d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Books & Literature > Need Guidance > New Reader Here
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1,683.69
May 3 2017 08:48am
Hello, just picking up reading as a hobby, as i need a break from my own thoughts and reading seems to do just that for me.

My question is;

Ive started the dark tower of stephen king, im done with the first book , out of 7.

I received another book as a gift and its really interesting.

Would reading the new book instead of keeping up with the dark towers until finished a bad thing ?

Would it be preferable that i finish the series i started before jumping into something new ?

What would you do ?

the new book is Dark Matters from Blake Crouch if you must know:P

i dont want to screw myself over but at the same time, i have so many hours to put in Dark Tower to finish the series and i have interest in the new book from the synopsis

complete noob reader here. 27 years old and just done with my first book ever ( that is not a school forced thing )
Gold: 1,683.69
May 4 2017 07:16am
Well i decided to go with fast and furious ending of the dark tower before the movie goes on the internet and the memes and i get spoilers everywhere
Gold: 0.00
May 8 2017 10:36am
I find I need a break from series. Even if I read too much from one author I get tired of it. I just finished The Elevatorguy, it was nice change
Gold: 0.00
May 20 2017 12:21pm
I mix it up. I normally have a novel, a graphic novel and a science/politics/general non-fiction book going at the same time. At the moment my novels are flipping between Gemmell and James Bond :P
Gold: 5,486.00
Jun 3 2017 12:07am
Be careful, it is a slippery slope

I often start a new series because I do not want to wait, reading nothing, until the next book is available

the problem there is that I often continue to start more, and more, and more books....I am probably in limbo on 10 series' right now and really need to return

I am also addicted to buying discount/secondhand hardcovers and then never really reading them...
Go Back To Books & Literature Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll