.
Saying "You are an idiot" is not ad hominem. Lots of people are idiots, you included. There's no logical fallacy in calling someone an idiot.
Gold: 1,253.69
May 18 2017 12:58am
Quote (card_sultan @ May 17 2017 10:38pm)
Yeah the Greek Sun God was helios, and Copernicus plagiarized all his theories from ancient greek beliefs who plagiarized their ideas from earlier pagan beliefs in the ancient cities of Heliopolis and they thought God came from the Sun, so if you buy into Heliocentrism you really need to buy into the whole thing and just accept it as a form of disguised Sun Worship because it really explains the whole Nasa/Illuminati/Satan connection and symbology. You dont need to be religious to know that, just educated. So are your beliefs just a product of agreeing with your teachers and parents? Better keep being a good little boy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5buFZr5huI

Your rhetoric is exactly what David Icke is talking about, focusing on dots while missing the whole picture - classic example of state programing.

it's ok card.... nobody is saying your parents were bad people... I didn't know you once believed in sphere earth.... but don't try to convert me to Sun god worship, I rebuke your Satan...
Gold: 8,933.00
May 18 2017 04:10am
Quote (ChivasRegal @ May 17 2017 10:36pm)

No, I didn't and wouldn't say that at all. Your ability to be termed intelligent doesn't hinge on your choices of beliefs, it hinges on your ability to hold those beliefs up to rigorous criticisms. You and card are incapable.
Gold: 0.00
May 18 2017 09:44am
stupid people prefer to think only in 2 dimensions whereas smart people are comfortable thinking in 3.

so says psychology
Gold: 5,975.00
May 18 2017 09:44am
People believe that the Earth is flat and space is simply water because of bubbles and muffled audio from a video?

Secondarily if we are to judge ourselves on the original origins of our ancestors beliefs and how ours have evolved from theirs we are definitely in for a world of trouble, your definitely stretching.

This post was edited by Xx Shin3d0wn xX on May 18 2017 09:52am
Go Back To Science, Technology & Nature Topic List
Prev1234119Next
Closed New Topic New Poll